Yankee Candles TSV 15/5/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Delighted - not interested at all! The one I got from Rhys (via Autumn's link) is far nicer. I do love having a tart warmer though. My exotic bloom large jar has been tunneling badly and the wick finally gave up the ghost yesterday so I popped it in the microwave to make it a bit more pliable and then removed all the remaining wax, cut into chunks, in a freezer bag and I'm putting them in the dish bit by bit. Dead pleased as that equates to ZERO wastage!!

I was in a Yankee store in Raleigh, North Carolina just before Christmas and I noticed they had both. They refer to the new ones as jar wax melts, and the originals still as tart wax melts. The jar kind were a little more expensive, and are apparently blended differently so they're easier to remove from the warmer - a higher oil content or something, but don't quote me on that.

I've generally been a fan of wax tarts but lately I'm finding them a bit blow-your-socks-off strong. I also wish Yankee would invest in new packaging that made them easier to open, instead of having to stab at the the plastic while holding it over the kitchen sink to stop the wax crumbs going everywhere...

At first I was not liking you because you went to the states and probably bought YC goods not available in the UK but... I had to laugh at the packaging comment as I find the same problem... Hovering over the melt plate trying to get every granule!

I like you now :)

Oh by the way, I find that putting the burner on and waiting 13 minutes is the perfect amount of time to lift the wax out the burner. If this helps?!

At first I was not liking you because you went to the states and probably bought YC goods not available in the UK but... I had to laugh at the packaging comment as I find the same problem... Hovering over the melt plate trying to get every granule!

I like you now :)

Well.. er.. I.. I.. er.. thank you?

If it helps, when I was in Raleigh I bought my mum back some really cute festive tea light holders as a present. When I got home, the same ones were in the clearance section of the Yankee shop five minutes from her house.

Not for me I`m afraid. I prefer my plain white ceramic one with the separate dish. It looks ok wherever I place it and a teapot might look a bit odd on the floor or behind the telly ! This tart warmer looks as if they`ve tried to be quirky but ended up looking cheap.

Do you think the American company believe everyone in the UK is a tea-drinker therefore a teapot will appeal? It looks too twee and my tart warmer from Q years ago is still going strong so I'm not tempted in the slightest. All the Tarts are too strong for me so I use a quarter of a tart for a maximum of 20 minutes; I know the sets of tarts represent good value but since I get such long use from a single tart I just buy one occasionally from Clintons or the local YC shop so I don't end up with a pile of scents I don't like.

Do you think the American company believe everyone in the UK is a tea-drinker therefore a teapot will appeal?.

That was my thought too. I also think they've tried to make it look too "posh" (and failed). If it'd been a jaunty spotty one or a Cath Kidston style vintage one, then maybe it'd been better.

This reminds me of Eternal Beau crockery and Hyacinth Bucket!

I have had terrible trouble! Using a knife on one glass warmer I managed to smash it, idiot me, and it was brand new too.

I did that too, it was one of the glass mosaic ones. I wasn't impressed. I replaced it wit one of the ones with a little glass plate that you can remove. I just warm the underside and slide the wax out, no more knives used.

This teapot looks like something my nan would have picked up in a tat shop and then tried to Palm off on us, God she had some crap in her house when she died bless her cotton socks.

Each to their own, our houses would be dull if we all liked the same

I bought an electric warmer in red spackled glass from another retailer it was delivered today. I really prefer it to faffing about with teal lights. Not sure about the teapot design for the TSV though it looks very dated and twee. Oh I've just got it ...UK market teapot = national stereotype , never mind how unattractive it looks, surely they could've been more imaginative? It's a reasonable price though if you ignore the P&P.

They are available on eBay with remove able dishes and free posting

Last edited:
I bought an electric warmer in red spackled glass from another retailer it was delivered today. I really prefer it to faffing about with teal lights. Not sure about the teapot design for the TSV though it looks very dated and twee. Oh I've just got it ...UK market teapot = national stereotype , never mind how unattractive it looks, surely they could've been more imaginative? It's a reasonable price though if you ignore the P&P.

They are available on eBay with remove able dishes and free posting

Oh do tell us the name of the retailer! I am always on the lookout for new names! Mind you I am not on eBay.

Now I do not personally like the TSV, nor these, but for anyone who does like the tea pot design I think they would really like the two together sort of set out on a little table.

Not my cup of tea:mysmilie_14: would have like some of the new scents in votives or jars myself. I would of thought that a less plain teapot and teacup might do better, it will be interesting to see if it sells out.

I've always preferred the tarts (sorry, I'm old school) as the throw is nice and strong, however electrical melting isn't my bag as my tart burners are always placed in the lavatory & bathroom. My absolute favourite is warm spice - but fear this might be end of line :confused: anybody know the facts on this fragrance?

Rosa (thanks Autumn) looks really radiant in the launch show - wow, pink is her colour! Beautiful... you rock it girl!:rock:

Last edited:
I've always preferred the tarts (sorry, I'm old school) as the throw is nice and strong, however electrical melting isn't my bag as my tart burners are always placed in the lavatory & bathroom. My absolute favourite is warm spice - but fear this might be end of line :confused: anybody know the facts on this fragrance?

Carole looks really radiant in the launch show - wow, pink is her colour! Beautiful... you rock it girl!:rock:

Warm spice retired in 2013 im afraid :( There's a list here of the fragrances retired in the last 2 years...

http://andyyankeecandles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/yankee-candle-retirements-2013-and-2012.html

Btw who's Carole ? lol do you mean Rosa?

Why did I think her name was Carole? Maybe she looks like a Carole!!
Thanks Autumn for that info!

Hi Mazza i
I did get mine on eBay, I think they have more in stock if you know someone with an eBay account. They also had a couple on amazon but not much. Good luck finding what you're after.
I agree with the above post, Rosa looks lovely tonight. I guess married life suits her she looks very relaxed and summery in that pink top. She's a favourite of mine and I hope we see more of her.

Last edited:
Just bought some warm spice samplers on Ebay. £1.50 each which isn't bad as Im usually used to paying Wyvale garden centre prices. I rarely buy from QVC as the P&P charges would buy me a few melts/sampler candles in itself, however QVC serves as a gentle nudge to purchase, no matter where one purchases from!

Latest posts

Back