Twitter Apology Issued

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are we not entitled to have opinions now. If that's what JR thought at the time she posted on Twitter then so be it. She obviously feels strongly about the footie. IMO what happens on Twitter should stay on Twitter.

Paul Coia was born in Glasgow not Italy.

He's from an Italian family - there's a huge Italian community in both Glasgow and Edinburgh and even though they might be born here, many of them consider themselves Italian first and Scottish second. They're very proud of their heritage and we benefit from all the fabulous ice cream shops they own in Scotland :grin:

I have never met a Scot who supported England in anything sport or otherwise.
I'm from Scotland but I class myself as British, do you think when the Olympics are on that all Scottish people are only going to support Scottish athelets? When it's the opening ceremony do you think it will be a Scottish Flag team GB will be carrying, no it will be a British Flag.

My husband is a big cricket fan and golf fan, I can assure he supports all British players and was even stays up to watch the England cricket team play (especially in the Ashes).

So Bettyboo are you still of the opinion that a Scot does not support England in anything?

without wanting to start a war (!) summergirl, I was perfectly happy to see any of the "home" teams do well in footy matches, until the day a few years ago I saw on telly a pubful of Scots cheering to the rafters when a team scored against England..that did me! I'm not saying all Scots are the same, but I worked with a bloke once who really cheesed me off going on about how beautiful it was (I know, I lived there for a while), how much better everything was, and in the end I just had to say it "so why are you living down here, taking a job an English person could do?" Oops! But I do have family in Scotland still and I KNOW not all Scots are anti-English. Just most of 'em..! Sorry - I've ducked behind the sofa!

I think it's a big fuss over nothing!! We can't say any bl**dy thing these days without someone throwing a hissy fit and getting offended. I wouldn't have taken offence if a colleague had said that to me. But I think I may be one of the lucky people that doesn't get offended unless someone directly calls me something nasty!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Correct!! Complete friggin' pathetic utter PC fooking bollocks!! I wish the PCers would fcuk off!

Sorry Busymum didn't mean to sound like I was waging a war, I was just about to paint my face blue and white and shout freedom out the window (mind you I think Alex Salmond would make this compulsory if he could!) lol.

It just annoys me when English people assume that all Scottish people are against England when it's not true.

Once again apologies to anyone who thought I was having a go.

I'm a Scot who lives in England, and supports the English team. Does that make me some kind of Scottish traitor, according to JR's logic? OTOH, I enjoy watching the play of more skilled teams, and would not be upset to see England beaten by Brazil, Italy or Spain. Does that make me a traitor to England? How much loyalty do I have to show, to not fall into JR's Treason Zone?

Sparklybarbs: I quite agree, it was a harsh comment for Julia to make, and, like yourself, I like Julia. So, no need to hide away from Julia followers - it's totally fair criticism. Anyway, if you were half Italian and half Scottish, why would you support England?! Glad Julia apologised.

How very narrowed minded of Julia. Surprised, thought she was brighter than that.

summer girl (reply with quote won't work for me at the moment) but if you read my post you will see that what I said was I had never met one.

I think her passion for the game made her engage her Twitter fingers before her brain. No love lost between her and DG then eh?!

Well I cannot believe how completely inoffensive DF's tweet was, but personally I couldn't give a flying fig about the football! The less on my TV the better! :D

Latest posts

Back