Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve been on the Buckley jewellery site and bought 2 trio sets of bracelets for £12.50 then £3.99 for postage. I like to wear bright coloured bracelets in the summer. I’m parting with my grandmother’s antique engagement and a lovely princess di engagement to my nieces. I never wear them.

Update on the Flippy Fish, it is a big hit. She taps it to make it flip then flinging in the air and jumping from the chair onto it. Not sure how the woman below will like it with the thumping?
As if I didn’t already really badly want a cat (have always loved them), I now want one more than ever just so I can buy it this flippy fish thing you describe. I think I could pass whole days watching that! 😂

I had a delay on something that was due for delivery week commencing 7th December. The updated email said it would be dispatched on 21st. When I rang CS they said I should get it by the 29th 😳 which wouldn‘t be ideal as it was a present.

Hermes delivered it a couple of hours ago 👍 and it was dispatched yesterday so it reached me in record time which makes a change.

The PO has so many temps at Christmas that sending cash in a card is a real risk. Our Postie is lovely, as are all the Posties I know in the local sorting office (though I no longer know them all as the office was merged with a larger one.

Our Postie did tell us a few years ago to watch the local press for the story of the temp who took all the sacks to a remote area, opened the 'interesting' post (handwritten addresses are a dead giveaway), and dumped the rest in a ditch. He did it for a few weeks until a load of complaints had been received of post not arriving. He was, according to the story, shocked that he was expected to walk around with the post and put it through people's letterboxes!
Even the temps are 'security' checked!

Even the temps are 'security' checked!
I am amazed that the temps are security checked perhaps this is quite a recent thing as I know that the international hub at Coventry (may have moved now) was employing illegal immigrants! Heathrow airport, at some point, was employing immigrants, with no right to work, as baggage handlers

I am amazed that the temps are security checked perhaps this is quite a recent thing as I know that the international hub at Coventry (may have moved now) was employing illegal immigrants! Heathrow airport, at some point, was employing immigrants, with no right to work, as baggage handlers
I remember that happening & despaired over the possible security concerns.

My grand daughters 2 kitties are growing more and more naughty by the day. Both still youngsters and both adorable so here`s Christmas Moose and Christmas Moth, both hanging around in a tree, a Christmas tree !
christmas moose.jpg
christmas moth.jpg

Just come on to re-evaluate my giftmate set of bags. Yes ok, I did have to put some of the gifts in sideways, or use a slightly larger bag than I'd have liked but...Sweet Jesus did it make gift wrapping a breeze. The people who were given the gifts in them said "wow" these are neat and said they'd buy them. I'm pleased to say I managed to keep a lot of them for next year as well. I think my moans were a bit hasty. So yes, money well spent. This christmas we visited family and there was a black sack chock full of torn up wrapping paper and strips of tape, and on the side was a neat pile of folded giftmate bags all ready to be used again. Brilliant!

The Cozee Home heated shawl was a hit with OH (among her other presents) but was far too hot when plugged in, so she is using it without plugging it in, even though the house is difficult to heat (cuurently 19 deg with the heat on full all day).

The material is very thick and luxurious, so the heating element is a bit superfluous so far, although the weather is still quite mild.

The Cozee Home heated shawl was a hit with OH (among her other presents) but was far too hot when plugged in, so she is using it without plugging it in, even though the house is difficult to heat (cuurently 19 deg with the heat on full all day).

The material is very thick and luxurious, so the heating element is a bit superfluous so far, although the weather is still quite mild.
It's always good when you have another line of defence against the cold. I have a heated throw and as yet don't need to plug it in. So as we haven't hit the coldest part of Christmas in the south, it is comforting to think you can keep cosy anyway. Great present pick👍

I lived in a cold house and wore a winter coat indoors plus fingerless gloves. I now live in a warm flat that requires virtually no heating but the maintenance charge is £150 a month.

Latest posts

Back