Recent Bose Tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

popcorn

Registered Shopper
Has anyone had theirs delivered as my friend is waiting for hers and according to the info it has not even been shipped yet such slow service so much for the 3-5 day delivery they are always boasting about on TV

Just rang QVC and they say its the normal 3-5 working days delivery so 3 days today and still not shipped

I've had my Bose a while now. Whilst I can't argue about the quality of the sound, there is a lack of functionality on Bose machines.
The remote is basic. Very basic. You can't skip forward or back through a track, you can't program it to play selected tracks, or random or indeed a lot of the features you'd find on machines a third of the price. Bose assumes that once you put a cd in you want to play it from start to end.
There also something incredibly ugly about the fat cabling at the back; okay, you can't see this, but due to the cabling you cannot push the unit back against a wall or shelf back. Of course this is true of other machines, but with Bose you need a good three inch clearance. The cabling between the cd player and DAB is also thick and fat.
If ou didn't know this was a premium price, you'd think they'd produced it in Russia or eastern Europe and used up cabling from the Eighties. Actually, the same can be said of the remote...and the cd features...erm...is it produced here????

I was going to get one but got a VitaAudio R4 instead. Looks good, sounds great, DAB and ipod dock built in so no external boxes needed, in a substantial wood cabinet (not thin plastic) and costs less than the Bose.

Lots of pictures on this link of the shiny white one (and a video review), also available in black and walnut- -

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Vita-Audio-R4_Peripheral_review

Last edited:
BTW I've never actually heard the Bose but I've read 100's of reviews, which vary tremendously from "great" to "rubbish and vastly overpriced". There are many reports of the CD drive becoming faulty quite quickly.

I would be very interested to know what you and your friend think of it when it arrives, and also from anyone else who already has one.

i have a bose and its o.k. it was always my wish to own one back in the day when we had those huge towers that took up as much room as an armchair. i have always bought sony,aiwa,pioneer all produce good sound so was a bit disapointed when i got it. its o.k but to add further insult to injury my dd has a klipisch (sp) that sounds just as good so ...also stereos are tiny now so my lusting after a bose is a big let down but hey ho!

My friend rang today and the Date she has been quoted is by Thursday 12 January 2012 so this will be a minimum of 10 days from order date if it is delivered by then so much for their 3 to 5 days for delivery

Latest posts

Back