Yk prices!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The show was on in the background, but caught OH's eye. He's not easily shocked by the crap Q's presenters come out with, but did a double-take at a dress before asking WTF is that?

He must've had half an ear on it after that as when IT said you could roll them up and take them away as they're so light, he queried if that was so, why the ****** hell were they charging nearly six quid to post it.

You can't argue with man logic sometimes.

I just want to know that no matter what the size model, why the bust always looks too small for them. Not flattering.

I`ve just paid £4.95 P&P for a pair of earrings, not received yet Last week I paid £4.95 for a pair of shoes and considering the shoe box comes with the shoes from the supplier all QVC provided was a plastic bag where the packaging was concerned returning them cost me £2.85 So how do they work these P&P prices out ?!!
I tried to find the shoes elsewhere and couldn`t !!

Can't see any logic or reason behind Q's postal charges.Heavy items often have less postage than light.

When i send a package the PO guy weighs it and then tells me the cost. Its done on weight.

Can't see any logic or reason behind Q's postal charges.Heavy items often have less postage than light.
When i send a package the PO guy weighs it and then tells me the cost. Its done on weight.
I once emailed Q and asked this question and I was told that the postage charged related to the value of the item and not the weight.

I once emailed Q and asked this question and I was told that the postage charged related to the value of the item and not the weight.

That sounds about right, though it doesn't seem to apply to some cosmetics. I've often wondered if they bump the charges up for popular/exclusive to Q items, too. Cozee Home bedding is often £7.95 for under £60. It is bulky, though, so that may add something.

I'm just shocked at £6.95 for a scrap of lightweight clothing that obviously has a huge mark-up to start with.

I posted similar a while back when she said the same on a previous show - she said something like the clothes were just ideal to buy if you knew a student at University!!!! Like you, I was gobsmacked - how stupid and totally unreal can she be? Yes, if you're the kid of Ingrid Tarrant (or whatever she calls herself now) then I'm sure Mum or Dad can afford to "sub" you in YK clothes, but the average person has to struggle to put a child through university. I suppose in Q La-La land all things are possible, but this sort of comment just alienates the average person and proves she doesn't live in the same world as other people.

In an earlier show Ingrid was talking about the range being ideal for university students, perfect for layering, no ironing, etc. Just what planet is this woman on for goodness sake? It costs enough to go through university with all the other fees without sending your offsprings away with clothes from some so-called "designer" range. Ingrid lives in cloud cuckoo-land and needs to come down to earth with a bump. She herself looked like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards and probably yearns to be back in her student days! Of course, she doesn't need twin sets and pearls but she looked a right mess.....at quite a price too!!

I usually have something nice to say about Yong Kim clothes, but even I was flabbergasted at the price of that tiny piece of that so called

waistcoat , even more surprised to know many people have actually bought it!

I agree with everyone about the top Chloe was wearing, it is a nice colour and it looks very comfortable, but that long bit that hangs at the rear makes it look silly.

Having said all that, I love that top they are demonstrating = Yong Kim Modal Contrast Print Tunic

2zewgvq.jpg

but the price of £131.00 P&P: £5.95 .......:mysmilie_466:

I will definitely buy it if they knocked £100 off.

I do own a similar (white on black polka dot) top from Yong Kim at a reduced but still expensive price and I love it.

I will still say that the Yong Kim pieces (the modal ones)that I have are very good.

I bought all, except one at reduced prices.

M&S sell clothes with modal and they're about £100 less than Yong Kim. I'm still in shock at £80 for a tiny bit of fabric they call a waistcoat.

Someone must pay these prices as they keep this range going.As I & others have said many times the prices are way above what they should be.Chloe & Ingrid can go on & on about 'price per wear'/ investment/ quality etc etc.-- I don't believe it for a second it's all a huge mark-up.Would like to see the costings!!

I have always been totally flaberghasted at the YK pricing and the x-Mrs. Tarrant explaining some of these items would be so good for students.
I will never pay the prices for this range - and I mean never, but this woman needs a reality check big time, I think she has been around celebs too long in her life for whom paying big bucks for stupid items is almost an art form - there is no student I know who could afford such ridiculous prices.

I saw a dress , very like the IW Nicole dress by YK for £135. It was said you could go to a wedding dressed up or wear it with sandals on the beach!!!!!!

Aha!

I finally worked out what makes the bust look odd. Normal tops either fall straight down from the fullest point or follow the bustline around, but none of the YK tops I've seen on Q do this. They cling to a point halfway round the bust then fall, making it look like all the models have squeezed into a size or two too small. They're kind of like an seamless empire line, but... wrong. They don't flatter any but the tiniest figure as far as I can see (not that I've watched many shows - I just caught another one yesterday).

Do they do this in real life? Not that I'd pay that much for anything I've seen so far - they just wouldn't suit my shape.

Well Ingrid shouldn't knock it till she's tried it, the viscose pack of three tops for £20, IWs Pick Of The Day, are absolutely lovely. They hang great, lovely colours, wash well and look really stylish. The viscose has a weight to it and drapes well on every size, unlike Young Dim were even a size 18 model looks like she's been poured in.

That's it! Lack of drape and being poured in. Would the presenters honestly tell their best friend/daughter/sister/mum they look great in YK if they looked like most of the models? Why doesn't IT (who seems pretty invested in this range), tell the models to size up - a lot!

That's it! Lack of drape and being poured in. Would the presenters honestly tell their best friend/daughter/sister/mum they look great in YK if they looked like most of the models? Why doesn't IT (who seems pretty invested in this range), tell the models to size up - a lot!

The only people who are aware of YK are QVC customers, so to anyone outside of QVC will never in a million years believe you paid £100-£150 for a piece of clothing from this range, you'd have to carry the invoice round with you to prove it, in my opinion YK looks cheap, plain and as if you couldn't be arsed ironing aka "crinkle" range.

I had to laugh at the 'layering' technique that Mrs T bangs on about. She was wearing a tunic, then plonked on TWO waistcoats (black and olive?), dear God she looked a sodding mess and made the expensive clothing look like an explosion in a jumble sale - and what about being HOT. I would think the majority of their audience suffer with tropical moments and want to strip off, not add more layers. We had colour blocking that was BIG, and now they're pushing layering for all its worth. Well, my layering comprises a top and cardi or coat if its chilly.

I wonder if IT really dresses in YK when she`s not selling it for all she`s worth on QVC ..not seen any recent pics of her as she isn`t in the `limelight` anymore since her divorce but the one I have seen her style of dressing was nothing like that!!

I wonder if IT really dresses in YK when she`s not selling it for all she`s worth on QVC ..not seen any recent pics of her as she isn`t in the `limelight` anymore since her divorce but the one I have seen her style of dressing was nothing like that!!

No way would she wear this without being paid for it. Who would?

CC

I just don't get how they find enough people to buy the range....to me it's like brainwashing and always reminds me a bit of that old (70's? 80's?) film, where a toy company inundate the TV channels with an advert for 'Silver Shamrock' horror masks, to brainwash American kids into buying masks that are programmed to kill them on Halloween Night.

No way would she wear this without being paid for it. Who would?

CC

reminds me a bit of that old (70's? 80's?) film, where a toy company inundate the TV channels with an advert for 'Silver Shamrock' horror masks, to brainwash American kids into buying masks that are programmed to kill them on Halloween Night.

Halloween 3 season of the witch. I shame myself being such a film nut! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085636/

I just happened to flick over to QVC and caught a bit of the YK hour. Oh dear what ever is Kathy Taylor wearing. Her and Ingrid look like bag ladies. I'm sure a lot of people love this range but I cant see the attraction myself and the prices are horrendous. Theres a top on there for £109.00!!

Latest posts

Back