A'kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In another place I've seen rave reviews for Elemental Beauty mineral makeup, which contains allantoin (I think). I remember one woman in particular was at the end of her tether with skin problems (acne? eczema? can't remember exactly) and she found EB miraculous compared to other stuff she'd tried.

They do samples and their customer service is supposed to be very good, their prices are far lower than BE... and they're British:

http://www.elementalbeauty.co.uk/product-category

clemenzina

Thanks Clemenzina, I've bookmarked the site for now. Will see how I get on with the other samples I've ordered, then maybe give these a go too. Hopefully i'll find a mineral make up to suit me!

Sarah xx

How long does the Christopher Drummond foundation last?

According to the Green Beauty Bible A'kin gets 1 daisy which means its mineral/natural and contains a small percentage of synthetic/chemical ingredients.

I suppose a small percentage won't harm as much as a regular product would.

How long does the Christopher Drummond foundation last?

According to the Green Beauty Bible A'kin gets 1 daisy which means its mineral/natural and contains a small percentage of synthetic/chemical ingredients.

I suppose a small percentage won't harm as much as a regular product would.

My foundation is still going strong and I've been using it since last summer. At least a year I'd say (it comes in a big dark pot, and you decant small amounts into a smaller container for daily use).

I can't seen any names I recognise as synthetic/chemical on the A'kin packaging so maybe its to do with the extraction process of some of the ingredients ...? On their site it says

[A'kin] products are formulated free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours. Our products are ingredient rich, vegan, using certified organic ingredients where possible, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing.
http://uk.purist.com/

They are a darn site more natural that Liz Earle's though (who BB always rave about and conveniently ignore that some of her products contain ingredients they chastise others for using, such as talc!).

My foundation is still going strong and I've been using it since last summer. At least a year I'd say (it comes in a big dark pot, and you decant small amounts into a smaller container for daily use).

I can't seen any names I recognise as synthetic/chemical on the A'kin packaging so maybe its to do with the extraction process of some of the ingredients ...? On their site it says

[A'kin] products are formulated free from sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours. Our products are ingredient rich, vegan, using certified organic ingredients where possible, 100% natural botanical aromatherapy and formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing.
http://uk.purist.com/

They are a darn site more natural that Liz Earle's though (who BB always rave about and conveniently ignore that some of her products contain ingredients they chastise others for using, such as talc!).

My kit from Skin Nutrition has arrived:mysmilie_82:

I am going to try it and see what I think.

I've just read the purist website about what's not in their range and compared to Liz Earle it is really natural.

I can't use Liz's products as they don't agree with my skin.

I have just had a play with my kit.

I love the smell of the A'kin products, the cleanser is very creamy and moisturising and didn't make my skin feel taut.

The oil sank in really quickly and felt lovely and the moisturiser you don't need a lot of.

So far I am really pleased.

Last edited:
Just got back from town and my MyPure order was waiting for me (along with my JBD one too - it's like Christmas :D)! Looking forward to trying my A'kin stuff tonight! My skin also doesn't like most of LE's range, apart from the superskin moisturiser and gentle exfoliator it seems..

Just got back from town and my MyPure order was waiting for me (along with my JBD one too - it's like Christmas :D)! Looking forward to trying my A'kin stuff tonight! My skin also doesn't like most of LE's range, apart from the superskin moisturiser and gentle exfoliator it seems..

Let us know how you get on. What did you recieve today?

My Mam uses Superskin, and she prefers it to the skin repair.

I ordered the Oily/Combination set and the Rosehip oil.

Cleanser - Really creamy, lathered nicely even without water. Left my skin feeling really clean and not dry and tight.

Toner - smelt nice, felt nice on the skin, very refreshing.

Rosehip oil - smelt nicer than I was expecting it to, sunk into my skin really fast and felt very nice.

Moisturiser - nice consistency and smell again, sunk in well and has left my skin feeling fresh, clean and matte looking. Overall I am really pleased!

I only use the Superskin every so often, hopefully I can cut it out all together soon!

My skin looked pretty good this morning, and it was so soft! So far so good with the A'kin.

Tried my Christopher Drummond samples from JBD. Light made me look yellow so I'm wearing fair, but even that looked too dark... I put the white finishing powder on top which calmed it down, but it still looks sort of yellowy.. I honestly never realised how light my skin must be, before now! I'll probably try the very fairest shade from CD when I have a bit more money as the foundation is really lightweight and soft and seems good quality. My taupe Smashbox brow tech is a bit too dark also, but the product is very good and I love the brush.

Ooh my Lily Lolo has just arrived, really hoping one of those will match my skintone!

Whooosh! Really impressed at how fast these orders are arriving! :mysmilie_82:

And V interested to see what people think of the things they ordered. I keep lurking over the Christopher Drummond in JBD. :mysmilie_17:

Whooosh! Really impressed at how fast these orders are arriving! :mysmilie_82:

And V interested to see what people think of the things they ordered. I keep lurking over the Christopher Drummond in JBD. :mysmilie_17:

If you require Fair or Light shades you are welcome to the rest of the sample sizes that I have? There's plenty left in them xx

Tried my Christopher Drummond samples from JBD. Light made me look yellow so I'm wearing fair, but even that looked too dark... I put the white finishing powder on top which calmed it down, but it still looks sort of yellowy.. I honestly never realised how light my skin must be, before now! I'll probably try the very fairest shade from CD when I have a bit more money as the foundation is really lightweight and soft and seems good quality. My taupe Smashbox brow tech is a bit too dark also, but the product is very good and I love the brush.

:mysmilie_348: I may have this wrong, but I think Fair is darker and yellower than Light, which has a pinky undertone. There is a Cream, which is lighter than Light, but without the pinky undertones. That one was too light for me, I use Light. :mysmilie_34: think you already know this, sorry! I think I have a leftover Cream sample, PM me if you're interested and I send it to you.....not meaning to cut into Jayne's business!

:mysmilie_348: I may have this wrong, but I think Fair is darker and yellower than Light, which has a pinky undertone. There is a Cream, which is lighter than Light, but without the pinky undertones. That one was too light for me, I use Light. :mysmilie_34: think you already know this, sorry! I think I have a leftover Cream sample, PM me if you're interested and I send it to you.....not meaning to cut into Jayne's business!

You could be right, they both looked silly anyway though haha! I would really appreciate a cream sample, will PM you now.

S xx

Well I used A'kin again this Morning and I must say, my skin hasn't felt this soft in a long time, no breakout either.

I am more impressed with the A'kin than what I was using prior. I am now alternating between my A'kin and my other skincare (which I hope will be finished soon) so I can just use the A'kin.

I am also going to order some foundation samples over the weekend so I can have a try with Christopher Drummond. Thank you for the info on the colours. I am really pale, so will probably need the palest.

I am also going to order some from Lily Lolo aswell.

:mysmilie_687: all very much for the excellent feedback on the products.

I can't wait to read all the results we are getting from A'kin and also the mineral make-up.

If you require Fair or Light shades you are welcome to the rest of the sample sizes that I have? There's plenty left in them xx

That's really kind of you my lovely, but the gorgeous Watersiren has already offered to send me some - and it would be just greedy to have yours as well! :D

I bet somebody else is interested though.

That's a really lovely thing to do Mibbette. Bless you.

Email from MyPure this AM, saying VAT will go up with them on 1 Feb. Have some offers on as well, so go to their site and have a look!

Email from MyPure this AM, saying VAT will go up with them on 1 Feb. Have some offers on as well, so go to their site and have a look!

Yep, I had the same one - I'd best get in as I'm almost out of Rose De Mai and don't want to go without it! They're still doing free p&p too I think...

They're also started stocking Bentley Organic too....

I expect a lot of you "follow" Paula Begoun, out of curiosity if nothing else. For those that do not, here's an extract from her latest newsletter:

All of the following common natural ingredients can cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, skin sensitivity, and/or sun sensitivity:

* Almond extract
* Allspice
* Angelica
* Arnica
* Balm mint oil
* Balsam
* Basil
* Bergamot
* Cinnamon
* Citrus
* Clove
* Clover blossom
* Coriander oil
* Cypress
* Cottonseed oil
* Fennel
* Fir needle
* Geranium oil
* Grapefruit
* Horsetail
* Lavender oil
* Lemon
* Lemon balm
* Lemongrass
* Lime
* Marjoram
* Oak bark
* Papaya
* Peppermint
* Rose
* Rosemary
* Sage
* Thyme
* Witch hazel
* Wintergreen
* Ylang ylang

Here's the source: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/BULLETI...q_e=el&hq_m=592748&hq_l=8&hq_v=fcae55c8a8#one

Last week she told us that parabens are not harmful to the skin. I don't take her as gospel, but she does do her research.

clemenzina

That's really kind of you my lovely, but the gorgeous Watersiren has already offered to send me some - and it would be just greedy to have yours as well! :D

I bet somebody else is interested though.

That's a really lovely thing to do Mibbette. Bless you.

No problem hun, I've sent them to Tyson instead, so glad someone will get use out of them!

Sarah xx

Latest posts

Back