Ali Young hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I like Alison Young, so not starting a thread snagging her off. I think she must be "growing out" her blonde colour, looking at her hair this eve. I colour my hair in a similar shade having been natural blonde all my life but now needing a bit of help. I wonder what her long term plan for her hair will be?

Its not the Ombre look as some suggested. That look is over anyway big about two years ago with the Hollywood lot and 20 somethings.

I bet she just has not got her hairdresser to call round(she has had the same mobile one for years), and it will be blond again when she does. Remember when it was the straight bleached blond look some years back? We call kept saying she needed a softer warmer golden shade.

I have decided to go grey as I just cannot stand the smell of hair dye anymore. I have 6 weeks grey growth on top. Luckily it looks OK as I had it dyed very light blonde. I reckon it will take about 30 weeks to completely grow out the blonde with hair cuts. Hairdresser says my natural grey/white looks mostly good apart from a patch at the back that may need some highlights. Once we get in to Autumn I can go out with a hat anyway to hide it. A bit sad but time to move on!

I started doing that after I had to miss an appointment before Christmas and thought yes now is the time .I just gave in last week and went back to have it done. My grey is the horrible wishy washy one and not much of it to look silvery. It was making me feel old and drab. I have it done in foils but not stripey and grey growth blends in. Next time I will go and have it cut short and get rid of the colour but I cant give up on my bob just yet.

I think Alison has missed a hairdresser appointment.

Last edited:
I'm not planning on giving up my bob. Hairdresser said one of her other clients had kept the length all the way through the growing out process so I am hoping I can do the same as I like my current hairstyle.

I'm not planning on giving up my bob. Hairdresser said one of her other clients had kept the length all the way through the growing out process so I am hoping I can do the same as I like my current hairstyle.

Be good to know how it turns out. I was left with half a head on the ends of very blond highlights and gave in. I have very straight hair and no waves or body but I know a grey bob can look good .

I like Alison Young, so not starting a thread snagging her off. I think she must be "growing out" her blonde colour, looking at her hair this eve. I colour my hair in a similar shade having been natural blonde all my life but now needing a bit of help. I wonder what her long term plan for her hair will be?
Thought the same thing.

Alison Young's hair onTaya haircare TSV launch

Alison's hair looks awful considering she is launching a haircare TSV. It looks very dry and brittle yet heavy and lank at the same time if this makes sense. She also looks like she needs her roots doing again. Now l am not saying mine looks perfect, in fact l need my highlights doing again drastically but then l am not on the TV trying to sell hair products.

Just had a quick look, yes you're right she's just making a mockery of that TSV. I got the feeling she's not the remotest bit interested in that product, I think the fact she looks bored stiff gives it away, she still wants to fill every second with her voice and her voice alone though, so no change there. My opinion on it is AY is a beauty "presenter" as opposed to "expert" so the Advertising Standards Authority should investigate. :mysmilie_17:

The products make the models hair look very dry. It might give them body but it's not the look l want. I prefer hair to look shiny and healthy, this 'big' hair with loads of volume is not for me. Alison's just looks shocking though and is not an advert for the products.

The products make the models hair look very dry. It might give them body but it's not the look l want. I prefer hair to look shiny and healthy, this 'big' hair with loads of volume is not for me. Alison's just looks shocking though and is not an advert for the products.

Me too, I prefer the clean an healthy look to the 1980s Ameican rock chick look or the Alison Young look.

read this and had to flick over. Oh dear. Not sure if its the leopard print but her hair colour looks weird? For a product suppose to give volume etc not working on AY. Oh and she just looks like she is going through the motions. Where is JF, she would be having orgasms over how wonderful the TSV is. :mysmilie_15:

If my hair looked like that I would not step outside the house never mind present a Beauty/ Hair demo on National Television. I've been using Vosene lately 99p at our local Bargain shop and it makes my hair feel lovely and clean and gives it a lovely soft bouncy feeling. Considering she has access to all these so called high end products she is a disgrace at times and it says it all about the stuff she's trying to sell. IMO it's a waste of money and.

Tiffany's hair just looks ridiculous. Her styled 'after' look makes her look like she has just jumped out if bed to answer the phone. It's shocking and along with her usual vacant stare she looks like a right numpty.

I have to agree about Alison's hair, she seem to have let herself go just lately. Hope she is ok health wise...I would hope one of my friends would give me a heads-up if I looked as neglected as Ali atm.
BTW I thought Kathy T was on sabbatical.

I missed the launch (and all the repeats!), so I was curious to see Ali's hair. I watched a video repeat, and have to agree with Kathy: Ali did not look at all well. She's normally quite bubbly, in any presentations I've seen her give, but she was as dull & lifeless as her hair, imo. I am among the few who like Ali, & I hope she will be back to her normal self, soon. Though I think someone needs to suggest to her that she ditch the animal-print.

Actually, I thought Kathy T's hair looked awful on the morning show; maybe she'll wow us all with the results of using the TSV, in the Nina Leonard hour! :mysmilie_48:

I have decided to go grey as I just cannot stand the smell of hair dye anymore. I have 6 weeks grey growth on top. Luckily it looks OK as I had it dyed very light blonde. I reckon it will take about 30 weeks to completely grow out the blonde with hair cuts. Hairdresser says my natural grey/white looks mostly good apart from a patch at the back that may need some highlights. Once we get in to Autumn I can go out with a hat anyway to hide it. A bit sad but time to move on!
I am now nearly white but darker at the back so mixed with grey.Don't see it as a backward step going grey.I had highlights for quite a while to take me from mid brown to the grey stage.There are lots of 'silver' hair products out there now--use them to keep away the yellow tones.I have so many complements about my hair colour,I love it ( the complements & hair colour!) There is nothing more ageing than a 'young' hair colour--then the older face presents itself--scarey

I stopped dying my hair and putting high lights in over winter year before last and thankfully my natural colour is an equal mix of my former brunette and silver grey My hairdresser friend who I hadn`t seen for ages thought I`d paid to have it done !!

Latest posts

Back