Wen tsv 5/11/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some blogger did a size by size of Wen and Hair One.

The bottle is smaller and the product is thinner in texture. Not sure if that means you will use more product up quicker?

Thanks all. It's a minefield out there! I have found two that I am interested in trying. Australian Organics from John Lewis and one from MooGoo.

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnl..._jtt_v_from_product=un_product_22#page_loaded

http://www.moogooskincare.co.uk/milk-shampoo.html

I may pick up the AO next week and put the milk shampoo and cream conditioner on my xmas list. I love the sound and the ethics of this company, so I'd like to try. The Kevin Murphy (?) one recommend also sounds nice.

Got my wen and tried it last night.

My scalp feels fine and my hair isn't lank but it is a dry texture and not soft and bouncy.

I followed the instructions except I didn't add a pump through the ends as a leave in conditioner as I don't have dry ends or any damage. Maybe it is necessary to do this every time anyway?

I'll keep trying and hope for better results and have told DH to try it too.

So can anyone recommend an alternative to Wen? I like the thought of using a shampoo that doesn't strip, is that the SLS in it that does that? Preferably without the faff of Wen though ;-) How does Liz Earle hold up?

I was going to suggest Naked Bodycare's shampoodle and condish as a nasty free option but it would appear they don't exist anymore, much to my dismay. I've bought their products for a while for my daughter and husband to use as they both have sensitive skin that gets really itchy with most things but the Naked stuff was great without being expensive and also smelled lovely. Gutted it's gone.

Got my wen and tried it last night.

My scalp feels fine and my hair isn't lank but it is a dry texture and not soft and bouncy.

I followed the instructions except I didn't add a pump through the ends as a leave in conditioner as I don't have dry ends or any damage. Maybe it is necessary to do this every time anyway?

I'll keep trying and hope for better results and have told DH to try it too.

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't bother with the extra pump at the end. Does not make much different to my hair.

I tried the Replenishing Spray this morning, wore up to cow's lick on the right side at a weird angle and a bit on the other side sticking up. Quick spray and hairdryer two minutes soft shiny non sticking up bits.

I`ve never used Wen so I can`t comment on it. Some people seem to love it, some don`t, much like any other product it`s to each their own.
If (like me) you`re not bothered about names on bottles, advertising hype and pushy sales techniques, then here`s an SLS free shampoo, made by a small company in small fresh batches, no fancy packaging, no nasties and at a realistic price and it does what it says. Various sizes are available.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Shampoo-SLS-free-Extra-Mild.html
Here`s the equally kind, equally good conditioner
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Hair-Conditioner.html

I`ve never used Wen so I can`t comment on it. Some people seem to love it, some don`t, much like any other product it`s to each their own.
If (like me) you`re not bothered about names on bottles, advertising hype and pushy sales techniques, then here`s an SLS free shampoo, made by a small company in small fresh batches, no fancy packaging, no nasties and at a realistic price and it does what it says. Various sizes are available.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Shampoo-SLS-free-Extra-Mild.html
Here`s the equally kind, equally good conditioner
http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Hair-Conditioner.html

These actually came up on the search I did! I did think that once I had tried sls free shampoo, and was happy with it, that I would order these. I would rather go for smaller, more authentic brands to be honest. Paying over £10 for shampoo really irks me! Have you tried these Vienna? Am hoping to pick up the Australian Organics from John Lewis on Monday so will see how these work for me before trying anything else.

I have just used the Ego Infused hairdryer for the first time and it's amazing! My hair looks really shiny and feels soft. I am hoping that this, coupled with an sls free shampoo, will make it 'really' healthy. Not that it's bad, I just want to keep it shiny, smooth and frizz free as much as possible!

These actually came up on the search I did! I did think that once I had tried sls free shampoo, and was happy with it, that I would order these. I would rather go for smaller, more authentic brands to be honest. Paying over £10 for shampoo really irks me! Have you tried these Vienna? Am hoping to pick up the Australian Organics from John Lewis on Monday so will see how these work for me before trying anything else.

I have just used the Ego Infused hairdryer for the first time and it's amazing! My hair looks really shiny and feels soft. I am hoping that this, coupled with an sls free shampoo, will make it 'really' healthy. Not that it's bad, I just want to keep it shiny, smooth and frizz free as much as possible!

Yes I use both the shampoo and conditioner. I also use their base face wash (very much like Cliniques liquid face wash) and cucumber cleanser and their base moisturiser and lavender hydrolat as a toner. They`re all under their cosmetic base tab at the top of their home page. I love their stuff.

I don't know if you live near a Costco MK, but their signature shampoodle (in the lilacy purpley bottle) is SLS and paraben free, I've used it a lot in the past and I found it to be very good) it is about the £10 mark but the bottle is a mahoosive pump size, I think it's a litre, so not bad value given the size. The condish is equally good. (IMHO!)

I have a question to forum mates in regards Ego hairdryer as someone on here mentioned that they saw an identical hairdryer but not the Ego one a while ago in Lidl for around £15. Does any one know where to get a similar one to Ego at an affordable price?

Don't worry it does not linger on the hair.

I bought a hairdryer this week, Remington from Boots online only £26.99 offer price £15.99. Its light has the iconic thing which will do me.

I'm giving this a good trail but at the moment my plan is to send back. I've been using exactly as indicated and now always add a pump as leave in conditioner as instructed and my hair is softer than without. My scalp feels quite good but I can only go two days and my hair looks lank and I can't wait to wash again. With normal shampoo I normally wash every third day so this is disappointing. I'm hoping the results will keep improving with use and am going to try the deep conditioner next wash.

Decided to order Hair One last week , and have used it for the fist time today and i can safely say it beats Wen hands down for me, My hair looks so much better, It has shine and body and doesnt feel greasy in the slightest and the best thing is that its a fraction of the price of Wen. I used the one with Olive oil for dry hair.

Ooh that's good Autumn. I reccommended both WEN and Hair One to my manager. She really likes the WEN and I texed her when they did the TSV, I will ask her how she got on with the Hair One. She is mixed race and she is always on the look out for hair products to keep the moisture in her curly hair.

Ooh that's good Autumn. I reccommended both WEN and Hair One to my manager. She really likes the WEN and I texed her when they did the TSV, I will ask her how she got on with the Hair One. She is mixed race and she is always on the look out for hair products to keep the moisture in her curly hair.

There is a Hair one with Argan oil especially for Curly hair which may suit her better, let us know what she said :)

Latest posts

Back