Steve & Sarah back at Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, Jess just took ages to bring the details of one citrine ring to screen. Lots of chat about cabochon cuts being fashionable, along with a multitude of comparisons to items from big name jewellers. All of which were set in various colours of gold. No mention of the quality of Gemporia's citrine (heated), or of that used by other jewellers besides pointing out colour and price differences.

Gemporia's ring was, naturally, yellow gold over silver. No wonder it's cheaper.

So, apart from there being no unnecessary buyer hanging around gambling ten to the dozen, it's so far the same as usual.

Speaking of Jess, she has just announced that she will be taking on the 7am to 11am shift, which means she is replacing Amelia. There goes my hope that Rosie would be replacing Amelia....

Jess was doing Queen Conch this morning. Mis-selling some stuff as Queen Conch pearls when they were Queen Conch Shell. Real Queen Conch pearls are rare as hen's teeth and worth a mint. The earrings were under 70 quid. But no she rattled on about these are fabulous "Conch Pearls" then had to back-pedal as only one the earrings was conch the other was a different shell. No research and not a clue about what she was selling. I don't dislike the girl - but that was at best sloppy and at worst bordering on fraudulent.

Jess was doing Queen Conch this morning. Mis-selling some stuff as Queen Conch pearls when they were Queen Conch Shell. Real Queen Conch pearls are rare as hen's teeth and worth a mint. The earrings were under 70 quid. But no she rattled on about these are fabulous "Conch Pearls" then had to back-pedal as only one the earrings was conch the other was a different shell. No research and not a clue about what she was selling. I don't dislike the girl - but that was at best sloppy and at worst bordering on fraudulent.
I can't watch Jess for that long. Nothing against her personally of course, I just find her too loud and her habit of having conversations (real or fake) with the producers via her earpiece that her viewers can't hear is really annoying to me. "Oh I know. Absolutely. Without a doubt." I half expect there to be nobody she's talking to and that she just likes to appear as though they're all agog by how amazing the prices are.

Well, Jess just took ages to bring the details of one citrine ring to screen. Lots of chat about cabochon cuts being fashionable, along with a multitude of comparisons to items from big name jewellers. All of which were set in various colours of gold. No mention of the quality of Gemporia's citrine (heated), or of that used by other jewellers besides pointing out colour and price differences.

Gemporia's ring was, naturally, yellow gold over silver. No wonder it's cheaper.

So, apart from there being no unnecessary buyer hanging around gambling ten to the dozen, it's so far the same as usual.
Oh my I saw that had to switch off unbearable was just as bad if not worse with the amber egg.!!!! Just received my order from Gems and guess what? it's going back! The jade pendant is missing from the necklace the silver earrings are tat the jade ones no better!. I'm now going to wait until Steve has got things under control before I spend anymore money. He must be tearing his hair out with the ruination of no company.

Speaking of Jess, she has just announced that she will be taking on the 7am to 11am shift, which means she is replacing Amelia. There goes my hope that Rosie would be replacing Amelia....
Oh nooooo

I can't watch Jess for that long. Nothing against her personally of course, I just find her too loud and her habit of having conversations (real or fake) with the producers via her earpiece that her viewers can't hear is really annoying to me. "Oh I know. Absolutely. Without a doubt." I half expect there to be nobody she's talking to and that she just likes to appear as though they're all agog by how amazing the prices are.
Don't forget ' the reality is' I used to like her but not so much now.

Oh my I saw that had to switch off unbearable was just as bad if not worse with the amber egg.!!!! Just received my order from Gems and guess what? it's going back! The jade pendant is missing from the necklace the silver earrings are tat the jade ones no better!. I'm now going to wait until Steve has got things under control before I spend anymore money. He must be tearing his hair out with the ruination of no company.
I agree. I am not buying anything else until I see Gemporia in a better place. I hope that happens soon because I have a lovely collection thanks to them. I was watching Toby for a few minutes as he tried to sell a suite and it was all so expensive. Without the secret and non secret sales I doubt I will be able to afford anything anyway. 999 for earrings? Not on my budget.

I have a lovely collection too from the early days including a paraiba tourmaline ring in almost 4 gms 18k and diamond infinity 18k white gold drop earrings, both purchased for under £250! I know we are in different times but it does make me hope the company can get back to its original ethics and customer service.

I think I’ve worked out what went wrong! Too many Secret Sales with “No Management “ in the building!!! If only someone had thought of coming in early. Lessons Learned🤣🤣

And "I've just got to let you know".

If I was Steve, the first changes I'd be making are showing Cheralene, Jess Foley and Hattie the door, and I'd be straight on the phone to Rosie, Ruth and Amelia pleading for them to come back.
Yes wholeheartedly agree with this. I can’t get over replacing Jim, Jeff Rosie Ruth and Nick who have decades worth of experience with the likes of Jess and Hattie. I stopped watching and buying because of them. Yet they don’t seem to be listening to their customers. I wasn’t a huge fan of Amelia but she’s definitely a lot better than Jess.

Yes wholeheartedly agree with this. I can’t get over replacing Jim, Jeff Rosie Ruth and Nick who have decades worth of experience with the likes of Jess and Hattie. I stopped watching and buying because of them. Yet they don’t seem to be listening to their customers. I wasn’t a huge fan of Amelia but she’s definitely a lot better than Jess.
I think this sums up the source of all their problems in the last few years. They stopped listening and responding to their customers. Also, they stopped reading the room. Introducing higher-ticket items at a time when many can't both heat and eat is daft. I know there will always be some appetite for one-of-a-kind items. But I think there are more people wanting to treat themselves to items with a price-point they can both afford and justify.

Have you noticed the amount of Midas jewellery they are bringing forward? I like silver and I like gold, but I hate gold plated silver.
I'm the same. I had one mariner link bracelet from Gemporia. the links inbetween the silver mariner links were gold-plated. The plating started to wear off within a few weeks. That suited me because I preferred plain silver. So I wore it more - and now there is no visible plating at all. But, it put me right off buying their midas.
Straight silver or rhodium-plated silver for me please.

Latest posts

Back