Alpha-H TSV 13/08/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was this one cleanse or two with three pumps?
Casting back my memory, I did a triple cleanse last night (one to remove the make up and two as a follow up) one pump for each cleanse, or maybe one and a half on the first one. I'm now being indulgent with my cleanser because more is on its way in the post )))

I did a double cleanse - the first one with x3 pumps of cleanser and the 2nd with x1 pump.

I'm not sure I will do this all the time, I was just excited to use a new product. lol!

Regarding the eye cream - is it wasting the product to use it at night?

Do you have another eye cream? If you have, use that at night. If it's your only one, then probably better to use it than not use an eye cream, but only if it is delivering you a benefit.

In general, I would say you would be wasting it because of the SPF, and because if it's got an SPF in it that is likely to be the main benefit.

Most advice I read for any beauty products used at night: no SPF required. Save your SPFs for the day and use non-SPF at night.

I did a double cleanse - the first one with x3 pumps of cleanser and the 2nd with x1 pump.

I'm not sure I will do this all the time, I was just excited to use a new product. lol!

Hmm, I'm not sure where it went wrong then, sorry...

Regarding the eye cream - is it wasting the product to use it at night?

I agree with May that SPF shouldn't be used at night, but if you don't have another eye cream, there are some good peptides in it that will be doing the work at night time as well as the day time.

Where can I use the eye cream?

I agree with May that SPF shouldn't be used at night, but if you don't have another eye cream, there are some good peptides in it that will be doing the work at night time as well as the day time.

I bought the TSV because, both onscreen and online, they state the eye cream can be used up to the lash and over the lid. However, inside the box was an instruction leaflet which said to avoid these areas. Does anyone know for sure if this product can used as stated onscreen?

I bought the TSV because, both onscreen and online, they state the eye cream can be used up to the lash and over the lid. However, inside the box was an instruction leaflet which said to avoid these areas. Does anyone know for sure if this product can used as stated onscreen?

If Michelle and/or Tom said it, you can probably rely on that. However, you cannot assume that for you it will be OK without a little bit of pre-testing.

I'd try a 24 hour patch test [close to the face, so the skin on your neck just below your earlobe is normally a good place - skin similar to your face, won't get washed off unnecessarily, and you can easily see it] with any of the products, including the eye cream before using on your face to make sure you don't generally have a problem with them. If you're OK with the eye product, use it around the orbital bone initially. When you first try taking it to the lash line, don't do it on both eyes (that way, if you get a reaction, you will only have one problem eye to deal with). Do you normally use eye treatments up to the lashline without any issues?

The advice you may be given verbally by therapists and staff on a beauty counter may not be identical to the advice on the instructions, as the instructions will have been through the legal department who will always err on the side of caution. Unless you can guarantee that 100% of people using a product in a certain way won't have a problem, they won't let you put it in black and white.

Generally, if you are planning to do something other than what is written on the instructions, proceed cautiously until you are happy with the way you are applying the product... the same also goes if you have a product that's been reformulated - you may have been fine before, but you can't assume you will still be reaction-free.

For example: I used to buy a particular deodorant... it was "improved" and I cannot use it any more as the skin on my underarms began flaking off. Others are still perfectly fine with the reformulation, but not me. I wouldn't even say I was particularly sensitive and reactive.

I remember one of Alpha H TSVs with spf50+ included, where it said 'reapply every two hours' and lots of people sent it back for this reason before even trying it (!) judging by the reviews, but then someone said that she had it on most of the day on a hot sunny day, and she was fine where she'd put it on, but places that she missed out, turned pink. What I'm trying to say is that perhaps the brand is bound by regulations what they can put on the 'tin' as a standard, but this is just a guess. Michelle did make a point that it can be taken up to the eye lashes when Tom was applying it, so I concluded it's a 'yes', from the brand owner, who takes pride in her products.

I'm not sure about the official answer, but I might have put it too close to my lash line because my eyes were sore a bit. I am really tired though, so it could have been that.

I have to admit i used the eye cream and rubbed my eye and it stung a lot so id be careful when using it,

I adore the Balancing cleanser , by far the best cleanser i have ever used and i will be buying it again.

isn't eye cream for the "crowsfeet" area and under the eyes on the orbital bone. the cream will carry itself inwards without getting in the eyes. eyelids are very sensitive areas and too much cream will get in the eyes and sting

personally i dont see a point with an spf in eyecream as you can only go so far round the eye area with "any" cream

SPF is a big thing in eye creams at the moment, loads of bloggers saying they use. But you couldn't use at night as you don't need. Also SPFs can cause reactions if chemical ones to loads of people. The physical ones can leave a white cast so you need to be careful of that. Oh that is because use zinc oxide. I have used a SPF eye cream myself and can live with that.

I use Kiehls spf 50 on my face everyday under my makeup.

Oh and because of blocking pores round the eyes in case you get milla, so I would use a non spf at night for that reason as well.

I always put day and night eye creams on both lids right up to the lashes. Never had any problems. I simply cannot see the point of applying it around the orbital bone and leaving a couple of centimetres unmoisturised, the cream doesn't magically travel!

If you're using it as an SPF then just applying it up to the orbital bone leaves the lids exposed. Boots vitamin E eye cream has SPF15 and I've been applying it right to the lash line for years, no problems.

I would certainly not use an SPF cream at night though, it's unnecessary and wastes the product.

Last edited:
I tap eyecream on the "crowsfeet", then underneath the eye (but not under the lash area) and then above the eye between the orbital socket and the brow but never on the eyelid. I only use a very tiny amount the size of a grain of rice shared between both eyes.

I managed to get the TSV on advanced order still at the TSV price. I have never tried Alpha H as I never thought it would be suitable for my skin type but I want to try the eyecream for the day time and keep my richer Judith Williams one for night. I have read lots of good reviews of the balancing cleanser too. The only thing I am very wary of trying in the kit is the liquid gold as I have a history of very sensitive skin which seems to have settled down over the last few years as I got older my skin can tolerate a good routine with my balm cleansers. The last time I had an allergic reaction to a product was 5 years ago to some of the more high tech items in the Elemis TSV with the silver box I think it was. Something with Quartz in the name. I can see me returning the Alpha H but I really wanted to try the range.

The only thing I am very wary of trying in the kit is the liquid gold as I have a history of very sensitive skin which seems to have settled down over the last few years as I got older my skin can tolerate a good routine with my balm cleansers. The last time I had an allergic reaction to a product was 5 years ago to some of the more high tech items in the Elemis TSV with the silver box I think it was. Something with Quartz in the name. I can see me returning the Alpha H but I really wanted to try the range.

Definitely patch test before you use it! You need to leave it 24 hours for preference, side of neck below the earlobe is a good location.

If you are wary - start with it on dampened (not wet) cotton wool pads.
If you are OK with that, you can try it on dry cotton wool pads.

If you want to hedge your bets on the advice to use it alone, without a moisturiser: try doing your cleansing and toning earlier in the evening, apply your LG then... and then apply a moisturiser when you go to bed - so give the LG a couple of hours to work alone, so you do get the LG experience.

I've always used my eye creams and gels over entire lid and up to the lower lashes.
I received my TSV yesterday morning and dove straight in without reading the leaflet.
I applied the eye cream in my usual way - over lid and up to lashes. Not long after my eyes began to sting and water. I should have used my common sense - whenever I have SPF on my face and go swimming for instance, if it gets in my eyes it stings.
This morning I applied it around the eye as directed with no problems.
I love the applicator - so cooling.

PS the balancing cleanser has really helped my 16yo sons teenage spots so he is having that and the pump dispenser hopefully should stop him from wasting it.

I'm awash with Liquid Gold, though - might have to start bathing in it! ;-)

Latest posts

Back