Tova Set of 3 Fragrances TSV 29/01/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a selection of mini Tova perfumes to try and I thought they were all AWFUL!!!!! I use a lot of perfume ranging from a light L'Occitane Floral spray to Chanel and these are the worst I have ever had. They did not even have what I would call a normal perfume smell, just like something thrown together regardless and on my skin they were truly horrible. Approach with caution is my advice. I thought they would be a bargain buy, but now just go the dreaded High Street at Sales time, or M&S for one of theirs which are very similar to top brands, as I do not want to waste my money again. Stupidly I didn't try it in the 30DMBG.

Who? What have I missed?

Well he kind of appeared next to Tova at the end of one of her last shows and I didn't quite catch who he was! I think he may be someone who is going to take over some of the marketing/product development, perhaps with a view to revitalising the brand. Perhaps she feels like taking a bit of a back seat as she gets a bit older (so he could be Prince Charles to her Queen, lol).

I tested at the BB the 2 Tova variations that I previously hadn't tried: Tova Autumn & Ambre d'oro. All her others smell good on me, not a hint of flyspray. I do like ambre scents but, at the back of my mind didn't think these would be nice, so I'll keep an eye on ebay for them. It's true what she says about Signature, it doesn't give me a migraine, however I don't really want to wear the same scent everyday and it'd take ages to get through a 100ml bottle of anything!

The ones I'm less keen on are BMS and Love Everlasting and I sold a Tova.Calm for crazy money on ebay so I can't understand why they don't bring that back. I have Signature and Nights in their original formulation and they smell "truer" than the later bottles but once they've gone I won't pay 80+ quid for one, the recent bottles have the same longevity as the old ones on my skin. They are indeed the only perfumes I've ever been complimented on by complete strangers; though I haven't had marriage proposals or conceived a child as a result; so results may vary!

I bought a Tova perfume not long after I joined Q. I think it must have been the original signature one. I hated it with a passion, I didn`t send it back but if I recall, I took it into work and left it in the staff room. Usually anything left in the staff room disappeared within hours but I think the Tova was still there when I left the job 13 years later !
Ok ok maybe I exaggerated, perhaps it wasn`t quite 13 years ...... : )

I bought a Tova perfume not long after I joined Q. I think it must have been the original signature one. I hated it with a passion, I didn`t send it back but if I recall, I took it into work and left it in the staff room. Usually anything left in the staff room disappeared within hours but I think the Tova was still there when I left the job 13 years later !
Ok ok maybe I exaggerated, perhaps it wasn`t quite 13 years ...... : )

i cant stop laughing at this post very funny

tova tsv

I'm thinking this is a strange choice for a tsv. Whatever they tell you about a perfume you are still pretty much in the dark when you order, other than knowing if it's floral or woody or whatever. And if you like one family of scent it doesn't mean you'll like the others. Also, regular fans were complaining not so long ago that the scents were not what they used to be and there was speculation that qvc had bought tova out and made some changes. The reviews aren't all bad but we know they are not necessarily comprehensive. Tova has some very nice products and brings some old fashioned glamour to qvc but I just think they should have made a different choice for the tsv.

By the by, what happened to her skincare range? The cactine mask that worked wonders?

I agree its a strange TSV , I would expect this kind of TSV to be on before Xmas or on the run up to Mother's day , to have it at the end of January when most of the High street shops have had fragrance sets massively reduced seems poor timing. As for Tova having a skincare range the mind boggles, was there "face lift in a jar moisturiser" and a "Botox cleanser" lol

Never tried her skincare but I used to like her make up. I remember that she did a really nice bronzer, very subtle which I used to the bottom of the pan. I agree about the TSV though, I was only thinking to myself, just who would want to buy it - there must be a high return rate on fragrance type TSV's I should imagine.

When QVC bought the Tova brand many years back they discontinued everything but the perfumes.

There used to be the hair care and the makeup as well as the skincare long gone.

I liked her mascara as did not irritate my eyes, but was often out of stock for months.

someone put up a post regarding the miller harris perfumes that are done specially for m&s. all half price. I bought the whole range all four. classic and unique and well crafted. alos bought the reed diffusers a candle in le fleur. I am quite keen on the mens range to. so will be snapping them up.

thanks for the tip.....whoever you are

I`ve never been tempted as my daughter returned one (sorry don`t know which) a few years back saying it was like `an old lady`s cologne ` sounds like you either love it or hate it !

When QVC bought the Tova brand many years back they discontinued everything but the perfumes.

There used to be the hair care and the makeup as well as the skincare long gone.

But didn't Tova buy the brand back? I remember her telling that some time ago on a QVC show.

Latest posts

Back