Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've always used my eye creams and gels over entire lid and up to the lower lashes.
I received my TSV yesterday morning and dove straight in without reading the leaflet.
I applied the eye cream in my usual way - over lid and up to lashes. Not long after my eyes began to sting and water. I should have used my common sense - whenever I have SPF on my face and go swimming for instance, if it gets in my eyes it stings.
This morning I applied it around the eye as directed with no problems.
I love the applicator - so cooling.

PS the balancing cleanser has really helped my 16yo sons teenage spots so he is having that and the pump dispenser hopefully should stop him from wasting it.

I'm awash with Liquid Gold, though - might have to start bathing in it! ;-)

Any areas of non-facial rough or bumpy skin you need treating? It could be good for that. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms - the LG goes on there and has helped no end. It's also great on neck and decolletage, assuming you're not already using it there. I also put it on the backs of my hands.

Definitely patch test before you use it! You need to leave it 24 hours for preference, side of neck below the earlobe is a good location.

If you are wary - start with it on dampened (not wet) cotton wool pads.
If you are OK with that, you can try it on dry cotton wool pads.

If you want to hedge your bets on the advice to use it alone, without a moisturiser: try doing your cleansing and toning earlier in the evening, apply your LG then... and then apply a moisturiser when you go to bed - so give the LG a couple of hours to work alone, so you do get the LG experience.

Thank you I will follow your advice and keep you posted :)

I'm awash with Liquid Gold, though - might have to start bathing in it! ;-)
I also have 'buckets' of LG from various TSVs, they've been very generous this year.
I started doing this a couple of weeks ago, applying LG neat all over first, and without a cotton pad. Now I apply it with a cotton pad though as I find there's less stinging this way. At first it stung quite a bit on my legs and especially the knees, much more than it would on the face, but not so mush now, the skin on the legs improved quite a bit since.

I tap eyecream on the "crowsfeet", then underneath the eye (but not under the lash area) and then above the eye between the orbital socket and the brow but never on the eyelid. I only use a very tiny amount the size of a grain of rice shared between both eyes.

I managed to get the TSV on advanced order still at the TSV price. I have never tried Alpha H as I never thought it would be suitable for my skin type but I want to try the eyecream for the day time and keep my richer Judith Williams one for night. I have read lots of good reviews of the balancing cleanser too. The only thing I am very wary of trying in the kit is the liquid gold as I have a history of very sensitive skin which seems to have settled down over the last few years as I got older my skin can tolerate a good routine with my balm cleansers. The last time I had an allergic reaction to a product was 5 years ago to some of the more high tech items in the Elemis TSV with the silver box I think it was. Something with Quartz in the name. I can see me returning the Alpha H but I really wanted to try the range.

The Elemis Quartz stuff caused my skin to react badly, too. I use the LG with no problem, though - not even a tingle! I use it on a cotton pad and directly dab it with my finger on my monthly hormonal underground monster spots. LG is the first product I've used that kills those things overnight. I was prescribed anti-biotic lotion for them and while it helped, it didn't have anywhere near the effect LG has. I've also had results on the faint brown spots I've got coming on the backs of my hands, too.

I used the eye-cream yesterday, took it all over my eyes and had no stinging. I usually only have spf eye sting if sweat gets in there as well, though. The non-spf eye-cream is amazing, btw. My lines are definitely softening. I would never have tried the range without the reviews here, but I'm now addicted. Everything I've tried has been nice to use AND gets results!

Good luck with the LG.

They are talking about that lady who used LG twice a day, QVC asked Tom to give her a call!

Caroline is brilliant, she takes no prisoners if you go to her blog read the Goldfadden spf !!!

It was after reading her I decided to give Sunday Riley Good Genes sample a go, as it has Lactic acid much more gentle for sensitive skin.

Caroline would wipe the floor with Alison Young.

Disclaimer. I should say I have NEVER used an spf eye cream.

I used the eye cream for the first time today, I have used SPF eye creams for years, as I wear glasses and they stop just above lower eye area. I liked the feeling of the ceramic applicator but I felt the texture of the cream was a little greasy and was for a few hours after.Di not have any smarting or stinging and my eyes can be sensitive.

I used the eye cream for the first time today, I have used SPF eye creams for years, as I wear glasses and they stop just above lower eye area. I liked the feeling of the ceramic applicator but I felt the texture of the cream was a little greasy and was for a few hours after.
Ops, I know what you mean, it's the same with Emma Hardie and this puts me off although the product is good, I'm now worried, mine is still in the post. This area is the most dehydrated, perhaps that's why skincare companies make an effort to counteract this by making eye cream richer.

isn't eye cream for the "crowsfeet" area and under the eyes on the orbital bone. the cream will carry itself inwards without getting in the eyes. eyelids are very sensitive areas and too much cream will get in the eyes and sting

Most are only for use around the orbital area and out towards the hairline (crowsfeet territory), however that is generally the case, not always the case.

It's always worth while to seek out product demonstrations - QVC and elsewhere - and do a bit of research about the most effective application techniques for specific products you are interested in.

It's also worth paying attention to the texture of the products you are using around the eyes. To be very general - the richer the product, the further away from the lashline it should typically be used. To be a broken record - always patch test before use... products and application techniques that work for one person will not suit another.

Latest posts

Back