Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lisa has just been selling hair care products and mentioned a couple of times how she had her head shaved for charity, well I hope she reads this because Lisa you did not have your head shaved at all, you just had a shorter hair cut and now you're having a longer wig made. Try sticking to the truth if you can

Lisa has just been selling hair care products and mentioned a couple of times how she had her head shaved for charity, well I hope she reads this because Lisa you did not have your head shaved at all, you just had a shorter hair cut and now you're having a longer wig made. Try sticking to the truth if you can

She's just selling some no name Shampoo and Conditioner. You may or may not be surprised to learn that she's already bought it for her daughter.

Now she's selling some no name Nail Polishes, again you probably won't be shocked to be advised that she has also already bought them for her daughter.

But surprisingly I haven't heard her say that Mam Brash has bought any of the products tonight, she must have spent up on the Skin Pharmacy she bought Lisa for Christmas.

I'm just wondering whether the new bosses have got to work yet as nothing seems to have changed, I guess it's very early days though.

Then again I doubt Dirty Peter is capable of changing.

I was literally thinking this earlier, ''what has changed''

I was literally thinking this earlier, ''what has changed''

In fairness it is early days. I have noticed though that there is no mention of the takeover (if that's what it is) either on the Aurelius or Tnui Capital websites. It hasn't been reported elsewhere either other than a website referring to the Sunday Times article.

Maybe it's because the story broke over Christmas?

Exactly, and she was cutting it anyway for her birthday.
It was a 'fan' that suggested she do it for charity.

Exactly, and she was cutting it anyway for her birthday.
It was a 'fan' that suggested she do it for charity.

I suppose any donations to a charity are always welcome so she should be applauded for that but I have to admit I have never heard of anyone having a trendy haircut by a Vidal Sassoon trained hairdresser for charity, especially a non celebrity.

She was talking about her 'Reality Show' again last night. I'm thinking about starting our own Reality Show, it will be along the lines of GoggleBox but we'll only be watching Bid and Price Drop.

The working title is BolloxBox.

I suppose any donations to a charity are always welcome so she should be applauded for that but I have to admit I have never heard of anyone having a trendy haircut by a Vidal Sassoon trained hairdresser for charity, especially a non celebrity.

She was talking about her 'Reality Show' again last night. I'm thinking about starting our own Reality Show, it will be along the lines of GoggleBox but we'll only be watching Bid and Price Drop.

:mysmilie_13:

I'm loving this idea, let's make it happen
If a self centred egomaniac non celebrity like Lisa can do it then so can we but I'm not having my head shaved though, even if it is by Vidal Sassoon!

I'm loving this idea, let's make it happen
If a self centred egomaniac non celebrity like Lisa can do it then so can we but I'm not having my head shaved though, even if it is by Vidal Sassoon!

Did you read the article in the Shields Gazette? Parts of the article did read a little bit like an advertising feature for the hairdresser.

It gave the name of the hairdresser, the name of the salon, the location of the salon, that the hairdresser was trained at Vidal Sassoon, that she designed her own range of hair products, then again I suppose that's often how these charity things work.

But I thought Lisa was perhaps slightly over egging the gravity of the situation when she said 'it was a huge decision for me to make' and 'coming into the salon I was a bag of nerves'. And the hairdresser said 'when Lisa first came into the salon and told us what she had in mind I was shocked'.

It's great she raised some money which is fantastic but she hardly sailed single handedly around the world did she, she had a trendy haircut. And very nice it looks too!

Mind you, at least she did something. There's still no public mention of Peter Simon's figurine auction!

I posted that press release here last year and wondered if the deal had gone through as there was no formal announcement and press coverage subsequently.
Odd that the latest developments got just that one mention in the Sunday Times and nothing on the net.

I remember you posting details of that aqua. I presumed the Sunday Times article referred to a new development, particularly when a poster in this thread mentioned how happy the staff were at Bid with the change.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?44429-New-Owner-at-Sit-Up-after-record-losses

In fairness it is early days. I have noticed though that there is no mention of the takeover (if that's what it is) either on the Aurelius or Tnui Capital websites. It hasn't been reported elsewhere either other than a website referring to the Sunday Times article.

Maybe it's because the story broke over Christmas?

I can imagine they came in, looked at the books thought ''well there is something wrong...'' then saw the £7.99 p&p... asked if items were being delivered by concord... upon finding out they were not delivered by concord, said ''so how are you not making money!!!!!!''

I can imagine they came in, looked at the books thought ''well there is something wrong...'' then saw the £7.99 p&p... asked if items were being delivered by concord... upon finding out they were not delivered by concord, said ''so how are you not making money!!!!!!''

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

I fancy they need more than a 'doctor' to sort that shower out, unless he uses a magic wand instead of a stethoscope!

Talking of doctors, has Cringle got his license back cos Marina and whoever it was was calling an awful pair of dowdy loafers 'Dr Cringles' again

FRUMPLETILTSKIN had a pair of sturdy, plastic shoes earlier and she proudly showed us the inside and all they said was 'Cringles' which supposedly is a brand we have all loved and trusted for many years.

Spot on!:mysmilie_59:

In my opinion there is no way bid will be able to survive much longer. There is nothing they can do unless they literally start a fresh with a new identity and work with the financial assets which they have got.

Latest posts

Back