Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went to my local post office last Monday and the queue was halfway down the street, I ended up getting the stamps I wanted in the nearby supermarket instead, then I couldn't even put the cards i wanted to post in the post box as it was too full! I posted some close to my home instead and they have taken 6 day to arrive and that's with first class stamps, god knows how long 2nd class will take

Today I tried to buy some postage stamps and because I wanted to post a small package containing a pressie for my friend's little boy, I went along to the post office. I expected there to be a queue, and sure enough, so I started walking down it, and down it, and down it and when I saw it was actually well into the next street with literally everybody clutching parcels, I thought no, especially since it's pretty dark out there now and it's started to rain..oh dear. I queued up in the local card shop so I could just buy the stamps to put onto the cards but by the time I got to the front he'd run out of stamps! Next stop Co -op thankfully queue was quite small and fast flowing, but all they could offer me is a book of 12 first class for over £9 (sod that)! Thankfully I've got a few days, and I might have to try and arrange to meet my friend and give her the gift, or I can persuade oh to take me up to hers in the car and drop it off 'cause she's right on the outskirts of town. I bought all my xmas shopping on line to avoid all this crap but didn't have the sense to get myself postage prepared before the rush. Seriously though, I reckon it would have been quicker for me to bus up to my friend's with the parcel than it would be to stand in the flaming queue..I've not seen anything like it!

You can buy postage online, at Royal Mail’s website. It’s really easy, talks you through the various sizes of parcels, and the different services. You print a postage label, stick it to your parcel and it’s done. I was really impressed and will definitely use it again.

You can buy postage online, at Royal Mail’s website. It’s really easy, talks you through the various sizes of parcels, and the different services. You print a postage label, stick it to your parcel and it’s done. I was really impressed and will definitely use it again.
Yes I actually saw that but I don't have a working printer at the mo. Main prob is the present for my mate's son but I know we can definitely get it to her before xmas. I'm sure I'll be able to get the stamps by friday..they sell them at my work anyway..but would've like to have got it out of the way today!

I need to sort out my printer.

That said, I ordered some gin themed items from Lakeland. No, they won't be gift-wrapped, but they will arrive for Christmas, and postage was free!

I bought several different gins to try, but I hoped I'd get to deliver in person, and that's still what I will do in the new year. They would cost a fortune to post!!

My OH went to the only PO in her town, and got up early and got there before 9am, only to find a large queue, all clutching parcels (like her).

Then it poured with rain, and she'd left her brolly in the car. She'd intended to do more shopping, but was so wet and fed up she went straight back home.

STAMPS GOING UP A LOT IN JANUARY, ADVICE IS TO STOCKPILE LOTS - - - - BUT MAKE SURE THEY SAY 1ST OR 2ND OR LARGE, NOT THE PRICE.

I have reordered the set that was the Last TSV M.Assam. and duo set of the Retinol ampules as they were both on offer.

My TSV "weapon torches" are still in process after 2 weeks.

They were on AO and supposed to be despatched yesterday.

I rang them yesterday, and was told they now have the stocks, so I should get them "soon". I told her that by the time I get them, it will be too late to post one to someone as a Christmas present, and I almost heard the shrug of her shoulders.

And postage for the probable 3 week delivery cost me £3-95!

BTW there are 2 questions, one about why they were encouraging thieves, and another why they were showing someone how to smash a car window with one. Needless to say, neither was answered.

QUOTE - - - - I was alarmed to see this item being used to smash a car window. Why is this form of vandalism to cars being promoted on QVC? Surely there is enough car crime, smashed glass and other damage to cars and other vehicles, without it being advertised on QVC! Having been a victim of car crime, I didn’t like this at all.

What a shambles.

Last edited:
Today I bought the stamps and sent the parcel. Queue wasn't so bad this morning and as it's a crisp sunny day I decided to wait, and it was about 20 mins but I played a game on my phone whilst I waited so it was bearable. Surprised to be charged over £3 to send a small package so in all spent over £5 to send a few cards and a pressie..but relief..all done now!

My TSV "weapon torches" are still in process after 2 weeks.

They were on AO and supposed to be despatched yesterday.

I rang them yesterday, and was told they now have the stocks, so I should get them "soon". I told her that by the time I get them, it will be too late to post one to someone as a Christmas present, and I almost heard the shrug of her shoulders.

And postage for the probable 3 week delivery cost me £3-95!

BTW there are 2 questions, one about why they were encouraging thieves, and another why they were showing someone how to smash a car window with one. Needless to say, neither was answered.

QUOTE - - - - I was alarmed to see this item being used to smash a car window. Why is this form of vandalism to cars being promoted on QVC? Surely there is enough car crime, smashed glass and other damage to cars and other vehicles, without it being advertised on QVC! Having been a victim of car crime, I didn’t like this at all.

What a shambles.
In the other thread I mentioned the bit about the car window but from a different perspective, as in that breaking your car window would have to be an absolute last resort/emergency as there was no other options available, and not just shown casually as if it would be something anyone would do if they'd left their keys in the ignigiton and locked the door.....But you're right talk about irresponsible lets show how you can break into a vehicle or vandalise one just for sh*ts n' giggles!
The fact you've still not received your goods is disgraceful!

I`ve stopped posting Christmas cards. The cards,envelopes and stamps all end up binned and seeing as it isn`t far off £1 per stamp I`d much rather give the money to something worthwhile. For the past 5 Christmases I`ve done a £20 donation from the Smalls For All wishlist on Amazon. Amazon sends the goods directly to the charity and I can choose what to send and how much I wish to spend. None of my far flung friends or family are at all bothered about not receiving a card and I phone them instead.

I`ve stopped posting Christmas cards. The cards,envelopes and stamps all end up binned and seeing as it isn`t far off £1 per stamp I`d much rather give the money to something worthwhile. For the past 5 Christmases I`ve done a £20 donation from the Smalls For All wishlist on Amazon. Amazon sends the goods directly to the charity and I can choose what to send and how much I wish to spend. None of my far flung friends or family are at all bothered about not receiving a card and I phone them instead.
One of my lovely friends from work used to collect donations from office staff who didn’t want to send cards to each other. She would send a list around to inform who was on the list & split it between a children’s & a animal charity.
I thought it was a brilliant idea.

I’m posting my cards tomorrow although I wrote them in early November. Hopefully the postbox won’t be that full. If it is then I’ll drive around to find an emptier one. 🤞

I’m posting two parcels on Friday, but they’ll be first class tracked and signed for so, with a bit of luck, they will be delivered by the Monday, if not on the Saturday. This is assuming that I’m not still in the queue at the post office over the weekend. 😳

My e
Today I bought the stamps and sent the parcel. Queue wasn't so bad this morning and as it's a crisp sunny day I decided to wait, and it was about 20 mins but I played a game on my phone whilst I waited so it was bearable. Surprised to be charged over £3 to send a small package so in all spent over £5 to send a few cards and a pressie..but relief..all done now!
My elderly neighbour needed some stamps. Luckily he told me about 2 weeks ago and I was able to get the Christmas stamps and the queue was only 5 people. £19 something for 30 2nd class stamps. I paid by credit card and showed him the receipt so he could pay me back

I posted a smallish parcel first class on Thursday 3rd and it didn’t arrive until Saturday 12th.
The same thing happened to me during the first lockdown. The parcel took 10 days to reach the recipient. Since then, I’ve always sent them first class tracked and signed for with next day delivery and, without exception, they’ve arrived the next day. It costs a lot more but I think it’s worth it. You also get compensation if it isn’t delivered on the following day, as well as being covered by insurance. Royal Mail will be hearing from me if the two Christmas parcels aren’t delivered on time. 😉

I reckoned that posting from a main office by the 3rd was early enough without paying a load more .
Cards posted the same day from a country post box arrived the next day.

Our postman arrived literally 10 minutes ago. I was in the hallway as he was pushing mail through the letterbox and then he must have seen my outline through the glass in the door and changed his mind about trying to squash a packet through as well so he decided to knock. I opened the door and he was wearing a head torch plus another torch fastened onto his jacket. Our mail delivery staff have been like pic n mix, our regular postman left delivery to go and work in the sorting office and since then we never seem to get the same post person twice. Anyway thankfully the dog and cat worming pills were in one piece rather than crushed if he`d squashed the packet through the letterbox. Small mercies !

Latest posts

Back