Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Always useful, I might get him a leather whip and deliver it personally........feel the leather on this then winker :wink:

He might like that ha ha. Thankfully he hasn't picked up and held and swung that awful black handbag with the studs. That sight yesterday was one I found deeply troubling.

He's just said Viners are made in Sheffield. I didn't think that was the case any more?

Viners went bust nearly 30 years ago.

It's just yet another brand name that was picked up by someone, some of the stuff is decent quality though but they market a lot of low end items which I doubt have ever seen Sheffield!

Does everyone like Sally's outfit?

She looks like a protestor at Greenham Common in the mid 80's, peace man!

He's just said Viners are made in Sheffield. I didn't think that was the case any more?

I did a search on this and apparently they are made in Korea and have been for many years. I hope the Ofcom investigators read this forum, it could make their job so much easier.

BOD is highlighting the quality of the Lucky Buddha by explaining it has a felt base.

Conveniently he didn't explain it's made of resin :giggle:

Felt doesn't come cheap these days :cheeky:

Is it the set of three he's selling? Imagine all that felt!

I must give him credit that unlike many of the others he started by showing due respect that the figurine depicts Buddha.

He did a far better job than Ailee on Sunday :eek:

Does everyone like Sally's outfit?

She looks like a protestor at Greenham Common in the mid 80's, peace man!

on saturday james russell was legitimately funny when saying sally was part time bucks fizz and part time mexican wrestler..... then sally starts her show in that giant red cape/poncho

on saturday james russell was legitimately funny when saying sally was part time bucks fizz and part time mexican wrestler..... then sally starts her show in that giant red cape/poncho

According to Wiki (so it might not be true) she was in a 'reformed' Bucks Fizz with David Van Day!

According to Wiki (so it might not be true) she was in a 'reformed' Bucks Fizz with David Van Day!

Aye it's true, I think she was using the Sally Jacks name back then (opposed to the Sally Jaxx many knew her as):

Bucks Fizz with Mike Nolan, David Van Day, Leanna Leigh and Sally Jacks. Its a remix of the original Bucks Fizz hit from Eurovision 1981, "Making Your Mind Up"

Last edited:
Aye it's true, I think she was using the Sally Jacks name back then (opposed to the Sally Jaxx many knew her as):

I do like Sally. I know she's a gob on legs and that EVERYTHING she sells in bang on trend but she seems a pleasant soul.

I do like Sally. I know she's a gob on legs and that EVERYTHING she sells in bang on trend but she seems a pleasant soul.

Yep I agree, she's nice enough but often not very believable (imo) which must put people off purchasing garments. Entertainment wise there's no disputing shes fun to watch.

Yep I agree, she's nice enough but often not very believable (imo) which must put people off purchasing garments. Entertainment wise there's no disputing shes fun to watch.

As much as I criticise I fully appreciate that it can't be easy presenting 3 and a half hours of live TV selling, quite often, crap. I'm not sure than many of the other general merchandise channels have presenters on for that long in one shift.

But it's no excuse for the shenanigans but for me Sally is far from being in the same dodgy category as some of the others although like any salesperson she does have a tendency to (perhaps) exaggerate.

Latest posts

Back