Which words/phrases would you bann?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

" There are a 100 on the phones ". Why is it always 100, why not 99 or 102 ?
Also strangely enough its always " half the stock has already gone" or " we have sold a thousand in this hour ". So precise eh ?

It's cos they're flippin' LYIN' innit!
" There are a 100 on the phones ". Why is it always 100, why not 99 or 102 ?
Also strangely enough its always " half the stock has already gone" or " we have sold a thousand in this hour ". So precise eh ?

Hand made in Italy, never hand make in Margate etc (unless it is pork pies or something)

Don't you mean: "Hand made by artisans in Id-a-ly"

A few of them say "bran new" instead of "brand new" - that sets my teeth on edge... as does Jilly saying "twenny, thirly, forly" etc.

Don't you mean: "Hand made by artisans in Id-a-ly"

A few of them say "bran new" instead of "brand new" - that sets my teeth on edge... as does Jilly saying "twenny, thirly, forly" etc.

Forgot about the artisansLOL

Jilly's "in this hour" included in every blessed sentence bugs me.

The phrase we will never hear is (and Dennis Basso never slaughtered any animals to make this coat )
Lynn :devil:

Alison Young's 'paintented' when it is patented .... and Alex Murdoch's 'Bergamont' when it is Bergamot - they both grate on me. I can't understand why no-one has corrected them ......or.....am I the one who has it wrong?? x

"I'm in love with ..........." because I think you can only be in love with someone and not an inanimate product.

"Jump to the phones ........." because most normal people walk to theirs if they want to ring someone.

"Brand ambassador" ........ because a lot of them seem to have their fingers in other pies, so aren't exclusive to the brand they're 'banging on about.'

"Your clothes collection"
Er, no. I have a clothes wardrobe with lots of random bits and bobs. Calling it a collection isn't going to make me think yours is any better or that I should be buying more to convert it into a collection of your wonderfully managed clothes ....

Last edited:
Alison Young's 'paintented' when it is patented .... and Alex Murdoch's 'Bergamont' when it is Bergamot - they both grate on me. I can't understand why no-one has corrected them ......or.....am I the one who has it wrong?? x

Aaaaargh! I like Ali a lot but "paintented" drives me utterly insane. I've started talking at the telly when she says it and telling her off.

Jill Franks: ''you know me"; "Oh my gosh"; "Amaayzing"
JF and Julia Roberts: ''we girlies"
Decleor Fiona: "increddubull!"
Alexis: "Bergamont"
Attitudes Renee: "absolutely wonderful" every 15 seconds
AY: "SPF Factor"

ChrysantheNum by Nikki of Lola Rose. Miceal tried to politely correct her by repeating her but saying it correctly but she didn't pick up on it. Hey we all have foibles, some are charming and some are not. :)

Colourways ... in any of the shows that have products with colour.

behind the scenes jargon: e.g. colourway, handle, deep stock

words: malleable, buttery, movie, UN.......believeable (Dale is the culprit)

"Cooking up a storm" as soon as I see Simon Biagi on the kitchen studio set I just know he'll say this

"and to be honest with you" - Julia Roberts

"and why wouldn't you "

"plant and stand back" (yeah, I mean you RJ. it's a triffid and it's going to get you)

"new generation"

Jilly Halliday : gunna/wanna/bran' new/twenny/thirdy/AB...solutely superb

the high street

toasty, puppy dog's ears (said of Northern Nights flannel bedding)

Point-seta

Poin-sietta

or variations thereof

It's POINSETTIA...all those with 4 little one in reception will know this..SOUND IT OUT...put your finger under each syllable. How hard can it frackin' be!

FABRICATION!!!! like everything you're telling us - one online dictionary defines it as "a deliberately false or improbable account"

Oh and Alison Young (all the above posts plus) "Holla-gryfic"

Oh it's not 9am yet and I'm shouting!

Latest posts

Back