Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mr Guy looks very fetching in his flying jacket.

Guy.jpg

He is fabulous. When selling the Magic Ribbons he emphasised they are reusable by saying 'you can decorate the room up then collapse them all down and use them again when, when you get married again'. Brilliant!

Last edited:
I am pretty certain that if guy kean killed everyone in the room, he would still manage to have atleast one redeeming quality for me to defend him.

Peter simon using michael jackson lyrics is just disgusting... i assume there was no mention of jacko usage by him. he thinks he is smarter than his audience and he probably is as he always gets away with it.

I am pretty certain that if guy kean killed everyone in the room, he would still manage to have atleast one redeeming quality for me to defend him.

Peter simon using michael jackson lyrics is just disgusting... i assume there was no mention of jacko usage by him. he thinks he is smarter than his audience and he probably is as he always gets away with it.

The song is probably mostly recognised as a Michael Jackson record but it was written by someone else. Eitherway I have absolutely no idea what it has to do with a ****** dreadful LED tackfest.

But of course Peter didn't credit anyone with 'his' words after he mauled the lyrics, I just wonder how many times he has done this before. He added all manner of other nonsense to it but I couldn't be bothered typing it all.

I might add that he sold about 170 of them but there will still people on the lines at the end, he probably shifted all 200 of them.

Last edited:
The song is probably mostly recognised as a Michael Jackson record but it was written by someone else. Eitherway I have absolutely no idea what it has to do with a ****** dreadful LED tackfest.

And of course Peter didn't credit anyone after he spewed his drivel, I just wonder how many times he has done this before. He added all manner of other nonsense to it but I couldn't be bothered typing it all!

I like the moment just before they morph into wiki voice, when they say something like "now let me tell you about emilio mele..."

I like the moment just before they morph into wiki voice, when they say something like "now let me tell you about emilio mele..."

Oh I know. Quiz Meister Mason is a great proponent of lifting text, word for word, from the internet as well.

I wonder if there are any copyright issues with what Dirty Peter did? Funnily enough when the computers were down someone tweeted Lisa and asked her and Rezzy to (I think) sing 'We wish you a merry christmas' but she said they couldn't because they would have to pay for the rights and she wasn't joking, she was quite serious.

Oh I know. Quiz Meister Mason is a great proponent of lifting text, word for word, from the internet as well.

I wonder if there are any copyright issues with what Dirty Peter did? Funnily enough when the computers were down someone tweeted Lisa and asked her and Rezzy to (I think) sing 'We wish you a merry christmas' but she said they couldn't because they would have to pay for the rights and she wasn't joking, she was quite serious.

amazing how someone owns the rights to that

amazing how someone owns the rights to that

I think that was the song although I cannot be certain but it was certainly something like that.

I'd imagine someone will have the rights to 'Gone Too Soon' though. Maybe Dirty Peter isn't quite as adept at the old BS as we thought and he just tinkers with other peoples words!

I saw a bit of the technical difficulties on both channels. Interestingly, Lisa was a lot more adept at filling in, in quite an entertaining manner. Peter Simon talked a little about how clueless he is with technology ("twattering" anyone?) but mostly just went round talking up the products in his usual way. I'd have thought, given his background in variety, that he'd have been a bit more fun during the down time.

I saw a bit of the technical difficulties on both channels. Interestingly, Lisa was a lot more adept at filling in, in quite an entertaining manner. Peter Simon talked a little about how clueless he is with technology ("twattering" anyone?) but mostly just went round talking up the products in his usual way. I'd have thought, given his background in variety, that he'd have been a bit more fun during the down time.

Indeed, Lisa was fine but as somebody mentioned on here it gave her more time to read yet more tweets about how great she is and allowed her longer to talk about herself which is quite possibly her favourite passtime :Laugh:

Someone else noticed this trait on youtube back in August!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKtn1bLncwM

But of course Peter didn't credit anyone with 'his' words after he mauled the lyrics, I just wonder how many times he has done this before. He added all manner of other nonsense to it but I couldn't be bothered typing it all.

I might add that he sold about 170 of them but there will still people on the lines at the end, he probably shifted all 200 of them.

I find PS's usage of the song quite distasteful for an LED Buddah!

But this is Peter Simon and Bid.tv...

Dionne Warwick first performed the song in 1983 as a dedication to Janis Joplin and Karen Carpenter. Jackson's version of "Gone Too Soon" was dedicated to the memory of Jackson's friend Ryan White, a teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who came to national attention, after being expelled from his school for having HIV/AIDS.

Peter simon is an eater of worlds.

Without wishing to sound like i'm making excuses for them I suspect the presenters have really had the no doubt already high pressure on them to sell ramped up even further.

The dreadful 'Free £10 Credit' palava is taking over. My goodness, they seem to spend almost as much time pushing them as talking about the items on sale. I have a hunch that this is all going to end in tears.

Burger Flippin' ee-finz Dad Birkett was selling a Salt & Pepper Mill set for 1p with the now obligatory credit and the way he was talking it almost sounded as if he was suggesting that Price Drop were paying US to buy them!

I fancy that viewers are going to start getting sick to death of this nonsense soon enough.

Without wishing to sound like i'm making excuses for them I suspect the presenters have really had the no doubt already high pressure on them to sell ramped up even further.

The dreadful 'Free £10 Credit' palava is taking over. My goodness, they seem to spend almost as much time pushing them as talking about the items on sale. I have a hunch that this is all going to end in tears.

Burger Flippin' ee-finz Dad Birkett was selling a Salt & Pepper Mill set for 1p with the now obligatory credit and the way he was talking it almost sounded as if he was suggesting that Price Drop were paying US to buy them!

I fancy that viewers are going to start getting sick to death of this nonsense soon enough.

the real issue is someone put the bare bones of that speech on the autocue in the first place... its like he is encouraged to use aids songs to sell religion.

the real issue is someone put the bare bones of that speech on the autocue in the first place... its like he is encouraged to use aids songs to sell religion.

I wasn't even aware that MJ's version of the song was dedicated to someone, I merely (sort of) recognised the words he was using to peddle his lighty-uppy canvas monstrosity.

It does make me wonder if he's done it before though. I'm disappointed, as dreadful as he is I always kind of admired his ability to seemingly spout drivel at the drop of a hat. If he's merely spouting plagiarisms (and i'm not saying he is) then i'm struggling to think of a particular talent he possesses other than the obvious ability to BS.

Then again, he's in good company.

Peter Simon's latest baking attempt was a mince pie which he presented on a cushion, He said he's auditioning with 11 others for the bake off, Marina tried it and liked it and he gave some to Seb (who looks rather nice) who seemed to enjoy it too, I hope he gets picked to do it but its a shame its not for the 12 week series he's auditioning for

Last edited:
Peter Simon's latest baking attempt was a mince pie which he presented on a cushion, He said he's auditioning with 11 others for the bake off, Marina tried it and liked it and he gave some to Seb (who looks rather nice) who seemed to enjoy it too, I hope he gets picked to do it but its a shame its not for the 12 week series he's auditioning for

This is nothing more than a hunch on my part but I don't think we'll see Peter on the Bake Off.

Call me a cynic but what with Mince Pies and the Christmas Cards he was seemingly receiving as early as September and I think he might, just might, be trying to whip viewers into a festive frenzy :Laugh:

Latest posts

Back