Will she be in trouble

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always clean earrings before I put them in and when I take them out - I just use an alcohol wipe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009UG8872/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

They are also good for wiping any scratches etc and I always carry a few in my handbag.

As to receiving previous customer returns, I don't mind as long as they are in unused condition. M&S, john Lewis and all other major retailers put customers returns back on the shop floor.

It is Q's lax inspection process that lets them (and their customers) down. They sometimes return items to stock when they should be sent to the outlet store.

I agree that shops put returns back on the rails but

They are looked at during the return process to make sure that you haven't been on a night out in it
And more importantly you wouldn't take anything to the checkout unless you were satisfied that it was in a 100% saleable condition.

I'm not saying that it is foolproof but a darn site better than Q's control.

I always clean any earrings with alcohol wipes (or surgical spirit) before even trying it, whether or not it came came from QVC - it's bound to have had someone's fingers all over it after all!
I've bought earrings from a fancy jeweller in Belgium and there, if you wanted to, you could return earrings - they simply clean them thoroughly in alcohol etc. if that's happening, there should be no more problem than your manicurist using a cuticle nipper or anything else.

I noted on holiday in both Italy and Spain that it is common for people to try on earings in the shop when they are trying to decide if they are interested in buying. I also didn't notice anyone cleaning anything before or after! Thank god I don't have pierced ears.

I wouldn't either. If they can send out used make-up and skin care products without a 2nd thought, I couldn't feel confident they would thoroughly clean and sterilise earrings.

And I don't trust them to clean the earrings either.

Latest posts

Back