Wow Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Something I noticed but caught AY on the Beauty Channel last night and remembered. Since they have moved to the standing and walking across the studio style. AY, cannot stand or really walk in the shoes she is choosing to wear. She is always leaning on the table with one foot up on the bar part of the table, then switches feet and then back again. So the sky-high heels she likes are killing her feet. Better is she wants the high wedges they at least don't put all the pressure on the sole of the feet.

Something I noticed but caught AY on the Beauty Channel last night and remembered. Since they have moved to the standing and walking across the studio style. AY, cannot stand or really walk in the shoes she is choosing to wear. She is always leaning on the table with one foot up on the bar part of the table, then switches feet and then back again. So the sky-high heels she likes are killing her feet. Better is she wants the high wedges they at least don't put all the pressure on the sole of the feet.

No crime - they'd kill my feet too!

They need to stop with the skyscraper heels. How many 50+ women would work in such heels on a regular basis? Certainly nobody with a job mainly standing and walking! They need to be wearing elegant footwear that accommodates their feet: whether those feet are wide, narrow or in-between; and whatever foot conditions they have. There are a load of beautiful footwear brands (most of the best in my opinion are German) including - shock, horror - brands QVC sell!! Surely all the presenters should be looking at these brands first?

Shoes are rather like lingerie: get the right fit and cut and it will take pounds off your weight, add inches to your height, and take years off your estimated age.

Back in the dying days of Beauty Bash, I met AY. She had been wearing a pair of extremely high strappy gladiator-style sandals, but by the time I saw her these had come off and been replaced by Uggs/Emus (I didn't check if it was the QVC brand). That was sensible given she was spending most of the day either standing and talking to viewers or walking around... but a pair of well cut shoes with a lower heel would have meant she could have spent longer in "proper" shoes and saved herself some pain.

These days I'm good at spotting when a pair of shoes will be an instrument of torture to my skittish feet.

I'm wearing a pair of Gabor leopard-print pumps today with a 1.25 inch wedge heel - they are almond-toed and my feet are on cloud 9. I look for a wider fit, a rounded or almond-shaped toe - no pointy toes for the be-bunioned becoming more buniony. I look at low cut vamps and look away - I don't want claw toes from struggling to keep shoes on (or the toe cleavage). I see front sections which are higher but are cut across where my bunion is at it's finest... these will be excruciating. I look for lower wedge heels or chunky heels. I look for comfort first, but if I can get style, I prefer to combine the two. Maybe Ali should be applying the same purchasing logic she would apply to the boots she wears on her farm when choosing shoes to present in? Her legs, back and feet will all thank her.

They need to stop with the skyscraper heels. How many 50+ women would work in such heels on a regular basis? Certainly nobody with a job mainly standing and walking! They need to be wearing elegant footwear that accommodates their feet: whether those feet are wide, narrow or in-between; and whatever foot conditions they have. There are a load of beautiful footwear brands (most of the best in my opinion are German) including - shock, horror - brands QVC sell!! Surely all the presenters should be looking at these brands first?

Shoes are rather like lingerie: get the right fit and cut and it will take pounds off your weight, add inches to your height, and take years off your estimated age.

Back in the dying days of Beauty Bash, I met AY. She had been wearing a pair of extremely high strappy gladiator-style sandals, but by the time I saw her these had come off and been replaced by Uggs/Emus (I didn't check if it was the QVC brand). That was sensible given she was spending most of the day either standing and talking to viewers or walking around... but a pair of well cut shoes with a lower heel would have meant she could have spent longer in "proper" shoes and saved herself some pain.

These days I'm good at spotting when a pair of shoes will be an instrument of torture to my skittish feet.

I'm wearing a pair of Gabor leopard-print pumps today with a 1.25 inch wedge heel - they are almond-toed and my feet are on cloud 9. I look for a wider fit, a rounded or almond-shaped toe - no pointy toes for the be-bunioned becoming more buniony. I look at low cut vamps and look away - I don't want claw toes from struggling to keep shoes on (or the toe cleavage). I see front sections which are higher but are cut across where my bunion is at it's finest... these will be excruciating. I look for lower wedge heels or chunky heels. I look for comfort first, but if I can get style, I prefer to combine the two. Maybe Ali should be applying the same purchasing logic she would apply to the boots she wears on her farm when choosing shoes to present in? Her legs, back and feet will all thank her.

My granny always said to spend your money on your bed & your shoes because if you're not in one you're in the other. I love Gabor shoes & wore the Amy ballerina pump when I worked in a school on a large campus. I'm happy & comfortable with 2.5 - 3 inch wedges, have bought Clarks sandals & a pair of Rieker boots from the Q with this heel height & because they all have a platform there is no dreaded burn. Presently wearing a new pair of Birkenstocks that were a bargain from Very, colour is Bronze, I think it should be called Sludge.

Latest posts

Back