Slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've always thought that there is no such thing as pets and owners... that's a human delusion. From your cat and dog perspective (and bunnies etc) they suddenly have this servant catering to their every need... master and servant more like!

Has anyone successfully washed their plush slanket? If so what detergent and what temperature?

Normal 40 degree wash, normal bio detergent, no probs. It didn't feel quite the same afterwards as it went almost fleecey as the fibres came closer together (rather than being separate and plush, if that makes sense?) But still, much better than a slanket with several tea stains on it! ;)

Has anyone successfully washed their plush slanket? If so what detergent and what temperature?

Yes I have. It came out exactly the same. I think I washed at 30 or 40 degrees and just the usual stuff I use. No problem at all.

Wash mine on 30 degrees and use colour detergent and add fabric conditioner. Have had mine several years and it is still as good as new.

I shudder when I see the demos. I'm so clumsy that I know I would get up out of the armchair, trip over the hem, fall and hit the stone fire surround, killing myself in the process. S@d the cat he can make do with my (short) dressing gown !

I shudder when I see the demos. I'm so clumsy that I know I would get up out of the armchair, trip over the hem, fall and hit the stone fire surround, killing myself in the process. S@d the cat he can make do with my (short) dressing gown !

I would be the same.

I would be the same.

I had to put mine away as I had a few near misses, I expect it's me being clumsy, they seem much too long and I have no idea why it was made to wear front to back. :thinking:

Like many posts, it's an accident waiting to happen, in my case. It would drown me, in all areas, so I have never bought one. I'm sure those who have one, benefit from it. Whilst I do like to feel warm in this weather, my entire body being covered, would be a case of overkill.

Like many posts, it's an accident waiting to happen, in my case. It would drown me, in all areas, so I have never bought one. I'm sure those who have one, benefit from it. Whilst I do like to feel warm in this weather, my entire body being covered, would be a case of overkill.

Agree! Whilst some rave about them, I see them as hideous and nobody I know has one either! Give me soft cosy dressing gown, lol! :mysmilie_7:

I don't use my slanket very often as I tend to lounge about in a cosy dressing gown, but the slanket was worth it's weight in gold when we had a power cut that lasted several days one winter - me, hubby and cats fought over it!

Latest posts

Back