What percentage of purchasers post reviews?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
The reason I ask is that they are selling a small container of serum for £119 plus post and 112 reviews have been posted. I wonder how many units have been purchased or did everyone post a review because of the price point.

I don't post reviews any more. I've had so many unobjectionable ones rejected that I've given up. Why waste my valuable time?

It was just I was interested in trying to work out how many mugs, sorry people, spent that sort of money on one small beauty product.

Well I don't really buy to review. Back in the day, if I really liked a product yes I would review. Cannot remember one not appearing.

I do reviews on other places, they usually if buying online email and ask for your reviews of the products and the service from the company.

This is exactly right - if they don't like the comment, they simply reject it. A few negative ones get through for a bit of balance, but there are many slightly critical, or very critical, ones that don't see the light of day. But if you've got a strong opinion about a product, at least it gets it off your chest to write a review!

I don't post reviews any more. I've had so many unobjectionable ones rejected that I've given up. Why waste my valuable time?

I've never posted a review on Q but I usually do for Amazon, Trip Advisor and a few other places.

I'd be much more inclined to post reviews myself, and to trust other's reviews, if they used an independent 3rd party review system such as Trust Pilot.

For all of there going on about the reviews being administered by an "independent" authority.
They can never be truly independent while Q have such strict guidelines on what is and what isn't acceptable in a review.
Not only that Q are paying them so they aren't going to want to "upset" them to much just in case they are replaced by some other "independent" company.
I used to review my purchases quite often but soon gave up as so many of my carefully written to comply with the "rules" reviews were declined.

The reason I ask is that they are selling a small container of serum for £119 plus post and 112 reviews have been posted. I wonder how many units have been purchased or did everyone post a review because of the price point.
I remember reading about them giving samples of a serum at the Beauty Bash, I think it would have been last year as wasn't their uproar at he lack of samples this year? Could that be this product and some of the reviews are based on that rather than buying it? Although I do agree that after paying that price people might be more inclined to review the item than they would after purchasing a less expensive product.

Exactly why I stopped! I had a five star review rejected, no explanation given OF COURSE, and thought well you can stuff it then! That was the final straw.

I review most things and I find that, good or bad, they are mostly retained. Some of my good reviews have been on air (I'm so honoured lol). I did once give a review for a very expensive shapewear item and it never got the time of day on air or online (it was bad of course!).

CC

I had one review rejected many moons ago which referred to easy pays, and another (for a Yankee Candle tart warmer) where I said the plain tealights from Ikea were as good or better than the ones provided :mysmilie_487:

Since then I don't think I've had any reviews good or bad rejected :mysmilie_8:

I will also answer questions as well, if I have the relevant information or knowledge.

Latest posts

Back