Sunday's Acer TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

According to yesterdays Telegraph HP have scrapped the TouchPad tablet.

They've "discontinued operations on webOs" meaning the entire webOS line is dead: tablets, phones and any other things HP had planned. webOS may exist in another form but buy a HP Pre/Touchpad in the expectation of zero manufacturer support. However, at that price its still worth a go but as long as you are aware of its a dead platform. Now lets see if rip-off Britain follows suit with the pricing.

I think Lee is a good guest presenter, and dont see any signs of a wig, i assume the air con brings on his hay fever type symptons but i am no doctor.

I personally would not go for any tablet that has not got 3G, I am a huge HTC fan and have the HTC Flyer and love it and sold my iPad, any tablet without flash to me is pointless.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Graham not everyone needs 3G. In my case i already have an iphone 4 and a monthly talk and data entitlement. With the iPhone i can set up a mobile hotspot and connect my tablet to it when i am away from home.
Could you net do the same with your htc?

Graham not everyone needs 3G. In my case i already have an iphone 4 and a monthly talk and data entitlement. With the iPhone i can set up a mobile hotspot and connect my tablet to it when i am away from home.
Could you net do the same with your htc?

Yes could do but so musch easier and quicker to use the tablet 3G rather than faffing about.

I think Lee is a good guest presenter, and dont see any signs of a wig, i assume the air con brings on his hay fever type symptons but i am no doctor.

I personally would not go for any tablet that has not got 3G, I am a huge HTC fan and have the HTC Flyer and love it and sold my iPad, any tablet without flash to me is pointless.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I used to think that too but I really believe flash is a thing of the past. The about of times I hear of people getting infected through flash banners or videos is going up and up. HTML 5 is where it is it IMHO.

I have an iPad but far from a fanboi. I have a Windows PC.

PJ

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree PJ in fact I'm currently looking at the recent 'tester' of Adobe Edge I believe this will replace adobe Flash, HTML5 is the fay forward IMO.

In the wake of HP's decision to axe the WebOS platform, the price of the HP TouchPad has been falling quicker than Cristiano Ronaldo in the opposition's penalty box.

The $99 offer which has seen hordes of people lapping up the slate Stateside, is about to be replicated in Blighty, with Dixons announcing dramatic price reductions across all stores.

A 16GB HP Touchpad will soon set punters back £89, down from £350, while a 32GB model will cost £115, down from £430. Wow.

The price cuts take effect online from 6pm tonight, while stores begin offering the fondleslab at the new rates from tomorrow morning.

Source. The Register

See, you girlies have it easy - either a frock fits or it doesn't. Technology for 'ver lads' is a more complex beast.

I had an HTC with the android system and found it to be the most cantankerous, un-user friendly system I have ever used where none of the apps work properly, I switched the the Iphone that works everytime [it'll blow up now I've said that].

Acer crops up a lot but then does Liz Earle, Gatineau [just turn to Ideal World for that deja vu to kick in really quickly].

After all that, everyone is right and everyone is wrong. Except me. I am perfect, for me to make a mistake would be unpossible!

I would much rather watch techy and gizmo shows than anything else on QVC.

I've had a peep on Dixons website and I couldn't see anything with a good deal, most probably looking in the wrong place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back