Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have never heard of Dew products but have ordered those 60ml size hand sanitisers. I haven't been using the small amount of the alcohol gel one I have left but as we go out and about more I think they will become more useful, and used!

Thanks for the tip!

I'm signing out for a while. I'm really struggling with every aspect of this situation & don't want my posts to be constantly negative. Life can give us all some dark times, however, this crisis has taken away my hope & that's never happened to me before. Look after yourselves & those you love - humans & animals. ❤
Take good care of yourself Twilight and I hope you can regain hope very soon.

Hope to see you back here soon! ❤🧡

I'm signing out for a while. I'm really struggling with every aspect of this situation & don't want my posts to be constantly negative. Life can give us all some dark times, however, this crisis has taken away my hope & that's never happened to me before. Look after yourselves & those you love - humans & animals. ❤
You will be missed. Be kind to yourself x

You have my sympathy about the paint-induced headache.

The small bottles are fab - I've not had any trouble with them nor had bad reports from people I've given them to. I have the air freshener too and absolutely love that as it's a fine mist as I can spray on my partner's face before he puts his mask on as well as using it to refresh fabrics and use as an air "disinfectant" if it's stale (especially in the car).

After I'd sprayed his face he mentioned (after initially freaking out at my excessive germ-phobia again) that his eyes felt a lot better. He'd recently had conjunctivitis in one eye but thought the Dew helped so sprayed some on a cotton pad and used it to clean his eye. We both think it cleared the conjunctivitis quicker than normal (he has a problem tear duct so gets it quite a lot).

I had a swollen gum recently and rang the dentist as it was bleeding. I'd read you can use it as a mouthwash so asked him. He said to dilute it 50/50 with water and was pleased to see I was using it rather than Corsodyl as he knows I have problems with that too. It worked a treat and cleared the problem in a few days where I usually use Corsodyl for a month.

I'll also be keeping it handy for my dog. I'd been using a product called Leucillin on any cuts or wounds (he's a rough and tumble Springer that gets walked in the forestry or up mountains so often comes back like the walking wounded). It's a tenner a bottle and has a very short shelf-life. Well, Dew is exactly the same stuff! I'll be saving a fortune!

I marked the dates on my bottles (and the ones I gave away) with a Sharpie just to make sure it gets used in time Yeah, right! The way I'm going through it? I'll be lucky if I'm not re-ordering in a few weeks.

I still really hope you love it. My partner was downright disbelieving that it works as it really is just like water apart from that lovely faint whiff of bleach you get initially. But I've cleaned some grubby smelly stuff out from his shed (a lunchbox with a month old sarnie left in it amongst other things). It got rid of the awful smell in that in seconds so it definitely works. I've used the Superclean on a grease stain on a t-shirt too. Grease stain gone but no bleaching of the fabric.

Amazing stuff.

Great posts, AE. More about that Spaniel please. How's he doing in lockdown? Where'd you get him?

Take care Twilight. Enjoy your garden and all the positive things and come back soon. I am trying to fight my negativity with reading and have enjoyed reading for hours recently. Sending you my love.
What are you reading Evie? What do you generally like? I usually go through about 3 a week as I don’t sleep well but have read less this month maybe I’m getting too much fresh air in the garden!
i really like Susan Calman and she did a lockdown blogger thing mostly about Scotland and someone recommended The Quaker but I’m finding it hard going, can’t seem to get into it.

You will be missed. Be kind to yourself x
Oh T, you will be missed. I really hope you come on here to 'observe'. I was never a lurker. If you do you'll see all these lovely comments about you & you'll feel so much better, I know. You're having a shitty day.
Don't feel bad, I've had a shitty month & look like a fat arsed old bag which really upsets me (another story), but what I mean by this is that many people are feeling ****,so don't feel bad. Remember "it's ok not to feel ok" (cliche, I know)
About negativity. I love it. There - it's out there. It reduces my guilt. Plus we Brits often do it in funny ways. Dark humour of the wars, etc. Of course, apply nuance here.
If you need a duvet day, have one. Eat chocolate, crisps etc. Have a day off. Do sofa with Mr & cats. Or just the cats. Snuggle. make a tent. Get snacks & supplies & find the great movies on more 4.

Where are those big girl pants you told me about....come on....Miss?

I defy anybody not to smile at this photo and I`ve posted it just because I can lol
98599512_2952403244876966_143807221740863488_n.jpg

Sorry AE I had a beaky re the sprays. Looks Very good stuff. Does it clear smelly sink plug holes? Mine looks clean, but smells often as Mr B uses it as a waste disposal unit (FFS!!!) I clear the smells with a glug of bleach. I test for germs with my nose itms - so if something smells it needs a wash. (sofa cushions,towels, dog) I undertstand how this product works now, but do the smells go? How else do you use it? Sounds great for skin/first aid

Just popping this here for anyone who’s interested. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/product-537839. ❤

How funny! I was just going to say that I have done two orders recently with Creightons (who make the stuff IW are selling in your link). I had not found a single bottle of hand-sanitiser anywhere (just had a tiny half-used bottle from last year) since the panic-buying began but came across Creightons on a random search and they had packs of 6 x 50ml or 80ml quite reasonably priced. I also bought some either bits and bobs as I got a code for 25% off first or next order (think anyone new will get the code). They don’t have a massive range, although I think they’re either expanding or are just selling fewer items at the moment, because there are several products marked “Stock coming soon”.

The first order came within 4 working days - second one was about 2 weeks, just to warn you.

How interesting! I shall have to try that one too, LOL!!!! I see IW have the small sanitisers at a slightly better price but for the pack of 12x100ml only. That is too many for me so I shall get a trial purchase from Creightons. Another company that is new to me. Thanks Andi.

Sorry AE I had a beaky re the sprays. Looks Very good stuff. Does it clear smelly sink plug holes? Mine looks clean, but smells often as Mr B uses it as a waste disposal unit (FFS!!!) I clear the smells with a glug of bleach. I test for germs with my nose itms - so if something smells it needs a wash. (sofa cushions,towels, dog) I undertstand how this product works now, but do the smells go? How else do you use it? Sounds great for skin/first aid

Check your grid SB there could be a porridge residue fat berg in there mixed with other bits sending pong up. I buy the cheapest sink unblocker, usually B&M, and do a maintenance job every 6 weeks, bathroom plug holes too as Dove soap is very soft plus hair. Pour hot water down plug hole then pour unblocker and leave overnight, next morn straight away pour more hot water and good to go.

What are you reading Evie? What do you generally like? I usually go through about 3 a week as I don’t sleep well but have read less this month maybe I’m getting too much fresh air in the garden!
i really like Susan Calman and she did a lockdown blogger thing mostly about Scotland and someone recommended The Quaker but I’m finding it hard going, can’t seem to get into it.
I have deliberately tried to keep it to light reading to make me feel calm and comfortable. Some of my books have been by Sandi Toksvig, I read autobiographies so have recently read Bertie: A life of Edward the Seventh, This is going to hurt by Adam Kay, books by Margaret Foster and The Miss Read books which always make me feel good.

I will definitely try your recommendations, Susan Calman and The Quaker. One thing is for sure though, I will not be buying or wasting my precious time on QVC “ authors “. Not a penny will go towards them. Yes you JR, DF...... let’s be honest how many readers or 5 star reviews would they have had without their captured QVC audience?

How interesting! I shall have to try that one too, LOL!!!! I see IW have the small sanitisers at a slightly better price but for the pack of 12x100ml only. That is too many for me so I shall get a trial purchase from Creightons. Another company that is new to me. Thanks Andi.

I can’t compare the sanitiser gel with others but I thought it might be worth mentioning to anyone who can’t find any. I have to say, it’s not the prettiest smell if that’s what you are after - rather hospital-y, in fact. The smell does go quite quickly, though, and it is definitely better than the stuff I got in M&S last year (impulse buy at the till in those innocent days of not knowing how rare or important it would become). I used that as I was going out yesterday and the plastic bottle must have perished because my fingers went straight through it and shattered it when I squeezed it slightly. It went all over my clothes so I wiped it all off and went out regardless but had to come home after 15 minutes because it absolutely reeked. Really bad.

The other things I have bought from Creightons (hand wash, hand cream, hair conditioner) are lovely so far.

Latest posts

Back