Wen tsv 5/11/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of course Akimbo, a cheque is winging its way to QVC Towers. NOT!!!

It would have been nice to get different fragrances for each auto delivery, but hey ho. To be honest my Wen technique means this TSV will last a very long time for me.

I'm not saying this doesn't work, but I could do before and afters like the models, ie leave to dry naturally/style with brush or Big Hair.

Also, if it's so good why don't the models use it all the time and not just when he's here to "Wen" them?

I cant work out if the Tsv is outstanding value or are the other products/kits way overpriced. As for the Before and Afters of the models, like every hair care brand on Shopping Tv there to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think Chaz should stay off the Botox :mysmilie_12:

I cant work out if the Tsv is outstanding value or are the other products/kits way overpriced. As for the Before and Afters of the models, like every hair care brand on Shopping Tv there to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think Chaz should stay off the Botox :mysmilie_12:

Glad I'm not the only to have that thought ;) He looks v unatural!

As for the before photos I do think these are worse than some! He kept saying they had shampooed in the befores - but never mentioned conditioner so I suspect they hadnt conditioned at all! And since he's chosen ALL models with dry or coarse etc hair, it's hardly surprising it looks a little 'frazzled' with a single shampoo?!

In any case it didn't help me buy the idea that the products suit every type of hair on the planet... Certainly it turned my hair into awfully lanky locks :(

Last edited:
I'm not saying this doesn't work, but I could do before and afters like the models, ie leave to dry naturally/style with brush or Big Hair.

Exactly, this is what makes me LOL over these hair presentations, anyone's hair will look better after a professional blow dry, regardless of the products used.

I'm not saying Wen couldn't be good stuff, but the presentation demonstrates good hair styling, not good hair products.

The hair ads on TV are best, in very tiny print on the bottom of the screen it always says:

Compared to not using a conditioning shampoo and conditioner, or for Head and Shoulders flakes seen from very close up. Or the famous X has natural extensions in their hair, they had to add that bit as someone complained to the TV advertising body.

Avon Argan shampoo and conditioner is as cheap as chips and keeps my hair looking great. Like all the other beauty products sold on Q.Wen is over hyped and over priced. Imo.

Avon Argan shampoo and conditioner is as cheap as chips and keeps my hair looking great. Like all the other beauty products sold on Q.Wen is over hyped and over priced. Imo.

If you are happy with your cheap as chips, brilliant.

I use Wen because it works for me, has no SLS which dry the scalp out and it lasts me ages. The comments I have been getting on my hair colour and condition from others let me know it works for me. I tried the Percy and Reed stuff and thought it total crap. So horses for courses.

I have only used WEN since it became available on QVCUK. I use it to my own prescription, that is as I would a 'normal' shampoo. No way would I contemplate using 48 pumps, which is what would be recommended for my length hair. For one, it wouldn't last 5 minutes and, routinely, I wash my hair daily, i.e. each time I shower. Two, although it doesn't lather, it would be overkill using so much. Perhaps if I used the amount recommended, I would see improved results but, currently, I am happy with the condition of my hair after using WEN to my own prescription and shall, therefore, continue to do so. I wouldn't go back to a generic shampoo.

Just do it once Louise and if you do it when you're at home for the next day with no plans, resist the daily wash routine and see whether you get the same results Donna and I get. I remember you saying that you have v long hair, mine was bottom-length into my early 40s now it's bra-strap length (iykwim) and when I have to stray from Wen to colour my hair I'll use about 16-18 pumps to get it back on track for the first wash after colouring, or after a cut & blowdry at the hairdressers. But after that I use between 8-12 pumps (less if I haven't used styling products) my hair is fine for 5+ days afterwards. I don't just mean I can leave it another day at a pinch if I scrape it into a bun. Leaving my hair to air-dry takes a couple of hours, blow-drying takes about 15 minutes so not having to do this daily saves me loads of time and must really help the overall condition.

Broken record time: as long as you apply enough to cleanse your scalp and rinse really thoroughly, the product seems to carry away any environmental grime from the lengths of your hair. I think this is how Louise gets results on her long hair without wasting extra pumps. So imagine a handful of pumps from your regular shampoo & conditioner used every day for 5 days, it'd probably be a similar or greater volume than the equivalent 10 pumps of Wen, and if you can get away with fewer pumps you'll use less volume of Wen than your regular routine. It won't suit everyone, but then there are loads of products that I don't get on with. I've been using Wen for about 4 years (possibly longer) I bought my first bottle from ebay and then direct from Wen's uk website (without joining their auto delivery scheme).

Don't forget to rinse really well!

I'm looking forward to trying the mist as I do sometimes have to blow-dry my fringe in the morning if it's sticking up when I get up.

Did I mention the rinsing?

Just a thought about the TSV, if you have to return it, try to get a Hermes collection first but failing that, Royal Mail have increased their max weight for small parcels - so upto 2kg can be sent for £2.80 2nd class (£3.90 signed for). You'd have to double check that the box's dimensions are right for this rate but it also shows how over-priced their £6 p&p is!

PS Don't forget to rinse really well :mysmilie_59:

Morning Louise, Just reread my post, and I sound awfully bossy LOL - you know what suits you and your hair!

I haven't tried the mist yet so I'm really happy it's in the TSV. In fact it's a perfectly proportioned set of products for me; I mainly use the cleanser, only very occasionally use the deep conditioner and want to try the mist.

Mr Akimbo relented and ordered the auto delivery on his account but that'll mean I can't try the mist until Xmas.

The mist is probably my favourite WEN product. I wish they would do it in a supersize.

Is the mist to be used instead of washing in the cleaning conditioner?

Like Philip Kingley's 'one more day' and Percy & Reed's 'dry shampoo'?

Thanks.

I think Chaz could become a Qvc Presenter because the "Claims" he keeps making are total BS. Hes just said that hes been running his hands through a particular models hair for the last 20 hours lol, I hope shes been paid well :mysmilie_59:

I think Chaz could become a Qvc Presenter because the "Claims" he keeps making are total BS. Hes just said that hes been running his hands through a particular models hair for the last 20 hours lol, I hope shes been paid well :mysmilie_59:

Her hair is probably conditioned with sweaty palm oil in that case. Yuk!

Latest posts

Back