The Alison Young Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Alexis from l'occitane posted a photo on Facebook the other day of the diamonique tsv which is a tennis bracelet item 619845

I have noticed of late that they are adding "although we expect advanced orders to be week commencing Xyz it may be early so be prepared to have the money taken sooner than expected" wonder have they had a lot of problems?

Whilst I agree they could be a week out, and i suppose those who are waiting with bated breath will want it ASAP if the timing is totally out of kilter then it is unfair to people who aren't expecting to part with the cash at that particular time.

Whether it is QVC at fault or the manufacturer getting the orders in earlier the best thing to do is, if you do not have the money to pay for it right now don't order. The date of advanced orders is no longer set in stone. If people do not check it out of their basket then its available straight away. If the maker is going to get a good sale and make money they will rush it to QVC. Its not like the old days of cheque holding, were people paid by cheque and had a think or waiting for their wages to come in before changing payment method or posting the cheque.

So do not chance it with advanced orders, if you don't have the fund readily available let it go.

you are absolutely right D255.This is the first time I've used advanced orders and I wont use it again.I will the accept the ring as I want it and tbh my funds are neither here or there.....I shall just go steady over the coming weeks and accommodate it......I just find it quite "off" of QVC that they state a date when you order it and you order it in good faith with that date in mind.I find it a bit "off" that until I had read this forum,I had no idea that it was shipped and money taken.I find it a bit "off" that if there was a chance that it could have come in early and the date on the order is for the second round of shipping,then why couldnt have QVC waited the 24 hours (in my case) just to withold putting the details up? can you tell I find it all a bit "off" lol

To be really comfortable with placing advance orders you really need to have the funds set aside rather than anticipation of what you funds will be at a later date. When the advance date was set in stone this was not required but now Q can't be trusted with anything so the customer needs to extra careful.

Quite a lot of customers will be pleased that the advanced orders are fulfilled earlier than the original date.

I agree with everything that has been said above. Mine says In Process too - Lets just hope it lives up to our expectations (colour etc) and fits!

In spite of the AY connection I've ordered the gold version, but gone up a size as Claire said she'd gone up 2 sizes to compensate for the width of the band. My hands are small so it might even be too wide to wear comfortably.

I don't like the Z list celeb connection with products; I'd only order anything by Andrea McLean, Lisa Snowdon, Alison Young if I really really liked it. Mostly it puts me off.

I've just put on my silver AY ring which I bought 2 sizes up and is loose in the winter. It fits quite well now as my hands are warmer. I have long fingers and it fills quite a lot of my ring finger

LOL I'm not doing well on this ring am I?! I really wanted rose gold on a TSV price on easy pay......instead I have a full price although introductory priced gold one shipped already despite being on advanced orders.Boy I hope I like it and it fits!!!

LOL I'm not doing well on this ring am I?! I really wanted rose gold on a TSV price on easy pay......instead I have a full price although introductory priced gold one shipped already despite being on advanced orders.Boy I hope I like it and it fits!!!

I think you're going to like it RD!! Mine arrived today and it really is lovely! Wow, it really shines. And the gold colour is just right imo, not too yellowy, just a nice warm colour. I ordered 2 sizes up and it fits a treat. I think it looks less "big" in the gold colour, seems to blend with the finger more and looks very classy. This one is a keeper!

Exactly my thoughts reflexgirl, glad I sized up! I tried it on my right hand, which is where it looks best. On my ring finger on my left hand it doesn't look right. Maybe because I'm used to my wedding and engagement rings on that finger.

Exactly my thoughts reflexgirl, glad I sized up! I tried it on my right hand, which is where it looks best. On my ring finger on my left hand it doesn't look right. Maybe because I'm used to my wedding and engagement rings on that finger.

Yes, I am wearing it on my right hand ring finger too - perfect! Silly I know, but I am wearing it now whilst typing and cant stop looking at it! LOL

Latest posts

Back