Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm back into knitting again, nothing fancy, just a stripey sweater for me similar to one I saw online and thought, I can do that cheaper. Candycane, I got some machine washable pure wool - enough for a DK sweater for me at Deramores for under £12 - I've just discovered this site. I prefer to use wool.

It’s brilliant you can earn from doing something you love. What do you knit? My thing is socks, must have made over 200 pairs now 😂
I knit, would you believe, dolls clothes. Most of them go to America where there is a massive market. You would be surprised how much people will pay for a doll's jumper, however, they are for collectors mostly. I love making small things as I get fed up half way through people sized items and never finish them.

CC

I'm back into knitting again, nothing fancy, just a stripey sweater for me similar to one I saw online and thought, I can do that cheaper. Candycane, I got some machine washable pure wool - enough for a DK sweater for me at Deramores for under £12 - I've just discovered this site. I prefer to use wool.
I used to buy from Deramores all the time but then they changed the website and I just don't like it anymore. Lovecrafts and Wool Warehouse are my faves and they send you discount codes from time to time. I do like Jamiesons of Shetland as well but boy, they are expensive! Knits up lovely though.

Sorry non wool people for boring you :sleep:

CC

I used to buy from Deramores all the time but then they changed the website and I just don't like it anymore. Lovecrafts and Wool Warehouse are my faves and they send you discount codes from time to time. I do like Jamiesons of Shetland as well but boy, they are expensive! Knits up lovely though.

CC
You're not! If I could knit I'd make Katie Morag's jumper for my granddaughter, we love her & watching the tv series while we have our lunch is lovely.

I knit, would you believe, dolls clothes. Most of them go to America where there is a massive market. You would be surprised how much people will pay for a doll's jumper, however, they are for collectors mostly. I love making small things as I get fed up half way through people sized items and never finish them.

CC

I believe you! There’s a lady I follow on insta who makes dolls clothes. She does make shawls and bigger stuff too! I couldn’t cope with anything that small. I made some knitted hearts for my daughter to take into work this summer, she’s an ITU sister. They were bad enough. But as you say you don’t get bored!

Wow! The girl that plays Katie Morag could be ME as a child. How really weird is that?

CC
How lovely, she's a fabulous actress & it looks as though they had a wonderful time making the series. Our younger daughter loved the books & even though her little girl doesn't understand all the storylines she loves watching it. I also have a thing for Angus Peter Campbell so it's a win win.

CC

I bought from Deramores twice and each time had such terrible service I won’t use them again. I love Wool Warehouse, and they have an excellent selection, and you get great service.

I lose patience with dolls' clothes - far too fiddly for me so if you've found your niche, good luck! I just like something mindless I can go on and on with (but not as mindless as a scarf - just made a hat and scarf set for a Christmas present and it nearly drove me to distraction).

Apologies again to all non-knitters.

Do bobble hats for men have a woolly ball on the top .

r not (I don't know correct terminology)?
I love the Katie Morag stories & watch the TV series with my granddaughter. One of the characters is Neilly Beag, he wears a red bobble hat with a white pompom, & the actor who plays him is Angus Peter Campbell. I think he's lush & as Glen Campbell would say he rocks a bobble hat.

Mr CC wont' wear woolly hats, he has a flat cap and a baseball cap. When he walks our faux whippet he wears the flat cap and when he wants to look like a jakey he wears the baseball one. He fits right in in the village pub 🤠 (no flat caps).

CC

Today I tried to buy some postage stamps and because I wanted to post a small package containing a pressie for my friend's little boy, I went along to the post office. I expected there to be a queue, and sure enough, so I started walking down it, and down it, and down it and when I saw it was actually well into the next street with literally everybody clutching parcels, I thought no, especially since it's pretty dark out there now and it's started to rain..oh dear. I queued up in the local card shop so I could just buy the stamps to put onto the cards but by the time I got to the front he'd run out of stamps! Next stop Co -op thankfully queue was quite small and fast flowing, but all they could offer me is a book of 12 first class for over £9 (sod that)! Thankfully I've got a few days, and I might have to try and arrange to meet my friend and give her the gift, or I can persuade oh to take me up to hers in the car and drop it off 'cause she's right on the outskirts of town. I bought all my xmas shopping on line to avoid all this crap but didn't have the sense to get myself postage prepared before the rush. Seriously though, I reckon it would have been quicker for me to bus up to my friend's with the parcel than it would be to stand in the flaming queue..I've not seen anything like it!

Latest posts

Back