Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Only a minor thing but for nearly an hour now the ticker has said monster clearance with Mark when its Justin, How they don't notice these things amazes me at times

Possibly rookie, cheaply hired staff (much like many of the presenters). The two recent on air downtimes were astonishing, anyone can have a glitch but they lost over 3 hours of selling time.

But ultimately if you hire cheap you'll eventually pay dear.

I only saw a few minutes of the DotD candles. I noticed he shifted over 1000 of them, though.

Yes, the mark-ups are often shocking. Either no one buying checks, or they don't have the internet!

Spot on Pola!

I noticed last night for what I think is the first time ever Bid did a price check against ideal world

That's right mega, I seen it for a Pifco Electric Underblanket earlier in the afternoon

Personally I don't recall ever seeing them do that before.

I keep having this recurring nightmare of Ofcom letting Sit-up off...

then more complaints following and Peter Simon up against the MP Select panel... and telling them to just buy!
and Lisa Brash selling a picture to Keith Vaz and showing off her MJ tattoo...

I keep having this recurring nightmare of Ofcom letting Sit-up off...

then more complaints following and Peter Simon up against the MP Select panel... and telling them to just buy!
and Lisa Brash selling a picture to Keith Vaz and showing off her MJ tattoo...

Last night Lisa was selling more Skin Pharmacy miracle potion that she 'absolutely loves' after earlier telling the camera person not to zoom in too close as she has black eyes following her latest botox session.

She really does take the pish.

I did see them selling an electric underblanket yesterday that you put on top of the mattress, was it perhaps that product?
No-it was a bog standard plastic mattress protector.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!

No-it was a bog standard plastic mattress protector.
I couldn't believe what I was hearing!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would probably be explained as another 'mistake'.

I know poor Sally is made to wear some awful clothes but just look at what they have Herman Birkett wearing today. According to Chris he is selling a set of 'free' knives.

Bargain.

herman.jpg

I do love it when Andy is on he takes the wee wee out of everything from the wording of "Christmas has come to Bid", "weekend4pc" that should be weekend 4 pc but they didn't bother to put the space in, "Christ has come to bid" it says mas under the big Christmas savers thing

I do love it when Andy is on he takes the wee wee out of everything from the wording of "Christmas has come to Bid", "weekend4pc" that should be weekend 4 pc but they didn't bother to put the space in, "Christ has come to bid" it says mas under the big Christmas savers thing

Andy aside it does amuse me when some of the presenters get funny with the production staff for making mistakes.

It's a bit rich isn't it? especially from some individuals but i'm far too polite to single anyone out :Laugh:

PerfectPeter.jpg

Peter is very excited he is selling three pairs of socks for just £1, or as he proudly exclaims 'just 33p a pair'. It's just a pity the p+p costs 8 times as much as the item (that trifling old chestnut).

Poor Liana, they are making her wear that dreadful black and gold dress they had Sally in.

Peter is very excited he is selling three pairs of socks for just £1, or as he proudly exclaims 'just 33p a pair'. It's just a pity the p+p costs 8 times as much as the item (that trifling old chestnut).

Poor Liana, they are making her wear that dreadful black and gold dress they had Sally in.

There are many times I feel like riding horse back into the studio and sweeping poor Liana off her feet.

Liana, you don't have to do this anymore, we know you hate that god awful dress. It's nothing short of a Cinderella story and Peter is an ugly sister! :screamingpumpkin:

There are many times I feel like riding horse back into the studio and sweeping poor Liana off her feet.

Liana, you don't have to do this anymore, we know you hate that god awful dress. It's nothing short of a Cinderella story and Peter is an ugly sister! :screamingpumpkin:

How old must Liana be, 25 tops? Putting her in something that Lily Savage would probably shy away from is beyond weird.

I'll tell you what would be hilarious. Caroline Lyndsay in it :Laugh:

How old must Liana be, 25 tops? Putting her in something that Lily Savage would probably shy away from is beyond weird.

I'll tell you what would be hilarious. Caroline Lyndsay in it :Laugh:

:grin: we could have the Ms. Lyndsay clothing collection! Like Sally's, but worse (is that even possible?)! :Smile:

:grin: we could have the Ms. Lyndsay clothing collection! Like Sally's, but worse (is that even possible?)! :Smile:

Ha Ha! I don't know how but Caroline manages to still shop at C&A even though it closed down years ago :Laugh:

But poor Liana, you wouldn't bat an eyelid if Marina Berry or Jenny Topp was made to wear that frock but making young Liana wear it is criminal. I just hope we don't see Annie in it tomorrow, just stick it on Elisa Portelli-Foreman as that would be more than believable.

Liana.jpg

Possibly rookie, cheaply hired staff (much like many of the presenters). The two recent on air downtimes were astonishing, anyone can have a glitch but they lost over 3 hours of selling time.

But ultimately if you hire cheap you'll eventually pay dear.

Let's not be unfair.
Technical glitches happen, and when the whole budget for it is pennies in comparison to most other TV channels, engineers may or may not even be in the building when they happen.

As someone who actually knows people who work in the same industry, to claim that everyone who works in the production are skill-less and cheap is both unfair and crass.

Let's not be unfair.
Technical glitches happen, and when the whole budget for it is pennies in comparison to most other TV channels, engineers may or may not even be in the building when they happen.

As someone who actually knows people who work in the same industry, to claim that everyone who works in the production are skill-less and cheap is both unfair and crass.

With all due respect I didn't 'claim' anything, I said 'possibly'.

Latest posts

Back