Slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh yes, the Jack Russell pest thingy loves a blanket and cushion. His cushion, never used. The new nice cushions, covered in dog hair. New throw or blanket comes out - dog ones discarded and the new ones made into a lovely dog nest. I mean how do they know it's new? He's there now. Lying on his slanket with the fire on (even though it's not cold) and his yankee candle (stale cabbage and bone scent) burning nicely by his side. You can see how it goes in our house.

CC

That's a great idea - doggy and pussie slankets - owners spend a fortune on their beloved pets, I don't know why it hasn't been marketed a long time ago. Maybe you should contact them asking the to do pet slankets - although if the pets think you've bought it specially for them they probably won't use it.
Whenever I buy my cats a new bed they don't like it, but they always love the free ones :mysmilie_48:

I think the perfect way to get a dog (or cat) using their own slankets etc, is to take them away and use them yourself. Once it's seen as desirable and coveted by others it's more valuable to them.

Oh yes, the Jack Russell pest thingy loves a blanket and cushion. His cushion, never used. The new nice cushions, covered in dog hair. New throw or blanket comes out - dog ones discarded and the new ones made into a lovely dog nest. I mean how do they know it's new? He's there now. Lying on his slanket with the fire on (even though it's not cold) and his yankee candle (stale cabbage and bone scent) burning nicely by his side. You can see how it goes in our house.

CC

I think it might be explained by this:
A human has about 5 million scent glands whereas dogs have 125 million to 300 million (depending on breed)
You're not safe if you're a cat owner either:
humans have about 5 million scent receptors compared to 200 million scent receptors in cats

We're doomed!!!

That will be why all 4 of my cats insist on sleeping on the bed too, although the 2 older cats don't seem to get a look in now as the younger ones have pushed them off!
Maybe I should get my husband to spend a few nights on each of the cat beds - ha ha:mysmilie_515:

I love my slankets, I bring them out as soon as the weather turns cool. The Q brought out the plush one with the feet pouch and the "hand pouch" only once.
I bought the reversible one which I only use when my plush one is in the wash as it is not as soft as my plush one :)

I hope they have the leopard one again. I'm not an animal-print fan normally but leopardskin just seems to be perfect for a slanket. We gave loads as presents a couple of years ago and now everyone except us is toasty and snuggly, so it's my time now. I'm a fleece person, too - to wear, to sleep in - gorgeous.

I hope they have the leopard one again. I'm not an animal-print fan normally but leopardskin just seems to be perfect for a slanket. We gave loads as presents a couple of years ago and now everyone except us is toasty and snuggly, so it's my time now. I'm a fleece person, too - to wear, to sleep in - gorgeous.

I think slankets are a brilliant present idea! If you have a partner who works shifts and it's a bit chilly without them at night, if you are just a naturally chilly person and your partner isn't... if you don't have a partner too. With the rising cost of gas and electric, it's getting pricier to heat up the house. I find them brilliant when I go to other people's houses to stay and I find it a little chilly compared to home. I also sometimes work from home, and when you're sitting, even in a heated room, you start to feel a bit cold - so this helps you not to (and you can type on the computer, take phonecalls or whatever) - obviously if you are doing something more active, it's not practical to use a slanket. That's where your fleece tops etc come in handy!

A couple of years ago they had a snow leopard, a standard leopard and a zebra one - I had homes for all three. I've got them for other people since. Always gratefully received as they are so practical but a little bit of luxury at the same time.

My dad bought my mum a faux slanket (ie not a branded slanket) in royal blue. It was hideous both in look and feel! She's never forgiven him ;)
I was then given a fuchsia pink posh slanket with foot pockets and all the rest. I have to admit it matched my sitting room and felt lovely. But I hated the static and it made me feel iller than I am. Hated it! I packed it back up and sold at profit on eBay :)
Then I put the money towards a new dressing gown from long tall Sally! They are fleece but don't affect me and I live and die in them..
In general I am anti-fleece. The static, the polyester, the way my beautiful boy's downy hair sticks to it) he's a short-haired silver cat but has an undercoat which feels like silk but acts like GLUE!). He does think my dressing gown is his personal blanket! But he has his own fleeces - one on my double bed (which he actually now stays on!) and one in the airing cupboard!
I tried cozee home bedding bc everyone raved about it but again it's awful to me. My hair went crazy!!

Everyone that scoffs at the slanket changes their mind when they actually get one. I love them and no doubt will buy yet another.

CC

Yes, they are having the Leopard (and the Pink Leopard) this time again!

Everyone that scoffs at the slanket changes their mind when they actually get one. I love them and no doubt will buy yet another.

CC

I scoffed, was "gifted one" (see above) and was proven correct in my scoffing ;)
I must admit, though I love watching the chap who "invented" them on air because he, as anyone using one, looks ridiculous. He does, however, look very cosy indeed so if you enjoy yours, knock yourself out! You'll no doubt be warmer than I will ever be!

i want the check slanket. i have the pink with white spots, leopard, an original green, a lilac travel slanket that my grandaughter uses. this comes with a travel bag but the check looks lovely a must have.

I bought a pink and white one for a friend and a purple one for her OH and they just use whatever is on top of the pile. He actually suits the pink spotty one and he's the sort of guy I thought wouldn't be seen dead in it. But I still want my leopard print so I'll be ordering asap.

DON'T TELL MY DOG - HE'S GOT MY PIN NUMBER. Well my dog has two leopard slankets which he stole off me. One's going in the bin as it is beyond washing. So my nice plaid one that was definitely "NO DOGS" now needs a regular vacuum. I put it on - his manky slanket at the other end of the sofa for him - then he just sneaks in, scrabbles it all into a nest, leaving me ONE CORNER, and then looks at me as if to say "ha ha ha, I get my own way AGAIN". So, if there's another slanket I'll be getting it and probably getting a sofa on stilts where that dog can't get up. Why doesn't the slanket chappie bring matching dog blankets - problem might be solved as I'm not sure the dog wants sleeves, foot pockets or remote control holders. :mysmilie_1: Yes, that's him, that Jack Russelly pest thing that eats, smells and steals slankets. Blahhhhh

CC

That's really funny as my jack russell loves his slanket haha, he loved it so much that I cut it up and made a bed for him from it. Oh Yeah!!!! He even has a feather pillow inside it to make him extra cozy.

My labrador is the opposite. She has one of those dog beds which resembles a huge big pillow and even though the cover is removable so it can be washed, I always think the fabric doesn`t feel warm or cosy so I cover her bed with an old checked woolly travel blanket. Everytime she goes to bed she paws the travel blanket onto the floor and then flops down onto her bed. There`s no pleasing some dogs is there lol ?

These are the colours that will be available: Purple, Blue/Red Plaid, Cerise Pink, Navy with white polka dot, Leopard, Pink Leopard, Chocolate and Green.

Hope that helps.

That green will so be mine! :)

It's available to buy now (two colours not added yet as I type this):

http://www.qvcuk.com/The-Slanket-Indulgent-Wearable-Blanket-with-Handy-Pockets.product.804247.html

Item no:804247
The Slanket Indulgent Wearable Blanket with Handy Pockets

QVC Price: £25.00
Feature Price :
£19.92
P&P: £4.95

Description
This indulgent wearable blanket features slot pockets as well as foot pockets and a fleece fabric to provide extra warmth during the colder weather. Snuggle down in front of the TV or laptop and let the Slanket keep you warm and cosy.

100% polyester
Machine washable at 30C

Measurements:
Slanket (l x w): 208cm x 150cm (82" x 59")
Sleeve length: 66cm (26")
Foot pocket (l x w): 64cm x 38cm (25" x 15")

All measurements are approximate

Last edited:
If there's a green one then that might be me. Dog's got 2 leopard and I've got the plaid (with white hairs for decoration). Why would you need pockets for hands? The whole point was that your hands were free for gaming, knitting, reading, crafting, remote controlling etc. PET BLANKET PLEASE, far more useful.

CC

Latest posts

Back