Sunday's Acer TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
I heard JB say they were doing an Acer Tablet and it was something special this Sunday.

Any idea of the model they are selling?
Surely not the one they did a few weeks back?

Has anyone got any ideas>

Anyone else fed up of all things Acer, and the flaming Acer guest....

No, it's better than all the ****** fashion and girlie stuff they've been hocking for the last week!!! :D

I overheard one of the IT boys at work advising someone about buying a laptop and he said "no not Acer, Asus. Don't buy an Acer" but I haven't yet had the chance to ask him why. My laptop is Asus. Not a shocker really as he's my IT boy and he bought it.

I heard JB say they were doing an Acer Tablet and it was something special this Sunday.

Any idea of the model they are selling?
Surely not the one they did a few weeks back?

Has anyone got any ideas>

The TSV is Acer 10" LED Iconia Tablet feat Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual Core Processor/Android 3.0/ 1 GB DDR2 Ram/16GB SSD/Wi Fi/ 2x Web Cam with added value of a case & Docking Stand for approx £349

So it is basically a lower spec model to what they sold last time.
I notice the model they sold previously has been removed and i expect the low feedback ratings it got. Very crafty QVC.
I am in the market for an Android tablet - looks like i might go for the Asus transrmer one that can be a tablet or a netbook once you add the keyboard dock. They retail for £429.
I will look at the Acer but not too keen on anything Acer Make.
Did anyone buy the Acer Tablet before and what are your opinions?

I have an Acer (2 yrs old) and I also got one for my boys (1 yr old) and speaking as I find, they have been really good. Though qvc just seems to flog them to death. How many Acer's can one family have? Not enough in the qvc world obviously :)

I agree, wiggy Lee overload!

He sells Acer, he sells Clickfree - supposedly an expert but i find he talks out of his ar*se! Lol

that's because looking back over your other threads Simon 1966 you have a"thing" about Lee...simply either dont listen to him or switch off

I overheard one of the IT boys at work advising someone about buying a laptop and he said "no not Acer, Asus. Don't buy an Acer" but I haven't yet had the chance to ask him why. My laptop is Asus. Not a shocker really as he's my IT boy and he bought it.

I kind of agree with the work boys. My Asus I'm using has been utterly brilliant in nearly 5 years of use considering I do actually take it places. Difficult to justify going to another brand in my opinion as they are well built. Acer on the other hand seem to be ok if treated right - my brother has one and works well even though it has er, bits dropping off ;-) But put another way, laptops are rapid depreciating products so there is no real need to spend loads. Keyboard and monitor are the key things to be comfortable with.

that's because looking back over your other threads Simon 1966 you have a"thing" about Lee...simply either dont listen to him or switch off

Looby that is a bit difficult when i am only interested in the tech shows!

Wiggy Lee is a terrible guest presenter - my opinion. He is no tech expert whereas LJ Rich knew what she was talking about - now residing with BBC Click, sadly missed.
If you can remember QVC in the early tears they used to have a great guy called Tim Goodwin who really knew his stuff - now residing with Argos TB, selling their tech products.

I am not the only one to complain about various presenter on here and i won't be the last!

Last edited:
I see in the States that HP have reduced the price of their 16gb Wifi TouchPad tablet to $99.

I think I will wait and see if this is reflected this side of the pond or order one via the internet.

Too much Acer IMO.

Agreed, looks like they've become the new Archos with regular shows and an endless stream of "smaller and better" computers.

The thing that annoyed me about the launch show was the lack of hard technical info/spec. Instead there was a great amount of testosterone - they just enthused over the thing like schoolboys with a well-thumbed copy of Playboy magazine.

I've noticed than when a male presenter is on a techie show they are often quite smug and condescending - obviously feel they are experts just because they are men. (PS I'm not "sexist" - worked in a male dominated industry for 35 years so know how men think :mysmilie_845: )

The 'expert' said Acer had just branched out into TV's, we've got an Acer TV (given to us) in our bedroom that's been on it's last legs for 4 years, son won it in his line of work in the spring of 06.

According to yesterdays Telegraph HP have scrapped the TouchPad tablet.

This Acer TSV is £349 in best buy without the free apps but they don't look like the apps i would purchase anyway!
I have just had a play with one in Best Buy and the build quality and feel was really very good and it was very responsive. I have had an ipad 1 and ipad 2 too.
Might buy one but not from QVC.

I've ordered one. I've seen some positive reviews on the net and many of my friends have smart phones with android technology that they rave over. I know I could get it cheaper elsewhere but I want the reassurance that I can return it. Not being a very techie person I like that I can spend time playing with it and see how I get on - I'd rather lose the P&P than several hundred pounds if it's not for me :happy:

Latest posts

Back