Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As much as I criticise I fully appreciate that it can't be easy presenting 3 and a half hours of live TV selling, quite often, crap. I'm not sure than many of the other general merchandise channels have presenters on for that long in one shift.

But it's no excuse for the shenanigans but for me Sally is far from being in the same dodgy category as some of the others although like any salesperson she does have a tendency to (perhaps) exaggerate.

id love to see her present something other than clothes/fragrance, something that isnt subjective.

id love to see her present something other than clothes/fragrance, something that isnt subjective.

Sally is selling a set of Laurelle City Girl which always reminds me of a kids play set. She sprayed one of the bottles and used the line 'ooh, now that is almost like, there's a big designer out on the high street at the moment for perfumes'. I have literally lost count how many of the presenters use that line, I wonder if it's in the Sit-Up Staff Induction handbook?

But I guess the old ones are always the good ones.

city.jpg

Last edited:
Aye it's true, I think she was using the Sally Jacks name back then (opposed to the Sally Jaxx many knew her as):

Bucks Fizz with Mike Nolan, David Van Day, Leanna Leigh and Sally Jacks. Its a remix of the original Bucks Fizz hit from Eurovision 1981, "Making Your Mind Up"

truly an abomination of what music stands for. ****** awful.

Bid have yet another new reek in and this time for the fellas, it's rather modestly called 'Royale'. Sally and Peter enthused about the quality of packaging which I think you'll agree is understated and somewhat elegant.

Royale.jpg

I must again acknowledge Jenny Topp's progress of late. She is co hosting with shocked face and her bullshitting skills really are coming on leaps and bounds.

If she she continues in this fashion I can see her reaching the levels of such BS luminaries as MacDonald & Mason. Well done Jenny!

Wirral 70''Sally is selling a set of Laurelle City Girl which always reminds me of a kids play set. She sprayed one of the bottles and used the line 'ooh, now that is almost like, there's a big designer out on the high street at the moment for perfumes'. I have literally lost count how many of the presenters use that line, I wonder if it's in the Sit-Up Staff Induction handbook?

But I guess the old ones are always the good ones.''

View attachment 9429

You mean, 'This is a look that's absolutely huge on the high street at the moment, and a lot of the big designers are doing something very similar' ????????????

That's her default line for every badly made, ill fitting, cheap looking abomination she serves up.

Last edited:
"its so 'on trend"

Jesus christ... how can every item be 'on trend' surely that defeats the purpose.

I believe she's quite correct when she says pink is a big colour for next years fashion however, i'm not sure it's necessarily Barbie bubblegum pink like in Bid's clothes :giggle:

Has anyone ever tried these Zotrim slimming aid tablets? The reviews on Amazon are almost straight down the middle, good and bad.

"its so 'on trend"

Jesus christ... how can every item be 'on trend' surely that defeats the purpose.

I really hate it when they say that, also I hate it when they say nobody else will have it.... I feel like asking them what about the thousands of people that have bought the item previously then? I don't like how the word "designer" is thrown about either.

On a side note does any one know why Helen left? as far as I can see she's avoided answering the question on twitter. She says things like she misses "Team Bates".
I can't imagine it was a cost cutting exercise as Marina's back tomorrow I'm told.

I really hate it when they say that, also I hate it when they say nobody else will have it.... I feel like asking them what about the thousands of people that have bought the item previously then? I don't like how the word "designer" is thrown about either.

On a side note does any one know why Helen left? as far as I can see she's avoided answering the question on twitter. She says things like she misses "Team Bates".
I can't imagine it was a cost cutting exercise as Marina's back tomorrow I'm told.

When did she leave, it must have been very recently?

It will be quite a big expense having a new baby right before christmas. A cot, stroller, clothes, nappies, towels.

Hopefully he can stock up at Bid.

He'll have to go to the dreaded High St. for that lot.

He could treat her to a Timmy Time, it always makes him laugh every time he sells it

Last edited:
22nd of September she posted:

Team bates join me on bid tonight I'm sad to say its my final appearance for a while so please come join xxxx #teambates

Maybe she's just taking a break but people keep saying how they are missing her and want her back on their screens. She said she's not even doing pantomime this year, I wonder what happened.

I tend to switch off when she's on, especially when she's Dirty Peter's assistant as unfortunately she grates on me and I have sometimes found her rather vulgar.

Personally I won't miss her but I still wish her well, i'm sure she can do much better than being a dogsbody assistant on Bid TV!

I believe she's quite correct when she says pink is a big colour for next years fashion however, i'm not sure it's necessarily Barbie bubblegum pink like in Bid's clothes :giggle:

admittedly I know nothing about women's fashion (and not much about mens, haha) but I do sometimes wonder if she is completely full of ****... but sometimes gets masked by the sherlocks, masons and simons of the world.

I don't get how she can do nearly four hours of the same ****. at least the others have a go at selling different items every now and again.

well apparently the door is left open for her to return... based on whats been said on facebook, I assume it's the same as marina an a few of the others that have gone on to other things but have made the odd return.

and I truly hate to be bitchy but all these capes make sally jaxx look like the penguin from batman. (I don't think she is 'fat'... the capes do not help.)

Latest posts

Back