Reviews - salt needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL just started reading the Bic for her reviews on amazon.

OMG. These are hilarious. Have emailed link to friends as well. Loved the "peed on the stick but no result" one. And the reference to Amazon's tax issue - can you imagine Q letting anything similar through their system!!!??? Far too po faced.

Brilliant Scout!
I am starting to wonder what the heck would happen if Q allowed their reviews to be a free for all....

This is a real bugbear of mine too. The evil side of me secretly hopes they never receive theirs or it's mangled in the mail just to teach them a lesson; but maybe for TSVs the website shouldn't have a review button for at least 48 hours (I'm being generous about delivery time because TSVs often arrive quickly).
I'd also like to see a facility that verifies that the reviewer purchased that very item. I swear there's a woman who leaves a 5* review on every Liz Earle item! I appreciate it's a finite range of products and she's probably tried every one but surely they haven't bought every single permutation ever offered?

I think we used to have some liz earle lovers on here , it was probably one of them :Wink:

I had no idea there were rules published for reviews. I have left two very negative reviews in recent months and both were published. The one was for the light shade of Benefits complexion box kit. It's actually almost full of bad reviews lol Some are quite blunt to say the least :)

QVC are not alone in having more stringent rules about reviews but ultimately I think this works against them. I have had reviews rejected by QVC and House of Fraser, as I referenced price which is a very important factor for me when deciding to buy. As a result, I now rarely bother to leave a review,

As some of you know, I work in e-commerce, and I can tell you categorically that poor reviews can actually help increas sales of an item! Yes, I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but if an item has a poor review that explains specific reasons why that product was not suitable for that specific customer, it will actually help sales of the item as it provides guidance to other customers. For example, a review saying "I'm rating this 2 stars because I didn't like the colour" adds credibility to the overall review process. Clearly, reviews saying an item didn't work, broke etc won't.

amazon review system is far superior to qvc because you can literally write what you think and go back to it several months later to update a product review. I bought a tv that was riddled with problems and it helped me get a refund as this sony tv was a lemon.

With well over 600 reviews for a box of pink pens- that's a lot of attention drawn to the product, I bet loads of people bought them. Plus they were on the whole week of lightning deals last christmas so think of all those sales! Lets face it they are pens. They write. The quality is ok so in this case having such hilarious, clever reviews about the CONCEPT rather than the product is genuis. Amazon must have confidence in their products, prices and customer service to get away with such a bold approach to reviews!

I wish reviewers would be more specific when the comment on sizing: saying "the fit was all wrong" isn't as helpful as saying I'm a high street 16 and this garment drowned me, but the sleeves were too short even though I'm only 5'4"

Some fashion sites allow the reviewer to tick boxes regarding fit.

I agree about some negative reviews helping me to buy: particularly QVC colour descriptions which are misleading so a colour called "cherry" might be more of a tomato red and for some buyers this might help them decide to buy.

If you're consistently getting low score reviews rejected consider leaving a very brief message such as "poor quality fabric" to get your low score registered.

Another example of how the review system on Qvc is a total waste of time. Someone has wrote a review for the last Yankee candle TSV, Taste of the tropics, in the review they mention Christmas special value , yet the tsv was January and Christmas eve candle not burning right , yet it didn't even have that fragrance in it lol. Clearly the person hadn't even bought the set.

Heres the review ....

"I brought the Christmas Special Value candles and only the christmas eve candle didi not burn correct.
I brought these on advance orders not sure if to cancel the others as the candles are not burning right, i have them in the right holders but not very good.
So disapointed."

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-...c=702790-DRIL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-702790

I have read the guidelines for writing a review and, despite attempting to adhere to them, have had a couple declined even when I have not criticised the item, or said anything defamatory. So God knows what criteria they actually use for accepting it.

I read the marks and spencer reviews. Well you get the full A-Z on what people really think of clothes. I loved it great fit etc. Then same jumper, too short in the body, saggy shoulders, will never buy again.

Reviews are mostly useless in my opinion especially for clothes, perfume and skin care as everybody is different. Body shape varies frome person to person as does skin type etc. The only true way of telling if a product is right for you is to try it on first or buy it and take a chance on it being right for you.

I have never had a review turned down even when I said they had been less than truthful but I`m skeptic because when you get a scathing one up pops one underneath that refutes it in glowing terms...always not just from time to time.

I wish the QVC (and other clothing sites) would ask the reviewer to state their usual dress size; so often the blurb says along the lines of: "I ordered a medium and it fits perfectly" but if they said they're a size 14 or whatever it'd have some value. The asda George reviews have their usual size listed (and other sites too). I read a qvc one yesterday that said "the measurements in the description were wrong" but then didn't say how much bigger or smaller her garment was, so not helpful at all.

What saddens me is that these buyers then comment on the cost of returning the item, when I would ask for prepaid label if the measurements were way out!

Latest posts

Back