Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok everyone please don't troll me if I say... I accept the argument that I've probably caused speculation now which is unfair. I appreciate it is only my perception of the situation and I'm sure it was the end of a very busy day. However I work with the public and firmly believe that when you are on the shop floor so to speak then it's lights camera action no matter how you feel inside. Sadly it was keeley. It's not so much what she said but how she said it, if you get me. I got the distinct impression she had enough and she made it quite clear she wasn't going to talk to me. She could've said, give me 5 minutes and I'd love to chat but I need a quick break or something, or got a colleague to come over in her place. After waiting all day I know she was busy but there are better ways to provide customer care, even when you are stressed. At the end of the day, I had a wonderful time and I wouldn't let it taint the day but with so many great brands with lovely ambassadors it made me think again about giving elemis all my £££!

I cant' say I'm surprised as the last time I went to the BB I wanted to ask a couple of questions but she wasn't on the stand but walking round with Julia Roberts. I was in my wheelchair and when I stopped them they both looked down their noses at me. Keely then said "I'm not working" the pair walked off and started laughing. So I was crushed not only to be put down by Keely but also Julia

I cant' say I'm surprised as the last time I went to the BB I wanted to ask a couple of questions but she wasn't on the stand but walking round with Julia Roberts. I was in my wheelchair and when I stopped them they both looked down their noses at me. Keely then said "I'm not working" the pair walked off and started laughing. So I was crushed not only to be put down by Keely but also Julia

how horrible what a nasty incident. sorry to say but i can well imagine that. thats why i wont go

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this Nutsville; it's difficult enough being on wheels; like wearing Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility! They're there representing QVC even if they're on a tea break! At the old New Year New You event I bumped into Jill Goldsmith, the lady who used to represent Molton Brown (now sadly passed away) and even though she was on a loo break, she was lovely and we nattered as though we were old friends. It's a skill people in the public eye need to learn but few do.

I think that QVC should spend their money on training the staff before meeting the public, what a pair of very horrible women, Julia queen bee!

That is disgraceful. Even if you are on a break as a public face for a brand (including Julia as well as Keely) a polite I'm really sorry, but I'm not working at present wouldn't hurt. They need a constant reminder, it seems, that while they get their pay-packets from the HR departments - it is we the paying customer who ultimately pay their wages and bonuses. :mysmilie_365:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this Nutsville; it's difficult enough being on wheels; like wearing Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility! They're there representing QVC even if they're on a tea break! At the old New Year New You event I bumped into Jill Goldsmith, the lady who used to represent Molton Brown (now sadly passed away) and even though she was on a loo break, she was lovely and we nattered as though we were old friends. It's a skill people in the public eye need to learn but few do.

I recognise this - I hate that. My mum was a wheelchair user, and we had to push the chair (she never got on safely with electric and didn't have the strength to wheel herself). I used to pointedly involve her in conversations that were directed at me. Being in a chair doesn't make you less worthy of attention or simple civility, but it's amazing how many seem to think that's exactly what it does. :mysmilie_10:

My sister is in a wheelchair and she always has a walking stick propped by her side for helping her stand when she needs to move from her chair to the loo and if anybody treats her badly she isn`t afraid to poke them with her stick lol and tell them what for.
Mind you she`s great at ensuring people either don`t ignore her or forget her, she`s 67 and every 5 minutes ( so it seems ) she changes her hair colour from bright pink to blue and every shade inbetween, wears really ornate noticeable earrings or ear climbers, big fancy coloured scarves and is never seen without her face makeup on. As she says, when in a chair people can`t really notice what clothes you`re wearing so she makes sure they notice HER big time !
I shudder to think what she would have said if she`d be treated so badly by JR and Keeley. Sis always tell people " my body may not be working 100% but there`s nowt wrong with my brain and my gob ".
I wouldn`t expect anything different from her because until she fell ill in her 40`s, her job was caring for and working with people who had physical and/or mental disabilities.
QVC really need to bring their guests and presenters down to Earth with a ruddy big bang if that`s how they treat people.

I'm really shocked about all this. The year I went, I bumped in Keeley as she was actually leaving to go home as she hadn't long had her baby. I asked her quickly how the little one was getting on and she actually stopped and unpacked her bag to show me some photos. Perhaps the years on TV since have gone to her head? The year I went, the majority of guests and presenters we met were brilliant. Kathy Kangas was lovely, Tom from Alpha-h and also Will the IT guy, who was brilliant and Leighton and Nine who were like really old friends and awesome. Andrew from Gatineau and also Liz Earle were very nice and we got photos with lots of them too :) Sorry to say I found Kathy Tayler was a little snooty and Shavarta was downright rude. We approached her stand to say hello but she was more interested in her phone and turned her back on us as we said hello, so we just walked on by. Fiona was a little brusque, and I thought it may have been her who was rude. I also found the Bobby Brown crew were dreadful. I appreciate it was at the end of the day when we got to see them but they basically told us they were done for the day and to go elsewhere. Charming!

And totally agree about AY - she was brilliant. We spoke to her a few times throughout the day, and also during the clean-up after the big raffle they used to have then. She was introducing us to other members of the crew and all sorts and was really funny. Would happily meet her again given the chance.

Reading this makes me sound a bit like a groupie, although I'm not, but it just makes me think that QVC are going too far with the high-end status thing and it's creating a sort of "us and them" division, which does businesses and customers no good at all.

Well I think most of them are downright rude .They think they work or are the likes of Louis Vuitton or Hermes brands .I would never go for such programmes by QVC because couple of years back I rang up the line where you could talk on air about a product ,but before being being put through ,Dale came and he was downright rude that I hung up the phone and was shocked by his behaviour .I wasn't going to say anything negative ,as I liked something and was there to tell just that ,
Those people just put a big facade and I would not touch them with a barge pole .Sorry to offend anyone but these are just my thoughts .

Nutsville, I don't blame you if you couldn't face doing so, or couldn't be bothered and just wanted to put the incident behind you, but you really should have written to QVC and/or Elemis about that incident. It's absolutely disgusting.

I do use Elemis it does not annoy my rosacea(some of it does but I know not to use those items), but go chat with the girls at my local Debenham's Elemis counter. Well to be honest we talk all sorts of stuff. :mysmilie_17: But they have said Elemis see Keeley as the golden goose, she shifts stuff on QVC by the shed load. The routines that Keeley recommends on QVC with 20 products twice a day, I remember saying to the manager and she just laughed. All you need is cleanse,tone,eye product serum and moisturise. You add other bits if you feel you need them but if not keep it simple.

Agree to - haven't got time to be too complicated!

With regards to the Elemis TSVs that were shown at the BB, it looks like they are pretty similar to last year. The next one has Pro Definition Day Cream, Pro Definition Night Cream and Pro Definition Eye/Lip Cream - Pro Definition is the new name for Pro Intense!! So just the change of cleanser and the horrible neck cream added. The others are much the same .........................:mysmilie_10:

I'm sorry to hear about other peoples bad experiences. As far as I'm concerned if you're in a customer area at the BB, you are working. If you want abreak then go to a staff only area. Surely the BB isn't a day for guests and presenters to go around shopping is it?! My incident happened a good half hour before the end of the event and at the elemis stand.

I remembered someone else who was fab - the Hairuwear lady. I don't know her name but she was the one off telly. Spent loads of time with me and my friend and the hair pieces looked amazing and I'll definitely be ordering!

We also tried the new Dafni brush - my hair is naturally curly (I'd straightened it for the day) and I don't think it would straighten it as well as GHDs from scratch. It certainly spruced my hair up though and I could imagine it would be good for people with dexterity issues. Then I googled it and saw the price - $300 online! I'd probably buy it for the £60 mark but no more as it wouldn't replace my straighteners.

Also - my Leighton Denny mani is still going strong :)

With regards to the Elemis TSVs that were shown at the BB, it looks like they are pretty similar to last year. The next one has Pro Definition Day Cream, Pro Definition Night Cream and Pro Definition Eye/Lip Cream - Pro Definition is the new name for Pro Intense!! So just the change of cleanser and the horrible neck cream added. The others are much the same .........................:mysmilie_10:

Kathy Tayler (who is on currently with OPI and presented the previous hour - bit of a shocker seeing her on in the evening!) said that Pro-collagen marine cream is not in a TSV for the next two TSVs (those who were at the BB could probably confirm that).

But last year there wasn't any TSV containing the cleansing balm in full size, as I assume from the pic the April TSV will. And I am looking very forward to that.

The April tsv looks like it has pcmc in it, here is a close up and also tsv dates

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 263
The April tsv looks like it has pcmc in it, here is a close up and also tsv dates
I was about to say that. I think there is a choice between the regular and the rich version of PCMC, at least from the pic. But yours is not the right one, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I do hope we get another chance to get the rich Pcmc in a tsv this year as I really like mine.

I remember going to Ragdale Hall for a few days a couple of years ago, and attended a couple of talks by various therapists whilst there, the Elemis girls were really good, very knowledgeable and pleasant, seemed much better than the Clarins and Decleor representatives. I find their staff rather pushy in Debenhams though

Latest posts

Back