Sarah Chapman v Liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry if I'm being thick here but I can't see a "Try Me" Kit on QVC when I click on the Sarah Chapman brand. Is it the Discovery Collection although it isn't showing a "Try Me" price?

Sorry if I'm being thick here but I can't see a "Try Me" Kit on QVC when I click on the Sarah Chapman brand. Is it the Discovery Collection although it isn't showing a "Try Me" price?

I think it is the discovery kit that they are talking about BL
3 small sizes to try

Oh I am so going to have to buy this helen, will you report back when you have received your discovery kit please :?

Yes I will, I ordered it last Monday night and it was dispatched on Wednesday so I hope it comes tomorrow or Tuesday. I give it a couple of weeks to see how I get on

The discovery kit seems quite expensive for three small sizes.
Do they last long?

Thats what I thought Marzy, I am not even tempted to try another range as I have enough with my LE and Gatineau and some Elemis and Decleor.

I think you should try and resist temptation too :LOL:

Did you buy the Gatineau TSV?

Thats what I thought Marzy, I am not even tempted to try another range as I have enough with my LE and Gatineau and some Elemis and Decleor.

I think you should try and resist temptation too :LOL:

Did you buy the Gatineau TSV?

Nope,BB.Didn't even look at any of the shows today :1:
Didn't get in till after 3 this morning from my nephew's engagement party,got up at 11am & my dd Donna phoned to ask me to go to Laura Ashley's 30% discount sale with her.Didn't get home till 7pm & then the skating was on, haven't had QVC on all day so haven't been tempted :21:

Feel really tempted to try the Sarah Chapman range. Where's the best place to buy please - QVC or her own website?

Best prices overall seem to be on QVC, particularly for the discovery set. For the rest of the range, when p&p is taken into account, it is pretty even, so may be worth shopping direct on at a SpaceNK if you have one nearby...also QVC have not yet got the full range, so it is worth looking around if you want to use the more potent products...

The discovery kit seems quite expensive for three small sizes.
Do they last long?

Hi there Marzy!
I ordered the discovery set after loads of umming and ahhhing and have been using it for a few days. A little product does go a long way, so I suspect it will last a good while.

the full size cleanser is now available on the sarah chapman website! Hopefully it will be available through qvc soon!!!

I've been excited for this but I'm a little taken aback by the price - £39!!

Why do I always like the expensive stuff?!

I've been excited for this but I'm a little taken aback by the price - £39!!

Why do I always like the expensive stuff?!

Hi Louise!
I know, the price is difficult to swallow...unfortunately, I have become a huge fan now so I am going to try to distract myself from the fact that this is probably the most expensive range I have ever gone for!!!

There is a "try me Price" on the Judith Williams range BL. I have had a look and the Sarah Chapman brand is a Discovery Collection. She ought to make the sizes a bit bigger. Let me know if you decide to try.

I just think of all the money I've wasted on other so-called 'wonder' products over the years (and I've tried them all, believe me). lol I have a lot of stuff still stockpiled in my cupboards, which will just sit there gathering dust now! Maybe it'd be best not to buy this range until everything else has been used up first!

It does seem expensive, but you use such a tiny amount that the products should last for ages. I only need a pea size of cleanser in the mornings and just a little more to get my makeup off in the evenings. A couple of drops of the facial oil will spread over face and neck. Ditto for eye cream (have already bought a second one - can't live without this)!

My skin is evening out and some sun freckles on the side of my cheek are fading out already. It surprised me the other day when I went to put on my foundation and realised I didn't really need it - just a couple of dabs of concealer. I've been on antibiotics now for a week fighting a tooth infection and still my skin has that lovely glow. I look healthy even though I feel like carp! :lolwave:

P.S. I was undecided about buying this range or the Judith Williams one. From reading the comments, it sounds as though the JW products are for dry skin, which I don't have and why I went for this one. I'm glad I did.

I just think of all the money I've wasted on other so-called 'wonder' products over the years (and I've tried them all, believe me). lol I have a lot of stuff still stockpiled in my cupboards, which will just sit there gathering dust now! Maybe it'd be best not to buy this range until everything else has been used up first!

It does seem expensive, but you use such a tiny amount that the products should last for ages. I only need a pea size of cleanser in the mornings and just a little more to get my makeup off in the evenings. A couple of drops of the facial oil will spread over face and neck. Ditto for eye cream (have already bought a second one - can't live without this)!

My skin is evening out and some sun freckles on the side of my cheek are fading out already. It surprised me the other day when I went to put on my foundation and realised I didn't really need it - just a couple of dabs of concealer. I've been on antibiotics now for a week fighting a tooth infection and still my skin has that lovely glow. I look healthy even though I feel like carp! :lolwave:

P.S. I was undecided about buying this range or the Judith Williams one. From reading the comments, it sounds as though the JW products are for dry skin, which I don't have and why I went for this one. I'm glad I did.

I could not agree more. I do agree the price is high and it can be ridiculous how much beauty products are charged at, but I do think this is a range that really works without any of the unpleasant aspects of most brands. I know that some people find camphor does not agree with their skin, but most people find the range to be very gentle yet hugely effective (that has been my experience so far also).

I started this thread aware that the LE products are obviously much more affordable, however, of all the brands on QVC I have found LE to be an effective range. That said, the Sarah Chapman range has surpassed it, and even with the price issue, I feel it is still worth it. I really feel that this range works...I have had acne breakouts appearing and since using this range, the breakouts have halted and spots that are there are looking far better every day.

Also, a lot of products will seem better value as you get more ml for ml, but a lot of products will have unnecessary ingrendients in to bul it out. The extras may or may not be harmful (probably not harmful) but they are likely to be less effective as they are not necessary.

I would love it if the range was half its price, but having tried so many ranges and even homemade products, I now think that if it is affordable it is worth going for....this range, in my opinion, is very different to most products out there. The bottom line is, this range was created by an expert, tested on her clients and works.

I didn't realise that there was camphor in the products in the range. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to give it a miss as it really does terrible things to my skin. Presumably, I could still try the eye cream and find out why so many people are raving about the brand.

Oh, forgot to say, Melusina, sorry you are feeling so yucky right now. I hope you feel much better very soon. Take care. Love, Yolanda xxxxx

Reason I've been desperately avoiding the temptation to try this range - scared if I like my skincare budget will increase dramatically!

My skin is really not bad so perhaps I will just remember this one if in need some time.

Granted the 15ml sizes in the discovery kit look miniscule, but with use twice daily I got almost 4 weeks out of it which I think is extremely good, you need LITERALLY two pumps of each product and I think for a months worth of cleanser, serum and spf daycream the prices are very fair considering the calibre of the range!

I cant wait to receive my overnight facial which seemed to have been on waitlist for eons at QVC but which thankfully has now been dispatched!

My full size cleanser has also been dispatched from Sarahs own site, as I was on their list for one on its launch, granted its is £39 but bearing in mind it is 100mls in size and that the 15ml discovery cleanser lasted a whisper shy of 4 weeks ,and, a toner is not required I think it is extremely good value for money taking into account the results.

Latest posts

Back