Slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anso

Registered Shopper
Just wanted to let those of you who are interested know that the Slanket will be back on the 24th of September.

I might be tempted by another slanket, all for myself this time. And I can safely say 9 out of 10 cats love them. Or maybe 10 out of 10.

I bought one for my mother last Xmas and it is so soft and snuggly and yes, her 2 cats love it too ����

This year I`m buying one for my hubby whether he likes it or not. I suggested getting him one last year which was met with a snort of derision from him and a comment along the lines of him not yet being in his dotage. But last year he almost toasted me alive, he feels the cold far more than I do, fair enough mainly because he is on blood thinning drugs but being too hot ( me ) is just as uncomfortable as being too cold ( him ) and with a slanket we might be able to compromise on when and for how long he puts the heating on.
I wonder if I could find a slanket with his favourite rugby team emblem on it, now there`s an idea.

Despite the fact that, a long time ago, I posted to say that I thought that they looked ridiculous I bought one last year ............ (it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind :wink: ) but ............... it's still in its bag. I did get it just incase the heating ever broke down, but luckily it hasn't done ........... so far.

Just wanted to let those of you who are interested know that the Slanket will be back on the 24th of September.

Love mine, bought loads as presents last year. :mysmilie_14:

I bought 2 when they first appeared years ago, before loads of cheaper ones appeared.

We hardly ever use them, I thought they were a bit dangerous TBH if you get up and forget your feet are wrapped up and try walking!

I don't even know where they are now.

We got one. Had hardly used it before heading off on hol, leaving a great friend house (cat) sitting.

No idea what happened, but she used, spilled? and washed our poor slanket. And it was wrecked.

Too hot a wash, possibly, but it became manky and horrible, lost all its softness and snuggleability.

I bought 2 when they first appeared years ago, before loads of cheaper ones appeared.

We hardly ever use them, I thought they were a bit dangerous TBH if you get up and forget your feet are wrapped up and try walking!

I don't even know where they are now.
I have found that the cheaper ones are not as nice. I don't use the foot things because I am up and down like a yo yo.

I will be getting it out shortly and it hangs around on the sofa. Sometimes I sleep with it. I like it because it is so light.

i will give away the first slannket to make room for a newer softer slanket. every year they get better and better and the price stays the same. i must get the check one

I like something to keep me warm that I don't have to take off every time I get up. I've some gorgeous snugly wugly (did I just say wugly?) dressing gowns made of fleece, I love everything fleece me though, it's my favourite material.

I like something to keep me warm that I don't have to take off every time I get up. I've some gorgeous snugly wugly (did I just say wugly?) dressing gowns made of fleece, I love everything fleece me though, it's my favourite material.

:mysmilie_15: love it ...wugly lol

Me too! I think I'm obsessed. I have little fleeces, large fleeces, dressing gowns, and slankets, cozee home bedding, and fleecy slippers. In the winter my central heating is a bit weedy, but I am never cold thanks to my multiple fleece habit. They're perfect because they are so light even though they are so warm. So rather than being pinned to the bed by umpteen heavy blankets, to keep warm, I can continue to wriggle around to my heart's content.

DON'T TELL MY DOG - HE'S GOT MY PIN NUMBER. Well my dog has two leopard slankets which he stole off me. One's going in the bin as it is beyond washing. So my nice plaid one that was definitely "NO DOGS" now needs a regular vacuum. I put it on - his manky slanket at the other end of the sofa for him - then he just sneaks in, scrabbles it all into a nest, leaving me ONE CORNER, and then looks at me as if to say "ha ha ha, I get my own way AGAIN". So, if there's another slanket I'll be getting it and probably getting a sofa on stilts where that dog can't get up. Why doesn't the slanket chappie bring matching dog blankets - problem might be solved as I'm not sure the dog wants sleeves, foot pockets or remote control holders. :mysmilie_1: Yes, that's him, that Jack Russelly pest thing that eats, smells and steals slankets. Blahhhhh

CC

DON'T TELL MY DOG - HE'S GOT MY PIN NUMBER. Well my dog has two leopard slankets which he stole off me. One's going in the bin as it is beyond washing. So my nice plaid one that was definitely "NO DOGS" now needs a regular vacuum. I put it on - his manky slanket at the other end of the sofa for him - then he just sneaks in, scrabbles it all into a nest, leaving me ONE CORNER, and then looks at me as if to say "ha ha ha, I get my own way AGAIN". So, if there's another slanket I'll be getting it and probably getting a sofa on stilts where that dog can't get up. Why doesn't the slanket chappie bring matching dog blankets - problem might be solved as I'm not sure the dog wants sleeves, foot pockets or remote control holders. :mysmilie_1: Yes, that's him, that Jack Russelly pest thing that eats, smells and steals slankets. Blahhhhh

CC

:mysmilie_48: Doggy slanket would still need to be large enough to form a nest though. They could have them in sizes suitable for small, medium and large dogs - and the small would be good for cats (don't tell me they don't have the same sort of thieving habits)... they'd need to be a bit heavier/thicker though, for their paws and claws.

That's a great idea - doggy and pussie slankets - owners spend a fortune on their beloved pets, I don't know why it hasn't been marketed a long time ago. Maybe you should contact them asking the to do pet slankets - although if the pets think you've bought it specially for them they probably won't use it.
Whenever I buy my cats a new bed they don't like it, but they always love the free ones :mysmilie_48:

Latest posts

Back