Will she be in trouble

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
Just watching a jewellery show with Debbie Flint, the subject was earrings, she said that any earring that is sent back will be thoroughly cleaned before it's sent out again, now I know for sure, no more sending for earrings for me.

I think most QVC customers knew this anyway, from day one they've said this on and off over the years, granted though not often but people must know they're not going to throw returned earrings away, especially not the gold or gold/diamond expensive ones and they're going to send them back out again, let's be honest if they send used clothes and make-up back out, they're going to send jewellery back out.

I've received clothes that smelled of BO before. I mean if you're going to return something after wearing you could at least wash it. On the other hand, I sent back some pyjamas that were so covered in dog hair I couldn't do anything with them, even after washing, so I just sent them back. I really hope none of you got them :mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_1:

CC

Just watching a jewellery show with Debbie Flint, the subject was earrings, she said that any earring that is sent back will be thoroughly cleaned before it's sent out again, now I know for sure, no more sending for earrings for me.

Yes years ago they used to say you could return earrings as they were treated before being repackaged. On the subject of repackaging, I used to work for a transport company and certainly large keep fit items were sent to a prison were they were repackaged.

I wash all clothes before wearing. I have had friends who bought clothes and wore them to go out in the same day.

I wash new clothes before wearing them as well. For some reason hubby finds that funny, dunno why. My mum did it, so i guess thats why i do it!

As for earrings well my lug 'oles are delicate little devils and anything can set them off. Can't wear cheap ones, have found that silver, white gold and platnium seem to be trouble free for me. So all earrings i buy get cleaned no matter where they come from, before i wear them.

They used to say that earrings were put through an autoclave (high pressure steam) which would be fine; it's the same equipment dentists use to clean and sanitize their equipment. Would we trust QVC's returns department to always do this? I'm not sure.

Years ago QVC made a big deal about their quality standards. Seems that's gone out of the window now. If someone is paying a new price they deserve to have firsthand items. Returns should be sent back to the manufacturer. I know that they're not going to throw away gold earrings - that would be silly - but it's a question of confidence. How diligent are they in autoclaving their returned items? Not doing so could present health / hygiene issues. It also makes you think about other items. How about hosiery? Would you want to buy something that's been rubbing against someone's nether regions for 30 days?!

They used to say that earrings were put through an autoclave (high pressure steam) which would be fine; it's the same equipment dentists use to clean and sanitize their equipment. Would we trust QVC's returns department to always do this? I'm not sure.

Yes, it has been mentioned on air before how they are cleaned. To be honest I cannot believe how people are worried about earrings??? Are the holes in your ears open wounds? If not you will not catch anything from a strip of metal going through your ears.

Back in the 80s before the freaking out over HIV/AIDS, Boots even let you return earrings after wearing. Because of the fear of AIDS, suddenly no where let you return earrings.

Here is a question so have you ever borrowed or let borrow a pair earrings from a family member or friend? If so did you throw the earrings out because someone else wore them?

If you received earrings from QVC and noticed dried blood etc of course you will kick up hell.

I've offen said on here, that one of the main reasons I closed my QVC account was because four out of the last five things I ordered were visible returns, I mean they never even tried to cover up the fact, they expected me to pay full price for second hand goods and to be honest, QVC brag about their returns policy on earrings, but I never bought one pair as a QVC customer. Everyone knows you can't catch anything from earrings but if I have the choice to buy them from a shop that accept returns or a shop that doesn't, it's the shop that doesn't every sing time, especially knowing how sloppy QVC are with their vast amount of returns.

The thing is you go to a department store/M&S etc take clothes home and try on. Change your mind and return, they just put it back on the shelves again to sell. So apart from beauty which you do not want to use someone else's stuff, QVC is no different from every other shop out there.

How about hosiery? Would you want to buy something that's been rubbing against someone's nether regions for 30 days?!

Some people would be bidding on Ebay like mad for items like that.
Not that I look for items like that I would like to add
Came across it a few years ago when daughter was looking for costumes when doing a drama degree
The perfect dress came up and under the listing it came up with
Well worn and used in role play (with a wink) not washed
see my other items
Well worn pumps not washed
French nickers well used:mysmillie_46:
I could go on but I think I might :puke:

I don't mind being sent a returned item as long as it looks new. QVC's clothing & handbag returns always have a white label on the poly bag that has 2 barcodes on, brand new items (bran bran nu) don't.

When it comes to earrings, I'm not sure Honora pearls would be ok in an autoclave so maybe they just give them a wipe with an oily rag?

When I was at school (before the big HIV story broke) we used to swap and wear each other's make up and jewellery ...snogging boys probably posed a greater risk of catching something (not HIV...coughs and cold and glandular fever!)

Came across it a few years ago when daughter was looking for costumes when doing a drama degree
see my other items

Old well worn granny slippers have a large market.:tongue::tongue::wink: on ebay.

its a funny thing with returns. catalogues on the whole are very strict i never had an obvious problem. shoes may come in an unbranded box but my catalogue would check clothing was not "worn" before it was sent out. you could not return anything if the lable was not attatched etc.

now qvc its odd. to date i have seemingly always had new or as new as you can get clothing. but recently i had a top. no lable. crushed tissue and this person was a pet lover. i have no pets so i will be able to notice clothing from a home with pets. and hair that was not mine. it does not take long to check for this sort of thing. and i would not expect qvc to discard every return. but they should be mindful

see my other items

I went on Ebay to buy some underwear. I typed in "Calvin Klein boxers / S / M" and up came what looked like what I wanted - plain black / white for a good price. The seller then messaged me to ask "if I wanted to take advantage of his free fitting service!!!!!!" I reported the used to Ebay but I don't think they did anything about it. The same seller also had listings for shoes / socks "worn by a fit scally lad" (yuck). I cancelled my order as the seller was clearly some kind of weirdo. I just wanted new items at a reasonable price. These days I make do with Primark underwear - £8 for 3. Seems alright to me. There are some really funny people out there though with all sorts of kinks and fetishes. It's really odd. Maybe I should buy the boxers and agree to the free fitting service and see what kind of article I can get out of it! Hahahahaha! That would be great in a redtop.

Latest posts

Back