Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved when they sold a mop'n'bucket... then 10mins later sold a steamcleaner, with the crux of the pitch being that mops are filthy and unsafe for kids.

It's much like when Shocked Face berates 'Celeb Fragrances' when he is lucky enough to have a brand we have actually heard of only to then enthuse about such perfume classics as Jade Goody's 'Controversial' (£4.99 in Fragrance Direct :grin:).

It's much like when Shocked Face berates 'Celeb Fragrances' when he is lucky enough to have a brand we have actually heard of only to then enthuse about such perfume classics as Jade Goody's 'Controversial' (£4.99 in Fragrance Direct :grin:).

Dont forget bubblegummy ones

Dont forget bubblegummy ones

Having now, personally, had the opportunity to actually smell the three standard flavours of Laurelle Sexxy Shoo what little confidence I had in Shocked Face Sherlock's fragrance expertise has now all but evaporated.

But maybe, just maybe, the gold limited edition is a classic in the making :giggle:

Having now, personally, had the opportunity to actually smell the three standard flavours of Laurelle Sexxy Shoo what little confidence I had in Shocked Face Sherlock's fragrance expertise has now all but evaporated.

But maybe, just maybe, the gold limited edition is a classic in the making :giggle:

I wouldnt have a clue if they were good or bad lol

I wouldnt have a clue if they were good or bad lol

Fragrance is of course totally subjective so I was just going by my untrained nose, i'm no expert myself. However, for what it's worth it was the consensus of me and two others that they stank. Really, really cheap smelling that reeks of alcohol. The red one in particular was acrid but I stress it was just our opinion, others may well like smelling like cheap liquor!

But the box and bottle seems well made, if you like that sort a thing.

Fragrance is of course totally subjective so I was just going by my untrained nose, i'm no expert myself. However, for what it's worth it was the consensus of me and two others that they stank. Really, really cheap smelling that reeks of alcohol. The red one in particular was acrid but I stress it was just our opinion, others may well like smelling like cheap liquor!

But the box and bottle seems well made, if you like that sort a thing.

are bid the only channel that sells fragrance? It seems like a difficult to sell item... due to the erm... needing to smell it first.

are bid the only channel that sells fragrance? It seems like a difficult to sell item... due to the erm... needing to smell it first.

Many of us have said that fragrance must be an incredibly difficult item to sell on television, particularly when (like most of Bid's) you are quite unlikely to be familiar with them.

But TJ Hughes seem to have got the pricing right with these products, £7.99 for me is a 'punt' price, you could even purchase them for the novelty value. But Bid's sometimes eye watering prices for these items are downright shocking and I think that this conclusively proves that Laurell's pricing on their website is, quite simply, ludicrous.

http://www.tjhughes.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/54408

http://www.laurelle.co.uk/women-fragrances/sexxy-shoo-red-detail

Dirty P has 875 leather patch bags to shift. He's said the price is going to be £9.99 and just said the phone number but the phonelines are locked

Peter does love his Rosa Benini's!

I didn't see the start of his show but by any chance did he have some christmas cards to read out?

Peter does love his Rosa Benini's!

I didn't see the start of his show but by any chance did he have some christmas cards to read out?

I missed the start too, only joined when he was selling what sounded like 'Nutella' boots that looked, he said, like the big brand (Uggs) :giggle:

Oh no there were 726 bags left, so much for phone locking once again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I missed the start too, only joined when he was selling what sounded like 'Nutella' boots that looked, he said, like the big brand (Uggs) :giggle:

Oh no there were 726 bags left, so much for phone locking once again :rolleyes:

Somehow he seemed to be getting christmas cards, in September!

Call me an old cynic but it did cross my mind they were merely stunts to get people into thinking it's time to start shopping!

I don't know why i'm like that where he in concerned, it's not as if he has ever done anything to deserve such suspicion :wink:

He's taken a bashing over the tree topper, he wanted a few shillings for it and it's gone for nigh on £20 all in

Probably £4.99 in Home Bargains

Oh the bags are Bargain of the Day then and they'll keep coming up

He's taken a bashing over the tree topper, he wanted a few shillings for it and it's gone for nigh on £20 all in

Probably £4.99 in Home Bargains

Oh the bags are Bargain of the Day then and they'll keep coming up

I have but just one word to say.

ANGELS :eek:

And even when selling an overpriced, tatty looking Christmas fairy, he couldn't resist slipping in a bit of worry angel speak: "A guardian to guide you...", etc. It's a piece of ugly, cheap plastic for the top of the tree, not a religious icon!

And even when selling an overpriced, tatty looking Christmas fairy, he couldn't resist slipping in a bit of worry angel speak: "A guardian to guide you...", etc. It's a piece of ugly, cheap plastic for the top of the tree, not a religious icon!

He just said they are setting up a whole set of angels.

You have all been warned!

Peter just said 'Coming up, the most popular of the christmas decorations and then i'm going to show you the number 1 and number 2 decorations of the year so don't miss these'.

Jeez, he cannot even keep up with his own bullshit :grin:

Latest posts

Back