Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Emma did my nails and I have to say - she's much better without a camera in her face!!! She's lovely in person, she said she is very nervous so hopefully that will fade as time goes on as I really liked her. No-one paints like Leighton so it's a bit of a poisoned chalice (which would make a great name for a nail colour!!) but I hope she does well.

Hi all!

I'm also new but since I was reading about the BB on here prior to going, I thought it's only fair to update all of you who didn't go. I bought a ticket for Tuesday pm, travelled approx 2hrs and had a great time! My bag was fairly similar to those pictured, with a few different products. I can try to post a pic if people are interested. I took some pics of upcoming tsvs too which I'll try to get up, I didn't realise the interest so they may not be great pics! Personally I felt like I got my money's worth and will def try to go next year. There were definitely some brands I'll be trying, as a result of going. I had a LD manicure, loccitane hand massage, fake tan allocation, make up application from tarts, hair piece demo, tried the new dad I brush... It was a hoot! Definitely some of the guest presenters were more approachable than others which was a bit of an eye opener! X

Hi all!

I'm also new but since I was reading about the BB on here prior to going, I thought it's only fair to update all of you who didn't go. I bought a ticket for Tuesday pm, travelled approx 2hrs and had a great time! My bag was fairly similar to those pictured, with a few different products. I can try to post a pic if people are interested. I took some pics of upcoming tsvs too which I'll try to get up, I didn't realise the interest so they may not be great pics! Personally I felt like I got my money's worth and will def try to go next year. There were definitely some brands I'll be trying, as a result of going. I had a LD manicure, loccitane hand massage, fake tan allocation, make up application from tarts, hair piece demo, tried the new dad I brush... It was a hoot! Definitely some of the guest presenters were more approachable than others which was a bit of an eye opener! X

I would love to see your pics Toffeegirlie and welcome x

Thanks!

Oops I can see my auto correct when a bit wild on my previous post! I meant the dafni brush!

I've tried to attach 2 pics - one of my swag bag and one of an upcoming elemis tsv. Let's see if my tech skills work!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 557
:mysmilie_357: Toffeegirl! Glad you had a good time and a some lovely treatments. I'm not surprised some guests were nicer than others... I think it's like the presenters, some think being on telly sets them apart, while others see it as part of their job no more and no less, so are unaffected by any delusions of grandeur.

The year I went I met Nina from Leighton Denny - really nice and friendly but absolutely tiny, Dr Michael Brinkenhoff and Natalia (Revitabrow), Kathy Kangas from Prai, Shavata, one of the Radical sisters (the dark haired one) all lovely and approachable and very helpful. I spoke to Alison Young - also a really nice experience. Keely (Elemis) was mobbed so I didn't try to meet her, as were Andrew Bagley and Michaela from Gatineau and Tom from Alpha-H... that's just the ones I remember as I went round. It was a morning, which is not my best time of day. It is a fun day. The goodie bags are definitely smaller now, but still well-filled. What I did notice when I went that is as you got to the end of the session time some of the stands were noticeably disinterested in engaging you in conversation - a shame as there were stands where I wanted to find out more about the range and how it might help my beauty regime (which is surely one of the main points). Did you notice that at all?

Last edited:
Yes I found this at some stands. There was a definite difference in stands that seemed to be manned by brand only people and stands manned by people hired for the day. I noticed a lot of staff checking phones at every opportunity when customers about which definitely isn't high standard customer care! I agree at the end I had been told by the elemis ladies to check back at 5.30 for slots for facials etc as they might have time at the end owing to no shows. I did this but sadly all I heard was the therapists saying "can we go home early?" And being told yes, as I was stood there politely asking if there was any space. I understand there is no guarantee of a treatment and it's a long day but I thought that was unprofessional.

Ok that's the whinging done! That is really me being picky as I had a great time. The loccitane girls were lovely, Leigh from tarte and her team were great, Molton brown converted me, and the best for me was ?adele from SBC. I've never bought anything from the range but will definitely be trying it. Ooh Philip Kingsley ladies were great too! How you represent the brand on a day like this is sooooo important!! It can really make or break whether someone buys from you. One big name guest who I won't name was really rude to me and this really shocked me, so much so that I'll probably only buy the tsvs from that brand now. I haven't touched my swag bag yet, I just keep gazing at it adoringly!

A couple more pics - Molton brown tsv and elemis tsv X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 384
Yes I found this at some stands. There was a definite difference in stands that seemed to be manned by brand only people and stands manned by people hired for the day. I noticed a lot of staff checking phones at every opportunity when customers about which definitely isn't high standard customer care! I agree at the end I had been told by the elemis ladies to check back at 5.30 for slots for facials etc as they might have time at the end owing to no shows. I did this but sadly all I heard was the therapists saying "can we go home early?" And being told yes, as I was stood there politely asking if there was any space. I understand there is no guarantee of a treatment and it's a long day but I thought that was unprofessional.

Ok that's the whinging done! That is really me being picky as I had a great time. The loccitane girls were lovely, Leigh from tarte and her team were great, Molton brown converted me, and the best for me was ?adele from SBC. I've never bought anything from the range but will definitely be trying it. Ooh Philip Kingsley ladies were great too! How you represent the brand on a day like this is sooooo important!! It can really make or break whether someone buys from you. One big name guest who I won't name was really rude to me and this really shocked me, so much so that I'll probably only buy the tsvs from that brand now. I haven't touched my swag bag yet, I just keep gazing at it adoringly!

You can tell us, it won't go any further. :)

give us a clue!!! what i do is watch from a far how the reps are behaving while doing a facial. there was one woman who was having a facial and the rep had a nasty look on her face like this person had poor hygiene. she literally did not want to touch the customer. the look on her face was bad. i do believe some of the companies just turn up because they have to not because they really want to see thier qvc customers.

i will be honest and say some of the reps are really nice. tova comes to mind. a real lady. cathy the prai lady and the tall dark haired qvc model who works with her is also nice.

what i have seen puts me off. partly because some people geuninely believe the hype re reps loving the customers. imo its a bit fake. hence i wont ever go back.

Toffeegirlie [/QUOTE]One big name guest who I won't name was really rude to me and this really shocked me, so much so that I'll probably only buy the tsvs from that brand now. I haven't touched my swag bag yet, I just keep gazing at it adoringly![/QUOTE]

Big name guest? Elemis is pretty big..........was it Keeley? She always used to come across (when I used to watch QVC) like a bit of a nark, I could be wrong (and probably am) but I could actually imagine her being rude.

i remember the mally crew. totally clueless but nice all the same. i reackon they were hired for the day not really "staff"

Latest posts

Back