Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We had a bit of a brouhaha on here a few years ago with one member advising others to use Liquid Gold every night, which is contrary to the brand's own advice. I think the alternate night off is part of the process, allowing your skin to recover. My skin wouldn't cope with an application on every night.

Yes, one member was very passionate about the Liquid Gold. She started giving everyone advice on using it, which was not the company's official advice.

Also, does anyone know what type of cleansing cloth I should be using with the balancing cleanser? Thanks.
You can use any cleansing cloth you have, a flannel, a microfiber cloth, a muslin cloth...

Its what ever works for you skin surely , If using LG everyday works then do it, if it doesn't then dont. Ive used LG several nights in a row and it works well , dont think id use it in the morning though!

Also, does anyone know what type of cleansing cloth I should be using with the balancing cleanser? Thanks.
ah have their own branded cloths that I was keeling my eye on

I use a microfibre cloth.
Back to the use of Liquid Gold every night when there was the hullabaloo on here about it, Alpha h posted on here it was not recommended to do so!

I have stacks of Liz Earle Muslins (or Muslims as often quoted on ebay) so I'll use those.

Back to the use of Liquid Gold every night when there was the hullabaloo on here about it, Alpha h posted on here it was not recommended to do so!
I watched Austalian shopping channel a few months back, and Michelle had this conversation with the presenter, who said she was using it every night and Michelle firmly insisted that it should be used every other night, unless it's a few days to kick start the routine. I think the reason behind it that it may thin out the skin. When I went for a facial, that's what I was told by the therapist about 'acids' in general but not AH brand. This now makes sense to me, because LG is a resurfacing product, and it does make 'coarse' skin thinner which is its advantage.

Liquid Gold is an exfoliator (goes with the resurfacing). Your skin needs time to renew the skin cells you are removing. I have never seen any beauty brand advise daily (or twice daily) use of an exfoliating product. It would be the facial equivalent of going nuts with removing rough skin from your feet... too much and it hurts to walk.

While you are trying out a new product or new regime, it's really best to stick to the professional advice. You can start by using the LG on moistened cottonwool pads first (so it's more diluted) and work up to putting the LG on dry cottonwool pads. Once you've got a feel for how your skin is reacting, you can try varying your regime.

You need to remember while using LG, or any active skincare, that you need a good SPF during the day so you are not damaging the new skin you're revealing and undoing the work the LG has been doing for you.

If you want to use a product that you can use day and evening, you would probably be looking at including an acid toner in your routine. If you want to know more about those, I highly recommend you visit Caroline Hirons' blog to find out more...

I have stacks of Liz Earle Muslins (or Muslims as often quoted on ebay) so I'll use those.

It's the predictive text on an iPhone or iPad. It says Muslims instead of Muslins. As I found out on this forum. And now because I am writing this post my Samsung has started doing it too!

It's the predictive text on an iPhone or iPad. It says Muslims instead of Muslins. As I found out on this forum. And now because I am writing this post my Samsung has started doing it too!
:mysmilie_13: It's so annoying isn't it? My phone (not a smart phone, as I have no need) gives me "neck" instead of "meal" - I ask you, how many times do you text your friends about meeting up for a neck at a restaurant???

Last edited:
So true May! I remember some right corkers with my old Nokia etc phones with the predictive text on those. I ended up with very rude words without meaning to!

This might sound like a stupid question, but is a microfibre cloth like a pink SBC shammy? Thanks.

Just checked Amazon but cannot make what shammy is made of?
Microfiber cloths also sold in supermarkets in cleaning products but they are not as fine as facial ones

I use special microfibre cloths for face, they are so fine and smooth and don't peel at all (otherwise I wouldn't use them daily), they just take my cleanser off and that's it.

Isn't the shammy made of the same as Kanebo's Sponge Chief?

I was wondering that too, but I thought Alpha-H was a cheaper premium beauty brand, so that would explain it.

I think if you order the triple action on auto delivery it's still available. And auto delivery in general seems to still be available at the TSV price.

AD option only is showing at the TSV price whilst bizarrely the single option is showing at £60

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back