Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have had few problems avoiding people when I do my weekly shop in a fairly small supermarket or out for exercise but I have come to the conclusion that it is up to me to be on the lookout as to the moves of others so I can take evasive action.There was an elderly couple yesterday ( not that I am at nearly 73!) who seemed to be unaware of social distancing, I had to keep swiftly moving away.

We have to keep everything in perspective & people aren't exuding this virus from every pore. I've always thought that I know a large number of people & that they know the same so I'm aware of them as well - does that make sense? Anyhoo, I still only know of one person who has had covid-19, it was in March & she recovered within a week. She had been in Spain with her family & was the only one who was ill despite all of them being together for a fortnight & travelling by air. This virus may be more deadly that recent strains of flu but I haven't heard anyone say that it's more contagious. We have an immune system to protect us from nasties & helping it by maintaining good hygiene should be second nature. I worked in a school for 20 years & never had anything worse than a cold, before that I had worked for the civil service in benefit offices so neither places were sterile & I was alright. When this crisis is finally analysed it will be interesting to see which approach had the best result & it may be that Sweden turns out to have been the most sensible.

If only the dheads who post photos etc of them singing, dancing, making pancakes, wearing their wedding dress to mow the grass would shut the f up I could be quite contented to stay home for another while.
I'd also like 'spike' to disappear, what's happened to increase or rise?

I have had few problems avoiding people when I do my weekly shop in a fairly small supermarket or out for exercise but I have come to the conclusion that it is up to me to be on the lookout as to the moves of others so I can take evasive action.There was an elderly couple yesterday ( not that I am at nearly 73!) who seemed to be unaware of social distancing, I had to keep swiftly moving away.
My sister, never one to be messed with, blocks other shoppers with her trolley if they're not doing what they should be & tells them. She did blow a gasket last week when she was cut up in Tesco by a man on a mobility scooter, complete with oxygen tank & mask... I wish I'd seen it

The husband cut one of his old t-shirts up to make a face covering to see what it would look like and said joking that he’ll wear it to go the bank tomorrow, I not jokingly told him, that if he, a six foot two inch tall man walked in to the bank with a face coving on, the security guards would hit the panic button, he started laughing and said why, I said love, they’d think you’re there to rob the joint..........we didn’t half laugh about it though 😂😂😂😂

Apart from Q overpriced plants, food shopping and an Eek ring to use up a voucher I’ve spent diddly squat in the last 2 months.

A few months ago when I was in holiday mode I had looked at a Kipling Art on wheels on an eBay shop I’ve used before, but thought it was overpriced at £100 with one fairly dull colour at £89, then the price went up so I definitely wasn’t going to pay those sort of prices. Today it was down to £59 so I jumped at it. I may not go on holiday but I’ll be able to walk up and down our landing pulling an empty bag behind me.

Apart from Q overpriced plants, food shopping and an Eek ring to use up a voucher I’ve spent diddly squat in the last 2 months.

A few months ago when I was in holiday mode I had looked at a Kipling Art on wheels on an eBay shop I’ve used before, but thought it was overpriced at £100 with one fairly dull colour at £89, then the price went up so I definitely wasn’t going to pay those sort of prices. Today it was down to £59 so I jumped at it. I may not go on holiday but I’ll be able to walk up and down our landing pulling an empty bag behind me.

It was meant to be!

I have a good supply of masks just in case our Mayor decides to impose them on London Transport but I am not convinced they help much. I reckon they are more use as anti pollution aids rather than this virus which can get anywhere that isnt airtight. Rather than use up my supply of masks I wear a scarf when I go out and pull it up if people come a bit too close.

I went to Waitrose this morning at 8.00 and it was pretty empty and no queue for once at Sainsburys. But I am beyond excited as me neighbour has a click and collect slot at Asda tomorrow and offered to let me share it!!!!!! For bulky and heavy items!!!! Oh. My. Days. I tried all the major supermarkets online last week, just to see what was available in the next few weeks. NOTHING. Except Iceland but they really have quite a limited range and the last order came without the wine as it was sold out. 😡 (P.S. No actual danger of the wine lake running dry though!)

I have a good supply of masks just in case our Mayor decides to impose them on London Transport but I am not convinced they help much. I reckon they are more use as anti pollution aids rather than this virus which can get anywhere that isnt airtight. Rather than use up my supply of masks I wear a scarf when I go out and pull it up if people come a bit too close.

I went to Waitrose this morning at 8.00 and it was pretty empty and no queue for once at Sainsburys. But I am beyond excited as me neighbour has a click and collect slot at Asda tomorrow and offered to let me share it!!!!!! For bulky and heavy items!!!! Oh. My. Days. I tried all the major supermarkets online last week, just to see what was available in the next few weeks. NOTHING. Except Iceland but they really have quite a limited range and the last order came without the wine as it was sold out. 😡 (P.S. No actual danger of the wine lake running dry though!)
What excites us has really changed. When I heard that garden centres would be opening again I was delighted & quite emotional, we live quite close to a wonderful one. My husband said that's how people must have felt when they ate their first banana or orange after the end of WW2.

Amazon Prime Now have now joined with Morrisons in my area and so I could get my shopping delivered if I chose to. However, I’ve managed to get everything I need from my small local supermarket so there’s no point in my ordering my shopping online. In fact, when everyone in the country seemed to be stockpiling, my local store was well stocked. He’s now also selling masks and latex gloves.

Amazon Prime Now have now joined with Morrisons in my area and so I could get my shopping delivered if I chose to. However, I’ve managed to get everything I need from my small local supermarket so there’s no point in my ordering my shopping online. In fact, when everyone in the country seemed to be stockpiling, my local store was well stocked. He’s now also selling masks and latex gloves.
I have only once been able to get gloves and there is no chance of the masks. Feeling well jealous. 😆

No, you need to sing Queen's I Want To Break Free.

There are posts going around on Facebook encouraging people to meet up in different public parks on mass this Saturday. There is one for the Ormeau Park in Belfast! Yes, the morons known as Anti Vaxxers are saying corvid19 is a lie and nurses are told when signing death certificates they must put covid19 on every one! Now as nurses do not fill in or sign the death certificates shows you what a pack of cupid stunts they are.
I despair about humanity sometimes. These are the people who will bring about the extinction of the human race with their willingness to believe rumours, conspiracy theories and idiots who need help with their mental health rather than other idiots feeding into their delusions. Just my opinion, of course.

There is no reasoning with them, because they will hold to their beliefs through thick and thin, in the teeth of overwhelming evidence that they are wrong.

I have only once been able to get gloves and there is no chance of the masks. Feeling well jealous. 😆
I bought two masks form eBay & a home made one from Etsy with both parcels arriving within few days. The Etsy mask is three layers of bamboo material & gets quite warm after a few minutes but it's patterned with bees which I love. I won't add to the plastic destruction of the planet so won't wear gloves & stick to thorough hand washing.

I bought two masks form eBay & a home made one from Etsy with both parcels arriving within few days. The Etsy mask is three layers of bamboo material & gets quite warm after a few minutes but it's patterned with bees which I love. I won't add to the plastic destruction of the planet so won't wear gloves & stick to thorough hand washing.
I bought a box of 100 biodegradable nitrile gloves from Lakeland. I've given a friend 20 of them. I've not used them yet, tbh, as my hands sweat so much.

Like the sound of your Etsy mask... Would you recommend the seller? Is so, do you have a link please?

I wear gloves to go to my mum's. To keep me, her and her carers as safe as I can. I don't want the carers to catch anything from me if possible, nor for them to pass anything onto other vulnerable people they see.

I wear gloves to go to my mum's. To keep me, her and her carers as safe as I can. I don't want the carers to catch anything from me if possible, nor for them to pass anything onto other vulnerable people they see.
You've summed up how we each have to deal with this current crisis - by doing our personal risk assessments. I'm retired & will avoid public transport & going into city centres for the forseeable future. I don't have any vulnerable relatives who could be harmed by my actions & will wear a mask if I know I'm going to be somewhere that can't guarantee the 2 metre rule between people, more for them than for me.

Cartoon Beatles Abbey Rd 97157230_101597125.jpg

You've summed up how we each have to deal with this current crisis - by doing our personal risk assessments. I'm retired & will avoid public transport & going into city centres for the forseeable future. I don't have any vulnerable relatives who could be harmed by my actions & will wear a mask if I know I'm going to be somewhere that can't guarantee the 2 metre rule between people, more for them than for me.
Don't blame you. I am still only going to go out when I need to. It's not much fun, but better than the alternative!

I got some masks shortly after the lockdown and bought a box of 100 latex gloves a fortnight ago. I’ve not worn either, preferring to wash my hands and spray work surfaces if I’ve had a delivery and have put it down while unpacking it. Nor do I wipe down shopping etc. I just pack it away. I do however use a 70% sanitising gel when I get back into the car, before driving home, and wash my hands before and after dealing with the shopping. If I haven’t been out, I just wash my hands the normal amount of times that I did before all this started, unless I get a delivery.

I will only wear a mask if we are instructed to do so but, at the moment, because I don’t use public transport or go into busy shops I don’t need to. The gloves will be used when I’m decorating or doing messy jobs in the garden so they won’t go to waste.

As I live alone, I haven’t got to worry about bringing anything into the house which might endanger them.

Latest posts

Back