Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

it has to be said, that woman has the most disingenious smile i have ever seen. let alone on bid.

I get the impression she really is the type of person guy kean plays up to being.

Caroline is a totally professional, highly compliant presenter. She really is very, very good at her job, Cally just ploughs on and unlike others who claim the same I suspect she genuinely dosen't care what anyone thinks of her. There's little facebook, tweeting, me, me, visibly egotistical nonsense from our Cazza.

However, insincerity comes in many forms. The Lyndsay flavour of insincerity comes in every form I can possibly think of!

*I've noticed that elizabeth grant doesn't go on bid to shill her product, yet she was on ideal world fairly often.

*Sherlock has a special guest at 2.

*Why can't they lower a price when the clock is running... I know why they don't as their dismissive tone about final price shows, but it takes away the element of randomness.

*I've noticed that elizabeth grant doesn't go on bid to shill her product, yet she was on ideal world fairly often.

*Sherlock has a special guest at 2.

*Why can't they lower a price when the clock is running... I know why they don't as their dismissive tone about final price shows, but it takes away the element of randomness.

I could be totally wrong and it is just my opinion but I suspect that when Bid have products like Elizabeth Grant and Philosophy they are not sourced directly from the companies so they might not appear on the channels to promote them. Mind you, if they are selling them at a good price then all the better.

But the good news is that Laurelle and JPD are almost certainly sourced directly and I look forward in due course to celebrity on air appearances from Jacques Laurelle and Sheik Ahmed Du-Pont.

I think Peter's guest might be Alicia Douvall as it's his FAVOURITE EVER* beauty product at 2pm.

*Until the next one comes along

Last edited:
I could be totally wrong and it is just my opinion but I suspect that when Bid have products like Elizabeth Grant and Philosophy they are not sourced directly from the companies so they might not appear on the channels to promote them. Mind you, if they are selling them at a good price then all the better.

But the good news is that Laurelle and JPD are almost certainly sourced directly and I look forward in due course to celebrity on air appearances from Jacques Laurelle and Sheik Ahmed Du-Pont.

I think Peter's guest might be Alicia Douvall as it's his FAVOURITE EVER* beauty product at 2pm.

*Until the next one comes along

sherlock should take over from piers morgan on itv, seeing as he has guests

Alicia Douvall has said that you don't need any other moisturisers, day or night creams or eye creams, just her argan oil. In that case, I look forward to seeing no more Skin Pharmacy snake oil, apple serums, Elizabeth Grant caviar capsules, etc, etc. I know that QVC are just as bad at flogging all sorts of skin care and saying they all work, but Peter Sherlock would be a lot more credible if he didn't claim to use every product that Bid sell.

Alicia Douvall has said that you don't need any other moisturisers, day or night creams or eye creams, just her argan oil. In that case, I look forward to seeing no more Skin Pharmacy snake oil, apple serums, Elizabeth Grant caviar capsules, etc, etc. I know that QVC are just as bad at flogging all sorts of skin care and saying they all work, but Peter Sherlock would be a lot more credible if he didn't claim to use every product that Bid sell.

Seems a fair point!

Yuck, Russell is back. What a shark, he just said he's 6'2"-6'3". Usually he says he's 6'4", more BS?

Last edited:
Today's DOTD is a set of SBC Collagen Body Butter and it's much cheaper than what QVC charge.

I wonder why they don't ever do a direct price check for products like these that are sold on QVC and Ideal World? They often do it with other items that are sold by very.co.uk and littlewoods.com but never with the other shopping channels even, as with this offer, they are much better value.

Maybe they have a gentlemans agreement?

Today's DOTD is a set of SBC Collagen Body Butter and it's much cheaper than what QVC charge.

I wonder why they don't ever do a direct price check for products like these that are sold on QVC and Ideal World? They often do it with other items that are sold by very.co.uk and littlewoods.com but never with the other shopping channels even, as with this offer, they are much better value.

Maybe they have a gentlemans agreement?

i doubt it would be in their best interests to remind people that there is another/better shopping channel.

Dirty Peter was selling an unusual LED lit Buddha canvas yesterday. The pseudo religious music was playing, the lights were dimmed and Peter was in full flow, uttering these words:-

'In a long forgotten history, like a comet blazing across the evening sky, gone too soon. Like a rainbow fading in the twinkling of an eye, gone too soon. Shiny and sparkly and splendidly bright, here one day gone one night. Like the loss of sunlight on a cloudy afternoon,gone, gone too soon. Like a perfect flower that is just beyond your reach, gone, gone too soon. Born to amuse, born to inspire, born to delight, here one day, gone one night. Like a sunset, dying with the rising of the moon. The tranquility, the beauty of the eternal Buddha'

I was sure i'd heard some of those words before and on checking them he'd only gone and used some of the lyrics from one of Michael Jackson's lesser known songs but added a sprinkling of his own BS to them. What a shyster, we know his 'act' is a Larry Grayson ripoff but even his drivel is lifted from somebody else!

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/michaeljackson/gonetoosoon.html

Last edited:
Priceless! And what do any of those lyrics have to do with selling some tacky, doubtless Chinese sweatshop manufactured, Buddha tat?

Priceless! And what do any of those lyrics have to do with selling some tacky, doubtless Chinese sweatshop manufactured, Buddha tat?

Who knows but it makes me wonder how many of his other 'sets' are someone else's work!

It wasn't originally a Michael Jackson song but I just remembered his version as it was played quite a lot when Diana died.

Who knows but it makes me wonder how many of his other 'sets' are someone else's work!

It wasn't originally a Michael Jackson song but I just remembered his version as it was played quite a lot when Diana died.

Well, we know he nicks his opening monologue style from Larry Grayson.

Well, we know he nicks his opening monologue style from Larry Grayson.

He does have some personal talent. He was pretty good at writhing around in gunge (30 years ago) and his Ronald McDonald was critically acclaimed.

And nobody can bullshit like him!

Just been watching Caroline and I thought she looked particularly awful. Striped polyester top under the most hideous animal print cape that her friend 'Debora' would just love.

Oh Debora, always look like a zebra
Your sunken face is like a Galleon
Clawed with mysteries of the Spanish Maine
Oh, Debora

Debora

Oh Debora, always dress like a conjurer
It's fine to see your young face hiding
'Neath the stallion that I'm riding
Debora

Oh, Debora
Oh, Debora

Oh, Debora, you look like a stallion
Oh, Debora, you look like a stallion
Your sunken face is like a galleon
Clawed with mysteries of the Spanish Maine
Oh, Debora

Ha Ha!

Frump has moved on to sporting her extremely unflattering horizontal striped polyester top with a heavy cardigan. She's pulling a 'Portelli' because the size 14 sold out saying 'if you're a 14 try the 12 as i'm a good 14/16'.

Frumpy.jpg

Latest posts

Back