Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So he thinks he got a dig in? More like he's simply showing his true colours. For me that kind of tells us everything we need to know about their attitude towards compliance.

But rather than getting a dig in i'd say he's digging an even bigger hole for himself. Has the penny dropped yet with Dirty Peter that they are being investigated by Ofcom? That kind of seems a pretty stupid thing to say, in my opinion :wink:

This is why I find Bid (and especially PS) so grimly fascinating. I saw PS's rant and the mask slipped for just a moment, but enough for his attitude towards being told what to do (ie being compliant) to be revealed. On what other shopping channel in the world would the host berate a viewer at all, never mind one with a legitimate complaint? Literally unbelievable!

This is why I find Bid (and especially PS) so grimly fascinating. I saw PS's rant and the mask slipped for just a moment, but enough for his attitude towards being told what to do (ie being compliant) to be revealed. On what other shopping channel in the world would the host berate a viewer at all, never mind one with a legitimate complaint? Literally unbelievable!

Indeed, and i'm sure Ofcom will take note of his attitude when they are made aware of it :wink:

In the interests of honesty, Peter Simon said yesterday he'd been selling perfume for "nigh on" 20 years. Erm, where, from a car boot? I thought Bid started in the year 2000. I just don't understand why he feels he needs to make such odd, clearly false statements. I look forward to hearing his rant about this post!

In the interests of honesty, Peter Simon said yesterday he'd been selling perfume for "nigh on" 20 years. Erm, where, from a car boot? I thought Bid started in the year 2000. I just don't understand why he feels he needs to make such odd, clearly false statements. I look forward to hearing his rant about this post!

It would be easy to think that Peter Simon isn't one for bothering too much with accurate details, his shocking compliance record is testament to that.

It's hard to imagine any other shopping channel tolerating such an incompetent presenter, or allowing one to rant at customers.

The pressure seems to be getting to him, I have seen it happen to people when they know the game is up.

He's apparently been selling bags and dealing with the finest leather and fashion for 'nigh on 20 years' too.

I suppose it's too much to hope that the end of his shopping tele selling is nigh

He's apparently been selling bags and dealing with the finest leather and fashion for 'nigh on 20 years' too.

I suppose it's too much to hope that the end of his shopping tele selling is nigh

Do you remember what he used to say about Laurelle and Dr Cringles?

And Klaus Kobec

For anyone interested he actually said

I got into trouble a couple of months ago when I said it was nearly 1ct of something and it was 3 or 4 points off and you gotta get you gotta get, I got into trouble but nigh on seems to me it was nearly 1ct but this is now I've got to get this right its 0 . 9 9 ct , Now everybody in the studio is that nigh on a carrat? would you say that was right?, ok right well I've told ya, Id say its nigh on a carrat, it is 0.99ct so if that lady wants to complain again, i'm just doing what i'm told alright

I think I got a dig in there, did I get a dig in there?

I heard that. PS must love skating on thin ice!!

What a plonker - it's not going to help them one bit with Ofcom... :giggle: the Bid air balloon is going down with yet more added lead! :giggle:

He'd been selling them for 'nigh on 20 years'?

I seem to remember he also said Dr Cringles had been leaders in their field for 20 years. Just the other day he said Peter Sherlock is a Beautician!

Mind you, that's nothing compared to his gold plated tanzo sales last christmas. He won't be doing that this year, or will he?

I heard that. PS must love skating on thin ice!!

What a plonker - it's not going to help them one bit with Ofcom... :giggle: the Bid air balloon is going down with yet more added lead! :giggle:

I know we all joke and make silly comments on here but just to be serious for one moment that really was a quite staggering thing to say wasn't it?

I totally get that Sit-Up operate like no other shopping channels around but to allow him to make a statement like that beggars belief.

There was a show on ITV years ago called Opportunity Knocks, the presenter (Hughie Green) also made an on air rant live on air. He was sacked soon after, and was finished on TV.

I know we all joke and make silly comments on here but just to be serious for one moment that really was a quite staggering thing to say wasn't it?

I totally get that Sit-Up operate like no other shopping channels around but to allow him to make a statement like that beggars belief.

There was a show on ITV years ago called Opportunity Knocks, the presenter (Hughie Green) also made an on air rant live on air. He was sacked soon after, and was finished on TV.

when I heard him say that I couldn't believe it - then thought he obviously doesn't care about the future of the channel.

Why the management bother employing someone like that I don't know. He obviously has such a big ego - must think he's untouchable! :whew:

Last edited:
when I heard him say that I couldn't believe it - then thought he obviously doesn't care about the future of the channel.

Why the management bother employing someone like that I don't know. He obviously has such a big ego - must think he's untouchable! :whew:

I think the reason he is tolerated is that he is the 'star' of the channel and he shifts a lot of stock, maybe even the most.

Unfortunately there are many examples where he has done so by being less than candid and accurate. He was always going to be called to account and if he didn't realise that he really must have an ego the size of Russia.

If he dosen't like it he should either improve, or quit. I'd be happy with either.

I think the reason he is tolerated is that he is the 'star' of the channel and he shifts a lot of stock, maybe even the most.

Unfortunately there are many examples where he has done so by being less than candid and accurate. He was always going to be called to account and if he didn't realise that he really must have an ego the size of Russia.

If he dosen't like it he should either improve, or quit. I'd be happy with either.

Quite a few people have told me that the reason PS gets away with a fair bit is they think he brings a lot of revenue/credibility to their Bid Bingo side of the business, as we can see he's the face of it:

2d9d0df.jpg

Quite a few people have told me that the reason PS gets away with a fair bit is they think he brings a lot of revenue/credibility to their Bid Bingo side of the business, as we can see he's the face of it:

2d9d0df.jpg

Credibility?

Good grief!

I thought that too lol, but apparently he appeals to the demographic that they want. I personally would of thought Bingo balls himself would of been a better choice :song:

Mason is probably too 'in yer face' for the demographic I assume Peter appeals to.

I wonder if that appeal will continue if the muck publicly hits the fan?

I see Bid are kindly scrolling details that they found 50ml of Oscar De La Renta 'Live in Love' EDP for £49 + £5.95.....................at HARRODS.COM :giggle:

Well I found it at cheapsmells.com for £19.99, delivered :grin:

http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productId=659695

I must say that poor Peter Simon seems terribly flustered, almost desperate. Peter Sherlock just said something that seemed curious, to me anyway. Talking about Ecotan he said 'you will go the colour that you go when you go in the sun, not the colour that it takes you'.

So what if you are very fair skinned and barely tan?

Last edited:
I make that nigh on £35 cheaper

How much did Bid shaft the punters for it?

£19.99 plus P+P.

But honestly Momma, what a comparison to use. Harrods :grin:

I bet if they sold it a little box of Ariel would cost about a tenner!

Latest posts

Back