Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I miss Tchibo Ani! We have these cloths, still going strong after about 10 years! Tchibo pulled out of the UK a few years ago and I'm not sure the German site will ship here, they didn't last tie I looked. edit Ooooooooh they do ship to GB now, :mysmilie_481:

The "shammy" face cloths thankfully aren't leather window cloths but are a curious flat foam substance that dries stiff, QVC brands long gone like Mr Mascara used to sell them.

Last edited:
I miss Tchibo Ani! We have these cloths, still going strong after about 10 years! Tchibo pulled out of the UK a few years ago and I'm not sure the German site will ship here, they didn't last tie I looked. edit Ooooooooh they do ship to GB now, :mysmilie_481:

The "shammy" face cloths thankfully aren't leather window cloths but are a curious flat foam substance that dries stiff, QVC brands long gone like Mr Mascara used to sell them.
Then the shammy is made from the same material as the Sponge Chief, it's also stiff when dry.

Tchibo sometimes has very good offers. Didn't know they were in the UK.
Aren't they great, these cloths?

By the way, does anyone use the Cheeky wipes in the 25 piece pack from Amazon as posted in the link above? They seem to be very good according to the reviews.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of facial clothes because of the fiddling involved while using them on the face, and then washing and drying them. So far I tried LE muslin clothes and Emma Hardie microfiber dual ones and the latter win hands down IMO. I would like to try the Alpha H ones but am not a keen user. I probably don't have the need for them either, I'm just curious what I may be missing on.
I did a double cleanse with AH cleanser (without a cloth) last night, and then wiped on LG (twice), and there was no residue on the pad whatsoever, as clean as when I took it out form the pack.

I used three pumps of the balancing cleanser last night and used a SBC shammy to remove all my make up. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the product removed my eye make up. The SBC collagen cleanser isn't as good at that element. I usually use Elemis' whiteflower eye make remover. I did a further one pump cleanse, just because. lol!

I then put some liquid gold on a cotton pad and wiped it all over my face, neck & chest area. I got the tingling feeling, but was a bit surprised to see a tiny, faded amount of make-up on the pad afterwards.

Last edited:
I leave my cleanser on as a mask on my second cleanse and then wash it off, not sure if this is the trick to the complete removal of make up or the cleanser itself, I use TAC.

Well Alpha H Balancing cleanser is now my all time favourite,very pleased I went on AD for this,only problem now is what to do with my other unopened assorted cleansers think I had 10 at the last count.

I used three pumps of the balancing cleanser last night and used a SBC shammy to remove all my make up. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the product removed my eye make up. The SBC collagen cleanser isn't as good at that element. I usually use Elemis' whiteflower eye make remover.

I then put some liquid gold on a cotton pad and wiped it all over my face, neck & chest area. I got the tingling feeling, but was a bit surprised to see a tiny, faded amount of make-up on the pad afterwards.
Was this one cleanse or two with three pumps?
Casting back my memory, I did a triple cleanse last night (one to remove the make up and two as a follow up) one pump for each cleanse, or maybe one and a half on the first one. I'm now being indulgent with my cleanser because more is on its way in the post )))

According to Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes beauty bloggers/skincare experts good old cotton face cloths are all you need. Caroline worked for Liz Earle at one point and does not rate C&P.

More importantly, to continue referencing Caroline Hirons, her advice: for evening cleansing, wearing SPF - cleanse twice; wearing makeup - cleanse twice. So if you have makeup on and/or SPF on you have definitely removed it before you embark on the following stages of your routine. The lady talks sense, and has stunning skin to back it up.

Just received my box having ordered without ever trying before or seeing an Alpha H show just based on this forum. Really looking forward to trying it -tempted to go and cleanse even though have already done so this morning. Also had a little dabble with the eye cream and it felt amazing. I am really grateful to everyone who posted their views and gave me confidence to try something new :)

According to Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes beauty bloggers/skincare experts good old cotton face cloths are all you need. Caroline worked for Liz Earle at one point and does not rate C&P.
I am not keen on cotton face cloths because they do not dry well. I do not change mine every day. The microfibre is dry in a couple of hours. My skin has improved a lot with liquid gold. I've been using in every second day whilst the weather is bad and I am not out much. If the weather improves will just use it twice a week. I hate Spf products and only wear suntan lotion if I really have to. I prefer to wear long sleeves and high necked tshirts rather than wear sun tan lotions.

Here is her cleansing cheat sheet, interesting she says don' wet face first http://www.carolinehirons.com/2011/07/cleansing-cheat-sheet.html
And she loves Alpha H products.

Her cheat sheets are superb. You can also use the search function on her blog to find out what she's got to say on a concern of interest to you, a particular range, a type of prodct - normally it will return a number of blog entries. I did a quick search on acid toners on there yesterday as a memory refresher, and it includes a really excellent post on cleansing routines - so how and where you would fit acid toning into a routine. It is also worth checking out youtube. Caroline guests on a number of other beauty bloggers channels and has her own. She has 2 videos on acid toners, which are both useful.

Sorry - now plugging Caroline Hirons more than talking about QVC... But she's a credible champion for Alpha-H and the correct way to use it for best results.

I have just received my TSV the cleanser ( Balancing) & LG, I know & love.The eye cream is lovely so great hopes.Am now awaiting deliveries of the Vitamin C serum & night duo which Michelle said for skin needing the 'kick up the jacksy' (sp?)

I have just received my TSV the cleanser ( Balancing) & LG, I know & love.The eye cream is lovely so great hopes.Am now awaiting deliveries of the Vitamin C serum & night duo which Michelle said for skin needing the 'kick up the jacksy' (sp?)

I'll be interested to hear about the eye cream. I didn't go for the TSV having loads of Balancing cleanser and LG already... but did order the other two products you have bought... I'd been wanting to try both the night products (which I think are both also available as duos) and this looked like a great way to do it.

I'm not a fan of facial clothes because of the fiddling involved while using them on the face, and then washing and drying them. So far I tried LE muslin clothes and Emma Hardie microfiber dual ones and the latter win hands down IMO. I would like to try the Alpha H ones but am not a keen user. I probably don't have the need for them either, I'm just curious what I may be missing on.
I did a double cleanse with AH cleanser (without a cloth) last night, and then wiped on LG (twice), and there was no residue on the pad whatsoever, as clean as when I took it out form the pack.
I hadn't used facial cloths at all, but then I started using Cleanse & Polish....and recently I had to admit that I am not much of a fan of the muslin cloths. Instead, I prefer either the already mentioned microfibre cloths or simple flannels made of cottonwool.

Latest posts

Back