Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't recall anything particularly negative, he seems a decent enough guy. Personally I don't tend to watch him too much but simply because of the type of products he is involved with.

I seem to be of the opinion that it is like he is the straight man in a comedy where everyone else is full of bullshit.

though it was funny when honest andy didn't clip in the steel plates properly on that 11 in 1 ladder, Charlie stood on it and literally fell through. he was unharmed though he may not have many more kids.

jy3ynaja.jpg

Thanks bid I was wondering what on earth pour Elle meant. Google translate came a blank. I am thinking they meant to put pour well, then I read on and thought oh yeah of course. You rock bid. Seriously.

actually what is the forums opinion of Charlie Charleston in general?

I think he's great, and he is one of the few people who work for bid which I could see working for other shopping channels. - Angela is great too but I know she has worked for IW in the past.

JR had a 24ct gold plated necklace. I've seen it before at £12.99 plus the approximate tenner. At no time did I hear what the 24ct gold was plating.

And the two diamond rings that didn't sell :giggle:......'in three, in two, in one........the phone lines are open'.......what a waste of time :rolleyes:

I think he's great, and he is one of the few people who work for bid which I could see working for other shopping channels. - Angela is great too but I know she has worked for IW in the past.

I think she was a gardening guest on qvc before her stint on iw

Sit-Up's resident Thespian (the charming Guy Kean) is selling the BT Triple Cordless Phones, and a decent deal it was too.

However, Guys proclaimed with a staggered, shocked look 'No additional Line Rental, 3 Lines but no Line Rental extra'.

3 Lines, really? You couldn't make it up (well, Guy could).

Further to my above post, I have no idea why a link has been inserted to a website for those phones (which are not the same ones anyway!)

Very strange :confused2:

JR had a 24ct gold plated necklace. I've seen it before at £12.99 plus the approximate tenner. At no time did I hear what the 24ct gold was plating.

And the two diamond rings that didn't sell :giggle:......'in three, in two, in one........the phone lines are open'.......what a waste of time :rolleyes:

Further to my above post, I have no idea why a link has been inserted to a website for those phones (which are not the same ones anyway!)

Very strange :confused2:

Same seems to have happened to the first mention of 24ct gold plated in my post above. If I hover the mouse over it, it changes to a pinky colour and it shows up as shopzilla above the task bar. I've noticed it on another couple of posts too :confused2:

So strange, I just hope our posts don't all of a sudden provide a link to something really dodgy (and I don't mean Bid's website :grin:).

Look at the jumper that Runt of The Litter Ryes is modelling.

Putting aside the fact it's hideous it makes his head look massive!

So strange, I just hope our posts don't all of a sudden provide a link to something really dodgy (and I don't mean Bid's website :grin:).

Was it a word you posted that contained the link? if so I think its what most forums seem to be doing now, vibrant marketing I think its called. I opted out of it on their website so I don't see the links now.

Was it a word you posted that contained the link? if so I think its what most forums seem to be doing now, vibrant marketing I think its called. I opted out of it on their website so I don't see the links now.

Ah right, I must check my options then as I don't like it!

It started to happen when the layout of this forum was changed. Can be very off putting especially when people do put links which you may miss between the advertising. :(

Peter Simon had a bit of a rant earlier when selling a diamond and tanzanite ring he said something on the lines of now I've got to be accurate here because I got in to trouble when someone complained when I was selling something a few points out once before so this is 0.99ct, nigh on 1ct

He then said so if the lady wants to complain again this is 0.99ct, nigh on 1ct

I'm sure we all remember his nigh on 2g gold bracelet he was selling months back that was 1.4g too

Peter Simon had a bit of a rant earlier when selling a diamond and tanzanite ring he said something on the lines of now I've got to be accurate here because I got in to trouble when someone complained when I was selling something a few points out once before so this is 0.99ct, nigh on 1ct

He then said so if the lady wants to complain again this is 0.99ct, nigh on 1ct

I'm sure we all remember his nigh on 2g gold bracelet he was selling months back that was 1.4g too

Poor Peter, i'm so sorry to hear he seems rattled by customers expecting him to be candid and accurate. I'm sure fellow forum members will join me when I say we can personally reassure him that we will always be on hand to help him be accurate.

And to coin one of the great man's phrases we'd never do you wrong Peter. Delicious :wink:

For anyone interested he actually said

I got into trouble a couple of months ago when I said it was nearly 1ct of something and it was 3 or 4 points off and you gotta get you gotta get, I got into trouble but nigh on seems to me it was nearly 1ct but this is now I've got to get this right its 0 . 9 9 ct , Now everybody in the studio is that nigh on a carrat? would you say that was right?, ok right well I've told ya, Id say its nigh on a carrat, it is 0.99ct so if that lady wants to complain again, i'm just doing what i'm told alright

I think I got a dig in there, did I get a dig in there?

For anyone interested he actually said

I got into trouble a couple of months ago when I said it was nearly 1ct of something and it was 3 or 4 points off and you gotta get you gotta get, I got into trouble but nigh on seems to me it was nearly 1ct but this is now I've got to get this right its 0 . 9 9 ct , Now everybody in the studio is that nigh on a carrat? would you say that was right?, ok right well I've told ya, Id say its nigh on a carrat, it is 0.99ct so if that lady wants to complain again, i'm just doing what i'm told alright

I think I got a dig in there, did I get a dig in there?

So he thinks he got a dig in? More like he's simply showing his true colours. For me that kind of tells us everything we need to know about their attitude towards compliance.

But rather than getting a dig in i'd say he's digging an even bigger hole for himself. Has the penny dropped yet with Dirty Peter that they are being investigated by Ofcom? That kind of seems a pretty stupid thing to say, in my opinion :wink:

Last edited:
That's like me setting up a Presenter selling channel and saying when selling Dirty Pete, he has nigh on a full head of hair ....

Latest posts

Back