Returning items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LilacTree

Registered Shopper
Someone posted on here a while ago about returning items to Q under the Distance Selling Regulations.I wanted to return something that wasn't faulty but that didn't meet my expectations colour wise. After reading the DSR post, I phoned Q up to ask them what to do to return under DSR. The person who took my call couldn't have been more helpful. She said to just make a note in the returns slip that you enclose with your return, and that would be good enough. I said that I hoped this would be noticed by the person who opened my returned item, as under the DSR, I can get my p&p refunded. The customer services lady said that as I was concerned, she would make a note of it on my record also.

Two days after I took my parcel to the Post Office, I received a call from Q saying that my refund had been processed (including the £5.99 p&p) and would be credited to my bank account the next day.

It was completely hassle free, and although under DSR I had to pay for the item to be returned (as you normally would unless faulty) I was pleased that I recouped my £5.99 original p&p. Would recommend this to anyone as we all have a gripe about the sometimes extortionate p&p charges...made it feel like a small victory somehow! :clapping:

p.s sorry I can't recall the OP details...I did thank them for their post at the time tho.

I have returned under DSR also - but I ALWAYS have to chase my P&P :sad:

I must admit that I thought i'd have a battle on my hands rainbowdottie so perhaps that's why it came as such a nice surprise when it all went smoothly.

Shame it can't be like this for everyone.

i only wish i'd known about this. when i think of the carp i've kept because by the time i'd taken away double postage i'd have about £2.50 left...........

bear in mind some items are excluded like make up if you have opened it,then you would have to use the MBG

Could this topic be made sticky so everyone is aware? I think it's really important and not enough QVC shoppers know about it as they keep it so quiet!

Could this topic be made sticky so everyone is aware? I think it's really important and not enough QVC shoppers know about it as they keep it so quiet!

Stratobuddy posted on 4 Jan 2012 (page 20) a thread entitled 'everything you ever needed to know...' which gave a link to the Martin Lewis website. This site gave me all the info I needed to return an item under DSR. As mentioned earlier, not everything is covered but I should imagine the vast majority of products Q sells would be.

Sorry I can't copy and paste anything here, i'm still a bit of a dunce with my ipad...

Latest posts

Back