A'kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hiya!

I'm interested too to know which of the Toxic Beauty books you ladies have been reading?

Tx

I'm reading Toxic Beauty by Dawn Mellorship, and prior to that I read Not Just a Pretty Face: the Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry by Stacey Malkan. That one is very much about the US but still very eye opening.

I also love The Green Beauty Guide by Julie Gabriel. I bought that over a year ago and have read it a few times, and I refer to it alot as well.

Hi,

I did try the moisturiser and oil separately and it was still rich.

My skin has been sensitive these past couple of days, so I have stopped using the A'kin.

Which moisturiser was it you used? In most kits they seem to include the Rosehip & Shea one which IS rich. Maybe contact Mypure or another vendor and see if they can send you samples of the Rose De Mai, the sensitive one and the oil free one and see if one of those works.

I must admit, the Rosehip oil is too rich for me in warmer months (I feel that it just sits on my skin) but it's fine when it's bitterly cold! The Cellular Radiance serum is much lighter and has more slippage to it so it goes in better so I prefer to use that one.

Another oil I love is the Weleda Wild Rose Oil capsules very light. I use these when I want to give my skin a treat / if it's looking a bit lack lustre.

Which moisturiser was it you used? In most kits they seem to include the Rosehip & Shea one which IS rich. Maybe contact Mypure or another vendor and see if they can send you samples of the Rose De Mai, the sensitive one and the oil free one and see if one of those works.

I must admit, the Rosehip oil is too rich for me in warmer months (I feel that it just sits on my skin) but it's fine when it's bitterly cold! The Cellular Radiance serum is much lighter and has more slippage to it so it goes in better so I prefer to use that one.

Another oil I love is the Weleda Wild Rose Oil capsules very light. I use these when I want to give my skin a treat / if it's looking a bit lack lustre.

Hi cupcake, it was the intensive moisturiser, I think its the one you mentioned above Rosehip and Shea that came in the kit.

It is worth persevering with the rosehip oil. I noticed a huge difference in the radiance of my skin, but it took about 5 weeks to show.

I admit the smell isn't nice but it doesn't linger on the skin though.

...and the consistency in my case, but I think I should start over and persevere.

Hi cupcake, it was the intensive moisturiser, I think its the one you mentioned above Rosehip and Shea that came in the kit.

Yep that would be too rich for you then unless you have very dry skin - it's even too rich for me and my face can be prone to dehydration at this time of year. I think they like to refer to it as their anti-ager (well QVC do at any rate). You'd be better off with the Rose De Mai which has a light cream/gel texture, or may be the one in the pump for oily/combi skins which I haven't tried so not sure what that is like. The sensitive one is somewhere between the cream and the cream/gel in texture - quite nice but have only tried a couple of samples of it.

:mysmilie_348:

I've been using my A'kin Rose cleanser twice daily from My Pure since Friday.
I'm pleased with using it, my spotty red nose has really calmed down and appears less sensitive.
I don't wear makeup daily whilst at home but I did use it to remove makeup Sunday evening including mascara but found it stung my eyes a little.
Will need to try it again to see if it was a one off or not.
Is that normal for others and do they make a seperate eye makeup remover ?

:mysmilie_687:

Ive just ordered the A'kin mens skin wash , gift pack ( uber bargain !) and got the skin scrub as a free gift . The gentleman on the phone couldnt have been more helpful .Pointing me towards the right brand , then suggesting the gift pack rather than just the moisturiser as it was much better value , Cant wait for delivery and to see how DS skin responds , Thanks for the link to mypure , oh! and free p+p as well . Double bonus

I don't wear makeup daily whilst at home but I did use it to remove makeup Sunday evening including mascara but found it stung my eyes a little.
Will need to try it again to see if it was a one off or not.
Is that normal for others and do they make a seperate eye makeup remover ?

I take my eye make-up off with it and have never had any stinging.

I take my eye make-up off with it and have never had any stinging.

Maybe I rubbed too much on the eyes it could have been the mascara that went into my eyes.
Hubby was shaving at the sink so was I bit delayed getting water on my cloth, will try it again.

Has anyone used A'kin Sandalwood & Neroli on eye makeup thinking to get this for nearly 15 years DD, as her Liz Earle pump will soon be empty.
The only thing is with the amount of eye make up she can pile on and try to get away with she will.
Also with no thought to completely remove it, if the cleanser stung it would give her a real excuse :mysmilie_73: :mysmilie_61:

Wow the A'kin set ordered at 1105 yesterday was delivered at 12.07 today . What service just have to wait for DS to try it now

Any thoughts please on the Young & Pure range that My Pure sell ?

Any thoughts please on the Young & Pure range that My Pure sell ?

Hi Bags , that was one of the ranges I was considering for DS . The gentleman I spoke to talked me through the differing ranges the young and pure is aimed at girls , give my pure a ring and they will point you in the right direction with no hard sell

Hi Bags , that was one of the ranges I was considering for DS . The gentleman I spoke to talked me through the differing ranges the young and pure is aimed at girls , give my pure a ring and they will point you in the right direction with no hard sell

I've mentioned it to her and that it's been mentioned as a good range in Mizz which she reads, will see what she thinks.

Oh dear no good Tyson ?

The kit I tried is too rich and made my skin very sensitive.

I have tried other ranges with essential oils in them and my skin reacts in the same way.

I think I may be allergic to essential oils.

Hi Overtherainbow - it was from QVC, and I'm quite surprised at the value, which makes a nice change with QVC these days!

Item: A'kin 3 Piece Hydrating Rose & Radiance Collection
Item number: 228093

Item(s) total: £19.27
P&P total: £3.45

Contains 23ml rosehip oil, 30ml creamy cleanser and 50ml of the moisturiser.

I can't wait - hope it agres with me.

:mysmilie_698:

It seems the same kit is sold for £16.99 at http://www.nutricentre.com/p-42445-refresh-revitalise-save-999.aspx

Latest posts

Back