Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

admittedly I know nothing about women's fashion (and not much about mens, haha) but I do sometimes wonder if she is completely full of ****... but sometimes gets masked by the sherlocks, masons and simons of the world.

I don't get how she can do nearly four hours of the same ****. at least the others have a go at selling different items every now and again.

Is she still working on her new Winter collection?

I was looking through the 'everything5pound' site and saw Sabine, the Australian model, that's been on today, modelling the + sizes

well apparently the door is left open for her to return... based on whats been said on facebook, I assume it's the same as marina an a few of the others that have gone on to other things but have made the odd return.

and I truly hate to be bitchy but all these capes make sally jaxx look like the penguin from batman. (I don't think she is 'fat'... the capes do not help.)

I walked through our market the other day and the capes were everywhere

Did you see the DOTD cape a couple of days ago with the furry trim? my god :down:

Is she still working on her new Winter collection?

I was looking through the 'everything5pound' site and saw Sabine, the Australian model, that's been on today, modelling the + sizes

yes, apparently she ''decided'' winter is here.

I wish the cruise guys would return

admittedly I know nothing about women's fashion (and not much about mens, haha) but I do sometimes wonder if she is completely full of ****... but sometimes gets masked by the sherlocks, masons and simons of the world.

I don't get how she can do nearly four hours of the same ****. at least the others have a go at selling different items every now and again.

It would appear she does have a genuine interest in fashion and despite selling the same type of merchandise day in, day out she never seems bored on screen like some of the others.

However, when she appeared on 'Come Dine With Me' it wasn't immediately apparent that any of her clothing (or indeed anything in her house) had come from Bid Towers but there could be a number of reasons for that. Maybe the programme producers ensured that Sally wasn't seen in/with any Bid products or perhaps she simply wouldn't be seen dead in any if it!

But I doubt it was any coincidence that shortly after her appearance the 'Sally Jacks' range of clothing was launched.

I walked through our market the other day and the capes were everywhere

Did you see the DOTD cape a couple of days ago with the furry trim? my god :down:

don't get me wrong, i'd gladly wear a cape... but i'd be self aware that I looked like a plonker.

It would appear she does have a genuine interest in fashion and despite selling the same type of merchandise day in, day out she never seems bored on screen like some of the others.

However, when she appeared on 'Come Dine With Me' it wasn't immediately apparent that any of her clothing (or indeed anything in her house) had come from Bid Towers but there could be a number of reasons for that. Maybe the programme producers ensured that Sally wasn't seen in/with any Bid products or perhaps she simply wouldn't be seen dead in any if it!

But I doubt it was any coincidence that shortly after her appearance the 'Sally Jacks' range of clothing was launched.

it does need to be said, she did look nice/well dressed on cdwm.

it brings up a more interesting point, I don't think my work uniform is particularly nasty but i'd not wear anything like it outside of work, purely because of how much i'm in it/around it. yet there are consistant claims of owning many of these products.

to steal a line from lee evans ''where do you live... a ****ing warehouse?''

it does need to be said, she did look nice/well dressed on cdwm.

it brings up a more interesting point, I don't think my work uniform is particularly nasty but i'd not wear anything like it outside of work, purely because of how much i'm in it/around it. yet there are consistant claims of owning many of these products.

to steal a line from lee evans ''where do you live... a ****ing warehouse?''

It didn't take long for her to trawl out another favourite line 'This is where it's at at the moment, this is where it's happening, this is where IT'S BANG ON TREND'.

This is what supposedly is bang on trend.

bang on trend.jpg

It didn't take long for her to trawl out another favourite line 'This is where it's at at the moment, this is where it's happening, this is where IT'S BANG ON TREND'.

This is what supposedly is bang on trend.

View attachment 9438

if she wants people to look like a Japanese whore, then yes... it is .. on trend.

I think she thinks ''on trend'' means something different to what it actually means. she says it too many times for it to mean an item is currently relevant.

if she wants people to look like a Japanese whore, then yes... it is .. on trend.

I think she thinks ''on trend'' means something different to what it actually means. she says it too many times for it to mean an item is currently relevant.

Sally says 'this will never go out of fashion'.

Mike Mason is bringing the cape back tonight, I wonder if he'll have a story to tell? 'when I was a kid I used to dress up in capes'.

Sally says 'this will never go out of fashion'.

Mike Mason is bringing the cape back tonight, I wonder if he'll have a story to tell? 'when I was a kid I used to dress up in capes'.

in fairness to mike on this one, it is actually plausible that he would do that as a child. just not the other 784 activities that conveniently arise when relevant.

in fairness to mike on this one, it is actually plausible that he would do that as a child. just not the other 784 activities that conveniently arise when relevant.

I wonder what he said about the (Not M&S) Bohemia perfume DOTD? 'when I was a kid I used to wear perfume'.

Maybe not.

I wonder what he said about the (Not M&S) Bohemia perfume DOTD? 'when I was a kid I used to wear perfume'.

Maybe not.

I know it sounds ludicrous but I feel his bullshit is far less damaging than most of the others, we just seem to gravitate towards his, where he is more ''watchable'' overall, though mainly in terms of entertainment. I think it's fair to say.

also his bullshit is easily spotable, where-as you have to do your research to catch out peter simon or russell on jewellery for example.

I know it sounds ludicrous but I feel his bullshit is far less damaging than most of the others, we just seem to gravitate towards his, where he is more ''watchable'' overall, though mainly in terms of entertainment. I think it's fair to say.

also his bullshit is easily spotable, where-as you have to do your research to catch out peter simon or russell on jewellery for example.

That's kind of always been my view of him too Mr Tom although I don't find him that entertaining.

Mike is a bullshitter extraordinaire, there's no doubt about it. However, what he dosen't do is actually directly mis-sell products. Sure he'll often tell a tale that he'll forget about, or in the case of Jean Paul DuPont say it's possibly going to be on sale in Debenhams but even then he rather cleverly qualified that by saying it was only a rumour and he couldn't say it was a fact or not. I can though, it wasn't a fact and probably was never even a possibility.

I have never once complained about him and never had reason to which makes me very happy but that's not to say he hasn't carried on in a pretty shady manner at times because I believe he has, but that's just my opinion.

But there's worse than Mike, much worse.

That's kind of always been my view of him too Mr Tom although I don't find him that entertaining.

Mike is a bullshitter extraordinaire, there's no doubt about it. However, what he dosen't do is actually directly mis-sell products. Sure he'll often tell a tale that he'll forget about, or in the case of Jean Paul DuPont say it's possibly going to be on sale in Debenhams but even then he rather cleverly qualified that by saying it was only a rumour and he couldn't say it was a fact or not. I can though, it wasn't a fact and probably was never even a possibility.

I have never once complained about him and never had reason to which makes me very happy but that's not to say he hasn't carried on in a pretty shady manner at times because I believe he has, but that's just my opinion.

But there's worse than Mike, much worse.

oh indeed, he is quite good at making sure he describes the item, far better than in previous months... though the only mis step i can recall is describing the battery usage, which to be fair he has gone on to rectify.

Id be surprised if he got reported for misleading over the content of gold for example.

His stories however.... indefencable.

oh indeed, he is quite good at making sure he describes the item, far better than in previous months... though the only mis step i can recall is describing the battery usage, which to be fair he has gone on to rectify.

Id be surprised if he got reported for misleading over the content of gold for example.

His stories however.... indefencable.

The 'How much do you pay for Sky, Virgin etc' story he tells (indirectly) in support of the dongle is another pretty shady example. Nothing to complain about of course but exceedingly grubby, in my opinion.

I love the quite irrelevant supporting stories. The dreadful James Russell used to spend far more time describing completely and utterly unrelated (and extremely expensive) Black Opals in support of (indirectly, of course) the utterly ghastly Mystic Meg Triplet Shitlet Gold Plated Opal Jewellery :giggle:

The 'How much do you pay for Sky, Virgin etc' story he tells (indirectly) in support of the dongle is another pretty shady example. Nothing to complain about of course but exceedingly grubby, in my opinion.

I love the quite irrelevant supporting stories. The dreadful James Russell used to spend far more time describing completely and utterly unrelated (and extremely expensive) Black Opals in support of (indirectly, of course) the utterly ghastly Mystic Meg Triplet Shitlet Gold Plated Opal Jewellery :giggle:

the one thing i will give mike is that he doesn't treat the public/customer as his personal friends (more so in comparison to peter simon)

Another quick mention, guy kean... quickly becoming a hero of mine. he just doesn't give a ****.

James Russell is really laying it on thick with his sale of an overpriced cheapo Creation Lamis scent. Interestingly, he pronounces the name "La-mee", Peter Sherlock pronounces it "La-miss", while Peter Simon prefers "Lay-miz". Come on guys, this is a master perfumier! Get your stories straight!

James Russell is really laying it on thick with his sale of an overpriced cheapo Creation Lamis scent. Interestingly, he pronounces the name "La-mee", Peter Sherlock pronounces it "La-miss", while Peter Simon prefers "Lay-miz". Come on guys, this is a master perfumier! Get your stories straight!

Much like JPD it's also made in the UAE. Neither are very Arabic sounding are they? Anyone could be forgiven for thinking they are made up names :giggle:

Mind you, Laurelle dosen't really sound very Essex like either, I don't suppose Sarf End would have the same ring really.

Last edited:
I know this does vere into the "well they cant win either way" catagory but i do wonder if they have actually created a psuedo skill in making a point out of the legality that they cannot name brands... whilst still heavily implying a vague selection of big name possibilities.

I reckon im reading far too much into it... though this is a place for random thoughts.

I know this does vere into the "well they cant win either way" catagory but i do wonder if they have actually created a psuedo skill in making a point out of the legality that they cannot name brands... whilst still heavily implying a vague selection of big name possibilities.

I reckon im reading far too much into it... though this is a place for random thoughts.

Your mate Guy Kean is looking more and more like Swiss Toni by the week! I love his disinterest, fab! :giggle:

swiss.jpgswiss1.jpg

He's selling a little, pretty low spec Yarvik for £99.13 and said 'you'd be very hard pushed I THINK going round the shops'. Very clever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back