Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are rumours of hairdressers still working, salons not open but coming to your home and charging double cash in hand.
Mr CC has ordered hair clippers and apparently I'm supposed to be going to cut his hair! Now, I do remember when he ate the last biscuit and poured himself a larger whisky than me :devilish:. Watch this space 👨‍🦲👨‍🦲👨‍🦲

CC

There are rumours of hairdressers still working, salons not open but coming to your home and charging double cash in hand.
my hairdresser is peripatetic so I hope he doesnt get any ideas about charging double! He hasnt been working. Well he certainly hasnt come to ME! I did text on the 15 th when he was due to come and he said when lockdown is over. Mind you he travels on London Transport so who can blame him. Plus they are constantly telling you not to use LT unless essential to keep the numbers down. Buses arent too bad at all though and they have taped off the driver's area now, they have abandoned fares and you enter by the middle door not the front.I

Ive got Iceland coming today with another bunch of household goods I am not desperate for but thought I had better get some more in! But they dont have a huge inventory and stop you at 2 per item! So say mineral water, for examp!e, they do not have multipacks so you can only buy two individual bottles. I ordered 2 bottles of white but could then buy another brand. My neighbour has an Asda click and collect slot next week (honestly, gold dust round here a big six delivery slot, I cannot tell you how bad it is) so I can also get some heavy stuff from her. Better not ask for loo rolls!!!!!!

Last edited:
I live beside the road that connects the town with the supermarkets to the coastal villages.
I often see a Tesco van heading towards the coast, then five minutes later another Tesco van going in the same direction, and it's not just Tesco it's the other supermarkets too.
I wonder if they have so many deliveries in the same area in the same time frame that they need to send several vans or if there is no joined up thinking and they cannot put all the deliveries for a small town on one van.

In week 2 of lockdown I asked my neighbour if I could get her any shopping when I went to M&S foodhall. This has now snowballed to 4 neighbours and their husbands. Between them there’s cancer, in remission from cancer, kidney disease, diabetes and 90 y/old.
The check-out staff in Marks are so patient, waiting for me to sort & load 5 lots of shopping into the belt, paying for each separately and bagging them separately !

There are several Asda deliveries in my cul de sac so someone is getting the slots. I’m not mad about Asda so was only interested at the very start before we knew all slots were like gold dust.

Click and collect is a non starter here so I’ve just be adjusting the days and shopping bigger but less frequently.

In week 2 of lockdown I asked my neighbour if I could get her any shopping when I went to M&S foodhall. This has now snowballed to 4 neighbours and their husbands. Between them there’s cancer, in remission from cancer, kidney disease, diabetes and 90 y/old.
The check-out staff in Marks are so patient, waiting for me to sort & load 5 lots of shopping into the belt, paying for each separately and bagging them separately !

Yes, I do M&S food hall for a friend who is now in social isolating for a week, but I was doing it since lockdown started. M&S Cumberland pies are a must it seems, oh and a litre bottle of Barcadi 3 times from Sainsbury's and if I was near Boots their own brand cucumber face moisturiser at 3 for £3. :unsure: 🤣 I just go okay.

I see that liquorice extract is being trialled as a cure. I ate a whole bag of liquorice all sorts the other day so I guess I can disobey lockdown rules and go to one of those underground hairdressers?.???
I love liquorice especially the really strong pure sort and Mr L thought he was helping by buying me a bag of LAS but I was never that keen on them and haven’t had any for about 15 years and they were woeful, so sweet and not liquoricey at all but I didn’t have the heart to tell him!

You should be so proud of yourself

I see that liquorice extract is being trialled as a cure. I ate a whole bag of liquorice all sorts the other day so I guess I can disobey lockdown rules and go to one of those underground hairdressers?.???
I love liquorice especially the really strong pure sort and Mr L thought he was helping by buying me a bag of LAS but I was never that keen on them and haven’t had any for about 15 years and they were woeful, so sweet and not liquoricey at all but I didn’t have the heart to tell him!
LAS=the work of Satan

Has anyone noticed when politicians etc are lecturing to us on TV they don’t use the Del Boy pointy finger but they point with their thumbs using a clenched fist . Obviously some PR guru has decided this gets the point across in a manly but non aggressive way.

How long before the Q preachers use this “friendly” gesture?

96513777_2531883730456972_7999827199588827136_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back