Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anybody else have a lump in their throat when James was selling the poppy stuff last night and had to 'take a moment'?

I don't know whether he has an emotional connection to the appeal so I wouldn't personally wish to comment on his 'moment' but, sadly, because of his absolutely appalling behaviour he is probably the last person on those channels I would want to watch selling such an item and it genuinely saddens me that I am so cynical where he is concerned.

Nevertheless I hope they raise plenty of money for the appeal, I believe they are donating 15% of the sale price.

I don't know whether he has an emotional connection to the appeal so I wouldn't personally wish to comment on his 'moment' but, sadly, because of his absolutely appalling behaviour he is probably the last person on those channels I would want to watch selling such an item and it genuinely saddens me that I am so cynical where he is concerned.

Nevertheless I hope they raise plenty of money for the appeal, I believe they are donating 15% of the sale price.

I think the emotion stemmed from his Grandad. You could tell he was genuine in his sadness... alas, I felt the same as you that I couldn't help feel cynical due to his past performances.

It is true they are donating that percentage. commendable of them to donate anything.

He not only said plenty more but I can't type as fast as he speaks and not only then when he stops half way through a sentence it makes it hard to keep up

They took another slapping with a watch straight after too so they must have lost a fortune tonight

I'm an experienced stenographer who can type at 240 words a minute and I'm not sure I could get down all of Peter Simon's spiel. Certainly the sudden shifts in logic and the way he doesn't end his sentences would be an interesting challenge.

I'm an experienced stenographer who can type at 240 words a minute and I'm not sure I could get down all of Peter Simon's spiel. Certainly the sudden shifts in logic and the way he doesn't end his sentences would be an interesting challenge.

Wow! That's amazing! You can type 4 words per second? Your hands must be a blur when you type! I'm so impressed by this!! I type at about 4 words per minute lol

Wow! That's amazing! You can type 4 words per second? Your hands must be a blur when you type! I'm so impressed by this!! I type at about 4 words per minute lol

Yep, electronic shorthand. Needless to say, it's impossible on a qwerty keyboard.

Yep, electronic shorthand. Needless to say, it's impossible on a qwerty keyboard.

Well I am seriously impressed! You should script a pete simon sell on a product. It would be really interesting to read what he actually says lol. I suspect it is a 'Ich bin ein Berliner' thing - not what you say but how you say it

When selling Jean Paul DuPont 'Wild Instinct Snow Leopard' perfume Peter Sherlock said:- 'This is a fragrance that even me as a mad animal lover almost wants to make you wear a full length, fur coat'.

I thought i'd heard it all when he said no animals were harmed in the making of a leather, animal print handbag but he has even surpassed that.

More wise words from Peter Sherlock. He is selling the 'I need Pampering' package, a lady is being made up by one of the make up artists in the studio. Ever the salesman Peter said to the model 'Do you know who you remind me of actually? Carla from Coronation Street'.

Uncanny.

Carla.jpgcarla1.jpg

Oh, James! That elf jumper! Poor bloke.

Have they not got one for him that fits?

More wise words from Peter Sherlock. He is selling the 'I need Pampering' package, a lady is being made up by one of the make up artists in the studio. Ever the salesman Peter said to the model 'Do you know who you remind me of actually? Carla from Coronation Street'.

Uncanny.

View attachment 9636View attachment 9637

Did he have his glasses on?

Well I am seriously impressed! You should script a pete simon sell on a product. It would be really interesting to read what he actually says lol. I suspect it is a 'Ich bin ein Berliner' thing - not what you say but how you say it

Luckily, I have what we call "short forms", a way of writing commonly used words or phrases in one keystroke. For a Peter Simon script I'd need to pre-programme ones for "not only", "just buy it" and "delicious". I'd still struggle to punctuate him...

Luckily, I have what we call "short forms", a way of writing commonly used words or phrases in one keystroke. For a Peter Simon script I'd need to pre-programme ones for "not only", "just buy it" and "delicious". I'd still struggle to punctuate him...

It's understandable you might struggle with Simonesque Shorthand Punctuation, I fancy the NSA and GCHQ would struggle to decypher his babble.

It's when he stops dead just as he is about to say 'plated' that would throw them.

It's understandable you might struggle with Simonesque Shorthand Punctuation, I fancy the NSA and GCHQ would struggle to decypher his babble.

It's when he stops dead just as he is about to say 'plated' that would throw them.

Another tricky one would be when he stops dead after saying, "And at that kind of price".
And at that kind of price what?...

Peter Simon says they wanted £69.99 for the first piece of white ice, your getting 3 diamonds (0.03ct) and 16g of sterling silver we have lost out shirts at £31.99 we have to roll the clock, we have to roll the clock, plunges to £29.99....we have taken an absolute slapping here, we expected nigh on £70 quid

Thanks for taking the trouble to type what he says. As others have said it makes it seem all the worse in black and white.

PJ.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I see that once again our Sally is going for the understated look. She enthused 'If you are somebody who likes to have that very sophisticated, almost glamorous film star look about you then I really do believe this is it'

Understated.jpg

Latest posts

Back