Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Russell was flogging some gold plated 925 Tanzo earrings (75 in the quantity) and despite all his bull (a thousand times rarer than diamonds) and quite a long time spent on them he only shifted 13. I think he's really going to need Kiri's glamour and beauty to help him shift this lot!

Then with the next set of Tanzo the creep just said 'that is not £1,349..... it's £134.99'. The final price? £69.99

What an absolute plonker!

Last edited:
They was doing a non stop drop with mark

it was currently at about 71p, he said "ooo 13p" it carried on dropping

have a guess where it stopped .... 13p

but they never ever know do they. shock, awe, surprise, someones getting fired, blah blah blah

They was doing a non stop drop with mark

it was currently at about 71p, he said "ooo 13p" it carried on dropping

have a guess where it stopped .... 13p

but they never ever know do they. shock, awe, surprise, someones getting fired, blah blah blah

There currently seems to be a heightened sense of desperation about them, in my opinion.

And that is often when they are at their worst!

There currently seems to be a heightened sense of desperation about them, in my opinion.

And that is often when they are at their worst!

i guess it disappointed me as, as much as i know the presenter knows the final price. there was this part of me that didnt know just how "unrandom" lets say, a non stop drop is to the point that even wiggy knows what it will stop at a minute before it happens.

i guess it disappointed me as, as much as i know the presenter knows the final price. there was this part of me that didnt know just how "unrandom" lets say, a non stop drop is to the point that even wiggy knows what it will stop at a minute before it happens.

The only 'true' Non Stop Drop is for products that regularly sell for £1 anyway, if it's anything half decent the 'non stop drop' can at times virtually grind to a halt.

I guess they can be fun and engaging for some viewers (which is no doubt the idea) but any regular viewers will know they are something of a nonsense really, and that is being diplomatic!

Another incredibly vague sale of a gold diamond ring from the shocking James Russell. Detail such as :-

'it has a decent amount of gold that you've got there as well'
'when you're buying diamonds it's all about quality, it's quality that determines price, quality that defines value. What you've got here is a stunning example of a 1ct diamond'

Sadly the viewers obviously didn't feel suitably empowered with such knowledge to make a purchase. He only sold................... NONE :grin:

And he's just done it again with the next ring 'you're getting a significant amount of gold' and 'you're getting a serious amount of gold' and even 'I just want to show you the thickness of the gold because you're getting a lot of gold here' without once, not once, confirming the gram weight (nor did the on screen captions on either ring). But again, unsurprisingly, he sold NONE.

You reap what you sow!

Last edited:
The only 'true' Non Stop Drop is for products that regularly sell for £1 anyway, if it's anything half decent the 'non stop drop' can at times virtually grind to a halt.

I guess they can be fun and engaging for some viewers (which is no doubt the idea) but any regular viewers will know they are something of a nonsense really, and that is being diplomatic!

yeah, after reading my post back I fear I came across as something of a pleb/novice... I am well aware of the dynamics of the pricing structure. was just shocked to have a non stop drop 'stop' revealed a good amount of time before it actually happened, thus shattering the illusion that it is as random as it is made out to be. (im well aware it is never random but I assumed it was more random'ish than the other **** they do... or at the very least, random to the actual presenter until the drop actually finished.)

yeah, after reading my post back I fear I came across as something of a pleb/novice... I am well aware of the dynamics of the pricing structure. was just shocked to have a non stop drop 'stop' revealed a good amount of time before it actually happened, thus shattering the illusion that it is as random as it is made out to be. (im well aware it is never random but I assumed it was more random'ish than the other **** they do... or at the very least, random to the actual presenter until the drop actually finished.)

There is little random about Bids 'falling prices' and as for us being in control of the price in a Non Stop Drop? Whatever!

There is little random about Bids 'falling prices' and as for us being in control of the price in a Non Stop Drop? Whatever!

The only way we/the customer control the price is in terms of how expensive they can sell it for, due to amount of demand. Or by the opposite token... by not calling in at all when it's at a certain price.

The only way we/the customer control the price is in terms of how expensive they can sell it for, due to amount of demand. Or by the opposite token... by not calling in at all when it's at a certain price.

Indeed Mr T.

It gives me no pleasure to say this but James Russell is totally back to his very worst tonight. His sales have been, quite frankly, appalling.

Terrible.

Indeed Mr T.

It gives me no pleasure to say this but James Russell is totally back to his very worst tonight. His sales have been, quite frankly, appalling.

Terrible.

I rarely watch his work simply because he comes across to me as a used car salesman. I am aware I run the risk (hi dirty pete) of hypocriting myself as I am a fan of mike mason, who was born to sell cars with 12 previous owners but at least Mike is stereotypically that character as opposed to how Russell Portrays himself by choice.

I rarely watch his work simply because he comes across to me as a used car salesman. I am aware I run the risk (hi dirty pete) of hypocriting myself as I am a fan of mike mason, who was born to sell cars with 12 previous owners but at least Mike is stereotypically that character as opposed to how Russell Portrays himself by choice.

I am only glad that his utterly disgraceful sales of two diamond rings didn't wash with anyone as he didn't sell a single item.

Everything about him reeks slimeball, and to think he seemed to improve so much when his wife was pregnant. That now seems a very long time ago :frown:

I am only glad that his utterly disgraceful sales of two diamond rings didn't wash with anyone as he didn't sell a single item.

Everything about him reeks slimeball, and to think he seemed to improve so much when his wife was pregnant. That now seems a very long time ago :frown:

I am ashamed to admit that based on you bringing up his name, I put it on bid. I was almost hypnotised by the weird blue kaleidoscope effects they had on the screen behind him during the 24 carot gold necklace sale.

I am ashamed to admit that based on you bringing up his name, I put it on bid. I was almost hypnotised by the weird blue kaleidoscope effects they had on the screen behind him during the 24 carot gold necklace sale.

I turned him off, i'd honestly heard enough.

How on earth can you expect people to part with between approximately £250-£1500 (the price of the two rings) with a sale as disingenuous as those I mentioned?

Maybe we should ask ourselves why they feel the need to be so disingenuous? However, he takes disingenuous to a totally different level, it's verging on downright sneaky.

I used to enjoy his bs once upon a time but I don't watch anymore, I think Wirral's right - it's that slimeball smarminess that puts me off.

I turned him off, i'd honestly heard enough.

How on earth can you expect people to part with between approximately £250-£1500 (the price of the two rings) with a sale as disingenuous as those I mentioned?

Maybe we should ask ourselves why they feel the need to be so disingenuous? However, he takes disingenuous to a totally different level, it's verging on downright sneaky.

I ask you to turn it back on, purely because I think the dynamic between Russell and Charlie Charleston is quite fascinating.

I would say Charlie is ''bumbling'' but not disingenuious, so putting him next to Russell is erm.. yeah like I said. fascinating.

I ask you to turn it back on, purely because I think the dynamic between Russell and Charlie Charleston is quite fascinating.

I would say Charlie is ''bumbling'' but not disingenuious, so putting him next to Russell is erm.. yeah like I said. fascinating.

I have had enough watching him, I almost feel like I have been stood for an hour in a fish and chip shop.

Greasy!

actually what is the forums opinion of Charlie Charleston in general?

I don't recall anything particularly negative, he seems a decent enough guy. Personally I don't tend to watch him too much but simply because of the type of products he is involved with.

Latest posts

Back