Yankee Candles TSV 15/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks again, it's a real learning curve but a lovely one.
The two large jars that I got for £8.99 each from the outlet are Sparkling Snow & Winter Glow, both white. They had a few different ones so was just a random choice really, not lit them yet as I haven't had the requisite four clear hours yet.

I think those two are lovely. Good choice!

:mysmilie_59:

Well I have just been into the Love Aroma shop in Leeds and had a smell of Linden Tree, I can categorically does not smell like sperm!!!! I can't say I loved it and certainly didn't like the mint which surprised me as I thought I would love that. I am at the moment burning the cherry blossom in a melt and it's beautiful. I wish I had stocked up on quite few more of them actually, it really is divine!

i am suprised at linden boring on cold sniff but really lovely when lit and an excellent throw. i dont like the mint on cold sniff either but will try that now. i love mint but not found a mint candle i like maybe this is it

i am suprised at linden boring on cold sniff but really lovely when lit and an excellent throw. i dont like the mint on cold sniff either but will try that now. i love mint but not found a mint candle i like maybe this is it

Boffy, have you tried Wild Mint spa candle from The White Company? Horrendously overpriced, but a gorgeous scent

Thanks AndiK, I was going to rootle through to find my original post but decided re-writing was the less arduous option (I'm having a dull day at work, so my motivation is lacking!) remind me though, what's your alternative method as I'm always on the lookout for hints n tips??????

Out of interest, has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to a YC before? I was burning Fresh Cut Roses on Sunday and it was like really bad hayfever, most peculiar?!

Yes, I have. Twice actually.
The first was Midnight Jasmine. I got a selection of votives as a gift about 8 years ago, so we're not talking large jars or anything, and within minutes of lighting, my throat practically closed up. It was the weirdest thing, and it was all I could taste for days later as well. The irony was that I only had it because it was a gift, I wouldn't have chosen it myself as I'm not a big fan of the floral fragrances.
The second time was a self purchase. A large jar of Vanilla Chai. Not quite as extreme as the MJ, but I ended up giving it away as I knew I wouldn't burn it again.

Yes, I have. Twice actually.
The first was Midnight Jasmine. I got a selection of votives as a gift about 8 years ago, so we're not talking large jars or anything, and within minutes of lighting, my throat practically closed up. It was the weirdest thing, and it was all I could taste for days later as well. The irony was that I only had it because it was a gift, I wouldn't have chosen it myself as I'm not a big fan of the floral fragrances.
The second time was a self purchase. A large jar of Vanilla Chai. Not quite as extreme as the MJ, but I ended up giving it away as I knew I wouldn't burn it again.

Oh, there is someone else who doesn't like Midnight Jasmine! Good to know I'm not totally alone (see my post 59 on previous page). Based on MJ, I might never have tried a floral again but I have found a few I like. I think it's just the heady ones I hate.

AndiK, did you order the set of cherry blossom and wild mint with the candle holder???

AndiK, did you order the set of cherry blossom and wild mint with the candle holder???

Oh yes, I did! It arrived today and I am very happy. I really like the Cherry Blossom, which was almost guaranteed, and I actually like the Wild Mint quite a lot, which I wasn't so sure about after reading some comments. I haven't lit either yet as I am trying to finish some part-burnt jars. I might light the Cherry Blossom in a few days. Oh, and the holder is very nice. It is rippled glass, which I did realise but might not be obvious on the Q website. I am using another black one I had forgotten I got in December but I will be using the new Tranquility one as soon as I'm ready for a change. Are you tempted too?

Oh yes, I did! It arrived today and I am very happy. I really like the Cherry Blossom, which was almost guaranteed, and I actually like the Wild Mint quite a lot, which I wasn't so sure about after reading some comments. I haven't lit either yet as I am trying to finish some part-burnt jars. I might light the Cherry Blossom in a few days. Oh, and the holder is very nice. It is rippled glass, which I did realise but might not be obvious on the Q website. I am using another black one I had forgotten I got in December but I will be using the new Tranquility one as soon as I'm ready for a change. Are you tempted too?

I am indeed tempted, especially hearing your positive review - very glad to hear you're very happy with your purchase :)

They do sound like beautiful smells and I really do want a jar holder now...I may have to crack :mysmilie_13:

I am indeed tempted, especially hearing your positive review - very glad to hear you're very happy with your purchase :)

They do sound like beautiful smells and I really do want a jar holder now...I may have to crack :mysmilie_13:

I was thinking you bought the TSV with the same two candles and Linden Tree. I didn't, of course, and am pleased now as this set is much better for me - the Linden Tree wasn't my thing. I don't like to encourage you, especially when you've been so supportive of my efforts to cut down on candles, etc. But, as sets go, and if you want a holder, this is a good'un, I think. The holder, by the way, is not as tall as the two others I've been using. I don't think it will make much of a difference, if any, to the way a holder keeps a candle warm so it pools perfectly but that's the only thing I can't assure you of all the same.

I was thinking you bought the TSV with the same two candles and Linden Tree. I didn't, of course, and am pleased now as this set is much better for me - the Linden Tree wasn't my thing. I don't like to encourage you, especially when you've been so supportive of my efforts to cut down on candles, etc. But, as sets go, and if you want a holder, this is a good'un, I think. The holder, by the way, is not as tall as the two others I've been using. I don't think it will make much of a difference, if any, to the way a holder keeps a candle warm so it pools perfectly but that's the only thing I can't assure you of all the same.

I opted out of that one as I decided to hold out for next week's TSV (glad I did) but I do love the smell of cherry blossom and I am hankering after a jar holder, so this is probably a no-brainer right? I know what will happen, I'll dither (like I did with the Harmony lantern) and then it will be sold out!

I opted out of that one as I decided to hold out for next week's TSV (glad I did) but I do love the smell of cherry blossom and I am hankering after a jar holder, so this is probably a no-brainer right? I know what will happen, I'll dither (like I did with the Harmony lantern) and then it will be sold out!

Yes, I do remember now that you decided against that TSV too. All I will say, using the "logic" I used, is if you want a candle you are sure you will love, a candle you are quite likely to like and a holder to test how it helps optimise candle burns, in a set which you could try and return if unsuitable, this is a good option! If you are still not sure, though, you could hang on and probably find the CB elsewhere, as well as a discounted holder in a sale, and pay less over all (maybe around £25-30 for those two items if you're lucky).

Yes, I do remember now that you decided against that TSV too. All I will say, using the "logic" I used, is if you want a candle you are sure you will love, a candle you are quite likely to like and a holder to test how it helps optimise candle burns, in a set which you could try and return if unsuitable, this is a good option! If you are still not sure, though, you could hang on and probably find the CB elsewhere, as well as a discounted holder in a sale, and pay less over all (maybe around £25-30 for those two items if you're lucky).

Excellent points, AndiK, but all I can say is, something is stopping me from making this purchase - most peculiar as it really is a no-brainer, but I guess I should be grateful for whatever is stopping me from spending more money eh, roll on the TSV next week!

Excellent points, AndiK, but all I can say is, something is stopping me from making this purchase - most peculiar as it really is a no-brainer, but I guess I should be grateful for whatever is stopping me from spending more money eh, roll on the TSV next week!

If you are hesitating, that tells you a lot. Resist! I shall encourage you no further - it's not meant to be! Something better (for you) will be along soon.

Latest posts

Back